Salta Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salta Wheels

Question for AEV - any plans to come out with Salta's fit for the JL/JT. I"m getting ready to put JK Salta's on my Gladiator but will wait if JL's are around the corner (since offset is a little different)..

We're looking at late first quarter 2020. They're going to be similar to the original Salta wheels, but with a revamped design.

Comment

Great thanks! Have there been pictures released?

Comment

Not yet. But I'll try to remember to post some here when they're released. The updated design is pretty cool.

Comment

Thats great to know , I really like the Saltas on my JK , I think they would look great on my Gladiator ,pictures would be most appreciated .

Comment

Originally posted by Betsy View Post
            Thats great to know , I really like the Saltas on my JK , I think they would look great on my Gladiator ,pictures would be most appreciated .
            I have read on some JT forums that jk saltas work fine on the Gladiator. Some on there claim ideal bs and not an issue with the camera like the JL's aevRJ opinion on this?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffd View Post

I have read on some JT forums that jk saltas work fine on the Gladiator. Some on there claim ideal bs and not an issue with the camera like the JL's aevRJ opinion on this?
              They'll fit, the issue is with the backspacing. They'll stick out a bit from the fender flares, but there's nothing stopping you from putting them on there. We don't recommend it because it doesn't meet our standards. We have an updated/revised Salta coming for the Gladiator sometime this year.

Comment

stock gladiator rims have 6" bs so .8" difference not really enough to worry about. I am curious what the new Salta jt rim bs is going to be? less than 6" I hope.

Is there going to be different Saltas for the sport and overland editons vs the rubicon edition?
                Last edited by jeffd; 01-15-2020, 03:07 PM.

Comment

stock gladiator rims have 6" bs so .8" difference not really enough to worry about. I am curious what the new Salta jt rim bs is going to be? less than 6" I hope.

Is there going to be different Saltas for the sport and overland editons vs the rubicon edition?
                  aevRJ just checking back. What will the BS be and how is the different width axles between sport and overland vs Rubicon being addressed or is it? thanks

Comment

aevRJ just checking back. What will the BS be and how is the different width axles between sport and overland vs Rubicon being addressed or is it? thanks
                    They're going to work just like the other JL wheels we're doing. Because we're using a backspacing that's specific to the JL it ends up being a wash. Yes the Rubicon Fender Flares are wider than the Sport and Sahara, but the axle is wider too, so we don't have to adjust for that with the wheel.

PS: Thanks for tagging me in your post. I'm *much* more likely to see your posts that way.

Comment

Originally posted by aevRJ View Post

They're going to work just like the other JL wheels we're doing. Because we're using a backspacing that's specific to the JL it ends up being a wash. Yes the Rubicon Fender Flares are wider than the Sport and Sahara, but the axle is wider too, so we don't have to adjust for that with the wheel.

PS: Thanks for tagging me in your post. I'm *much* more likely to see your posts that way.
                      aevRJ what back spacing are you going to use? or what offset if it is going to be a 17x8.5 rim? Thanks.

Comment

Are we expecting these wheels shortly? Have they been delayed?

Comment

Any updates on release timing for the Salta wheels?

Comment

HOW LONG MUST WE WAIT FOR AEV PARTS FOR JL WRANGLER?

Posted on July 2, 2018

Watch the video on AEVs blog. basically when the JM is released.

Comment

Do you have a link to video/AEV blog?

Comment

Working...
                              X