No announcement yet.

Rear Bumper AEV RAM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any news on the rear bumper? Dual swing outs? stealth and stock looking aside from the swing outs?

Please give us something to look forward to!
    2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Dave View Post
      Working on it, project got sidelined in the wake of another future product, so it won't make SEMA...but its very high in the priority list.

dh
      I am tired of waiting. Going to be dropping $3,400 on an Aluminess with dual swing outs, cabinet, etc. I wanted to buy an AEV rear bumper but I can't buy what doesn't exist and I have been waiting for nearly two years on a rear bumper from AEV. What is most frustrating is that AEV could have just said two years ago that they weren't going to be making a rear bumper and I could have just bought the Aluminess then. Too busy making faux beadlock 20" wheels.
      Last edited by RF2200; 04-10-2017, 02:53 PM.
      Ram Laramie Power Wagon
      AEV Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
      Land Rover Discovery SD Series I
      Land Rover 110
      Unimog U1200
      Husqvarna TR650 Terra Touratech

Comment

Originally posted by RF2200 View Post
        I am tired of waiting. Going to be dropping $3,400 on an Aluminess with dual swing outs, cabinet, etc. I wanted to buy an AEV rear bumper but I can't buy what doesn't exist and I have been waiting for nearly two years on a rear bumper from AEV. What is most frustrating is that AEV could have just said two years ago that they weren't going to be making a rear bumper and I could have just bought the Aluminess then. Too busy making faux beadlock 20" wheels.
        don't blame you. if i remember right they still don't have the skid plate for late model rams. but they do have a heat reduction hood and a new ram 1500 recruit package...

mike

Comment

Originally posted by msch2112 View Post
          don't blame you. if i remember right they still don't have the skid plate for late model rams. but they do have a heat reduction hood and a new ram 1500 recruit package...

mike

They are still a company that needs to concentrate on areas where they can maximize profit.

Having said that I also am still waiting on a rear bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
          2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
          1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

Understand frustration but if and when released it well be tested, proven and well thought out as we have come to come to expect from AEV. If you are referring to the new 17" Borah with optional rings for appearance-makes good business sense. AEV will sell them 1000:1 Ram HD rear bumpers.

Comment

Originally posted by TTEngineer View Post
              They are still a company that needs to concentrate on areas where they can maximize profit.

Having said that I also am still waiting on a rear bumper.

X2

2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

Comment

I am keenly aware of the requirement to maximize profit. That is why I made the post. One reason AEV has this forum is to receive customer feedback and suggestions. My feedback is that AEV may be reaching the limits of customer patience with regards to the Rear Bumper/completing the Prospector package. I am not upset. I simply cannot wait any longer on a rear bumper. Things happen and priorities change. AEV was literally too busy making faux beadlock 20" wheels and other components of the recruit kit. While I obviously would prefer that AEV release a rear bumper ASAP. It is their prerogative to do what they like.

I was not referring to the Borah wheel. The Borah wheel is excellent. I was referring to the wheels on the Recruit. If we asked most existing AEV customers they would say that the last thing we need on this planet is more 20" wheels for half ton trucks. However, AEV is obviously trying to reach a new customer. One that is less concerned with payload and off road capability and more concerned with fuel economy and fitting in their office car park.
                Last edited by RF2200; 04-12-2017, 10:04 AM.
                Ram Laramie Power Wagon
                AEV Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
                Land Rover Discovery SD Series I
                Land Rover 110
                Unimog U1200
                Husqvarna TR650 Terra Touratech

Comment

I have to agree with RF2200 here.

There is a point where customers are only going to wait so long for promises that fall short of expectations.

I realize that the rear bumpers, skid plates, procals (which are already produced) don't sell as well or make as much money as wheels, snorkels, bumpers, etc...

However, if you're going to promote your company as selling Expedition Vehicles, they probably should have and sell Expedition type components like trail gear.

Just my .02

Comment

Been an AEV fan for years now and I hate to tell you... AEV has been doing this for years. Only clock they are on is their own and not to worried about the few folks that go the other way.

Besides, from what I've seen in terms of bumpers for these things, even if you do go a different route, there's a good possibility you'll come right on back when it finally does get released.

Comment

Rear bumper

I just bought a rear winch bumper from Hard Notch Customs Vancouver WA
                      Attached Files

Comment

I could really use the swing out on an AEV rear bumper to get the 37" spare tire out of the bed! I need the room! Dave, when can we get the rear bumper!? I need one and want one from AEV!
                        2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

Originally posted by AEVRAM3500 View Post
                          I could really use the swing out on an AEV rear bumper to get the 37" spare tire out of the bed! I need the room! Dave, when can we get the rear bumper!? I need one and want one from AEV!
                          X2!! Tried a hitchgate, rattled all over the place and set off the parking sensors. Any plans for a rear Prospector bumper?

Comment

I've been thinking about how AEV would design one and what features it would have based on how they designed the other Prospector parts.

I think they would design a bumper that has the option of sensors as well as, stay with me here, a tank built into the bumper, like the JK, but instead of water it would possibly be for fuel and transfer into the main tank. I'm not sure if it will have a spare carrier though. Since no matter how you mount it, it would block the backup camera, unless they work with Chrysler to develop a relocation kit for the camera.

I don't know, obviously, but I think those features would be very AEV like.

Either way, a must for me is the camera. Since these trucks are so big you really need to be able to utilize every inch of usable maneuvering space possible and a camera is the best solution to that.

2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
                            2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
                            1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

Integrate camera mount above licence plate. Flat top bumper with a full width notch for a step. Shackle mounts to match the front, Optional winch mount. Swing out tire carrier on passenger side. Led back up lights on a manual/ auto switch. Also a horn so if you hit horn in reverse rear horn blows.

Comment

Originally posted by TTEngineer View Post
                                I've been thinking about how AEV would design one and what features it would have based on how they designed the other Prospector parts.

I think they would design a bumper that has the option of sensors as well as, stay with me here, a tank built into the bumper, like the JK, but instead of water it would possibly be for fuel and transfer into the main tank. I'm not sure if it will have a spare carrier though. Since no matter how you mount it, it would block the backup camera, unless they work with Chrysler to develop a relocation kit for the camera.

I don't know, obviously, but I think those features would be very AEV like.

Either way, a must for me is the camera. Since these trucks are so big you really need to be able to utilize every inch of usable maneuvering space possible and a camera is the best solution to that.

I am sure that AEV would think of a relocation for the back up cam and also include the back up sensors. Everyone knows these trucks are massive and without the help backing up is simply dangerous!

another thing I thought of, if having a camper shell/hard top or a rack in the back, maybe one could add the cargo cam 3rd brake light and mount that on the top rear of the hard top or rack and use this cam instead of the one in the tail gate. Not sure, just an idea I might actually try out!

I also want sth strong with recovery points and LED back up lights, as well as a tire/can holder. Maybe a dual swing out. The short bed is just worthless with a 37 inch spare laying flat in there. I would like to be able to use the bed, but do not want to drive around without the spare tire.

Also a high lift jack mount would be great on the swing out, like they have done for the JK.

The water or diesel tank option would be cool to, as would the dual control switch for the led lights to control them as battery on or on with the back up lights.

Comment

Working...
                                X