Rear Bumper AEV RAM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Bumper AEV RAM

Hey Dave, a while back you said that you were working on the rear bumper every night until its finished. By chance do you have anything that you can share... any updates

Comment

Will the rear bumper have some kind of spare tire mount?

Comment

Sorry, we don't comment or do ETA's on future product. If you like you can comment on what you'd like to see and I'll certainly consider things. It will be a full featured product.

dh
        2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
        2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
        2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
        2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Dave View Post
          Sorry, we don't comment or do ETA's on future product. If you like you can comment on what you'd like to see and I'll certainly consider things. It will be a full featured product.

dh
          Doesn't hurt to ask right?? Me personally I would love to see integrated protection similar to what is seen on the JK bumper, Id love to see a swing out tire carrier... personally I like the half doors/dual swing outs vice the single arm. Integrated fold down tables as an option, It would be great to see a fuel tank option to fill the existing spare tire well, built in steps. maybe a built in lock box for recovery gear.... just a couple ideas. Maybe others could make recommendations as well. Thanks for doing what you do!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Dave View Post

dh
            Seeing something that works with backup sensors and the factory backup camera would be a nice touch too.
            2012 Ram Power Wagon
            Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, Salta HD Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo A/T II Tires

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfNeptune View Post
              Doesn't hurt to ask right?? Me personally I would love to see integrated protection similar to what is seen on the JK bumper, Id love to see a swing out tire carrier... personally I like the half doors/dual swing outs vice the single arm. Integrated fold down tables as an option, It would be great to see a fuel tank option to fill the existing spare tire well, built in steps. maybe a built in lock box for recovery gear.... just a couple ideas. Maybe others could make recommendations as well. Thanks for doing what you do!!!
              Yes. All of this.

Comment

For sure a spare tire carrier either built on or an add on option and cut outs on the corners for steps like the chevy silverado would be great. Obviously light cut outs are always nice and please make it compatible with parking sensors. The front bumper not working with them is not a big deal since they only work in reverse but the rears really do need to work.
                2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
                2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
                1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

i would like to see an integrated rear bumper system just like you guys make for the jeep jk. there is nothing else that slick or modular on the market for jeeps and key word is slick your jk bumpers are the industry standard follow suit with the ram.

as far as the tire carrier that should go without saying provisions must be made to carry a spare in a reliable fashion for those of us that use our beds for other things. support for a 37" and even the 40" tire should be a mandatory. i'm currently running the 37's but i'm either selling my truck or or upgrading it to the 40" kit as soon as its released as our plans have changed slightly and could benefit from the larger tire and a shorter overall truck like a regular cab.

Comment

If the bumper gets a spare carrier please make sure it does not impede the rear backup camera. Plus I've always liked an offset look for spares on tailgates.

Stunt Man, you're selling it?! You just got that thing!

Comment

Flush mounted or frenched LED back-up lights would be a great option. Integrated winch option perhaps??

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Tru-bicon View Post
                        Flush mounted or frenched LED back-up lights would be a great option. Integrated winch option perhaps??

Cheers
                        i couldn't agree more the more integrated the better flush mount led floods out back and a rear winch is a must with a truck thats as tricky to turn around as these big ol rams. learned this the hard way with my power wagon a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by stunt man hans View Post
                          i couldn't agree more the more integrated the better flush mount led floods out back and a rear winch is a must with a truck thats as tricky to turn around as these big ol rams. learned this the hard way with my power wagon a few times.
                          Putting a winch out back would be too much I think. The better option would be to get one of those hitch mounted winch kits, but thats just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by TTEngineer View Post
                            Putting a winch out back would be too much I think. The better option would be to get one of those hitch mounted winch kits, but thats just my opinion.
                            I've actually given some thought to the back winch, and in theory if the spare tire is mounted to the bumper, then the spare tire location might make a good spot for a rear mounted winch. I'm sure there would have to be some tweaking, but in theory it should work.
                            2012 Ram Power Wagon
                            Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, Salta HD Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo A/T II Tires

Comment

rear winches are usually more useful from a recovery standpoint there are ways around it sort of but imo there is no real easy way to duplicate what a rear winch set up can provide you if you are stuck. its a big expense and i have no idea what it would mean from a designing or engineering stand point.

the size width and weight of these trucks can offer up some tricky recovery situations on tighter trails depending on the terrain ahead of you so having a rear winch could be a very good thing. also having a rear winch on a big mid duty truck like this offers up some nice capability as far as working is concerned just my .02 i for one hope mr. dave is taking that into consideration when designing that rear bumper.

Comment

Working...
                              X