JLUR Splash Guards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JLUR Splash Guards

Any plans for AEV to come out with these?

They showed off their JLUR splash guards at SEMA in 2018 and 2019, so I assume they will release them with their bumpers, tire carrier, fuel caddy, third brake light relocation, etc. Nobody from AEV committing to a release date yet (that I know of), but I read in one of the off road magazine articles that the stubby version of the bumper is tentatively scheduled for Q1 2020 and full width Q2 2020. I imagine the timing would be similar for the splash guards.

Comment

Are the splash guards solely compatible with their bumpers or can they be used universally on all JL’s?

Comment

All speculation until the product is actually released, but if the JK version is an indicator, the splash guards will be specifically designed to work with AEV's bumper only. They install using threaded inserts in the bumper and they are contoured to the tube guards. I suppose you could rig up a custom installation if you're not looking to buy the AEV bumper, but I don't believe they will be designed to install on the factory or other aftermarket bumpers.

Comment

Originally posted by JL John View Post
          They showed off their JLUR splash guards at SEMA in 2018 and 2019, so I assume they will release them with their bumpers, tire carrier, fuel caddy, third brake light relocation, etc. Nobody from AEV committing to a release date yet (that I know of), but I read in one of the off road magazine articles that the stubby version of the bumper is tentatively scheduled for Q1 2020 and full width Q2 2020. I imagine the timing would be similar for the splash guards.
          Careful, if you keep making posts this good I'm going to be out of a job. ;-)

Splash guards are in the queue, and we understand that they're going to be in high demand for the rear bumper. They will specific to our rear bumper.

The bumpers are obviously our top priority right now. But the good news is the development time for the splash guards should be pretty quick.

Comment

Working...
          X