No announcement yet.

Rear Bumper AEV RAM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strong recovery points and full side protection are a must for me. I don't really care about the need for a rear winch. I wheel my truck in Moab and I tow regularly. Banging the crap out of the hitch is annoying.

But full protection on the back of the fenders, even if I have to cut them, like the Mercenary high clearance bomber bumper would be awesome.

I'm really jealous of the rear bumper options for Toyota Tacoma's. So many great looking bumpers, offering full protection.

My only other want, would be better clearances at the corners. When I come down off something, I have a tendency to tap a corner.
    2015 Ram Power Wagon Expo/Tow Rig
    Moab Tested 16/17

Comment

I agree with the annoying whacking of the rear hitch and even with as little overhang as there is on the back of this truck I did use the corners of the bumper to keep things away from the body. Very happy with hos this bumper turned out. Clearance for days which lets me push things a lot farther.
      Attached Files
      Visit us today!http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com

Comment

Originally posted by RF2200 View Post
        Your picture demonstrates that the problem is not just the bumper, but the sheet metal behind the rear tire. This sheet metal should go and the rear bumper should go all the way to the wheel well the same way that the Brute Double Cab rear bumper goes all the way to the wheel well. People are already going to be cutting their trucks for the flares.
        This extension to the wheel well could be a bolt on affair similar to the bumper ends for the front bumper. This would allow for the correct sizing for 37" and 40" tires/flares and would allow people to forgo the extensions all together if they do not want to cut.
        I would like to say goodbye to the metal behind the tire like DPP. I like the bumper that you have made up. It wouldn't be hard to tie it back into the frame rail. I would take clearance over a rear winch. Additionally, If I were going to use a rear winch I would mount it between the frame rails forward in the spare tire location. Also, most of the trailers I pull are military style pintle trailers and I would not mind a higher hitch.
        Ram Laramie Power Wagon
        AEV Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
        Land Rover Discovery SD Series I
        Land Rover 110
        Unimog U1200
        Husqvarna TR650 Terra Touratech

Comment

I don't think AEV will get rid of the HD tow hitch though. That's kind of their thing, that the rigs still maintain all OEM spec with a little added capability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
          2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
          1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

The corners tied back into the frame really easy and the rear bumper is still removable. There is a hitch mount located behind the license plate in the rear, the license plate flips up for access and we have a winch mounted between the frame rails where the spare tire used to go.
            Visit us today!http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com

Comment

Dave/Chris,

Any updates on the RAM rear bumper?
              2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

bump for updates...
                2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

Working...
                X