Switch Panel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AOR View Post
    Depending on the level of options your truck has if going with the OEM setup you may loose some hard buttons on the dash. These buttons would be replaced with the factory switch panel. These buttons are in a row under the radio that control things like the heated/cooled seats , heated steering wheel etc.
    They can be controlled through the 8.4 radio. I did not want to lose those hard buttons. I installed an SPOD HD SE. It works well. I do however really like the look of the AEV prototype switch panel in the SEMA truck
    I have a classic SPOD in my Jeep and the OEM aux switch setup in the Prospector.

The Prospector OEM aux switches take over the heated seats and steering wheel switches. It is sort of annoying to access those functions through the flat panel as it always involves at least a couple display swaps to get to the right menu.

The OEM aux switches work as advertised and are more programmable than the SPOD switches I have in the Jeep. (Ignition on, always on, etc. can be programmed through the dash.)

The OEM switches are a bit clumsy, they are located low on the console and there isn't much tactile feedback when using them. This is OK for the aux lights, but I might want to move the locker on/off to a "real" switch located more conveniently at some point.

Overall I would view the OEM vs SPOD as different, but quality solutions to the same problem. One is really just making personal tradeoffs in choosing one or the other. I suspect before I'm done I'll end up with both in the RAM.

Comment

This being the 21st Century, here is a product that I have been running for quite some time and rocks. It is all solid state so no fuses to worry about and it will auto reset if it has an excessive amp draws out of a circuit. It will also give you a warning if there is an issue with that circuit. Above and beyond it having the switch panel they also have an App that lets you control it with your smart phone. We have build an AEV style switch mount for the top of the centerstack in the past using the SPod but there is a really cool spot on the headliner just to the back of the front dome lights that this little switch pro can mount super easy.

http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/p...er-system.aspx
      Attached Files
      Visit us today!http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com

Comment

Oh and the factory switch's are cool but they don't have labels and they aren't the easiest thing to hit when your driving down the road. Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Power Products View Post
          This being the 21st Century, here is a product that I have been running for quite some time and rocks. It is all solid state so no fuses to worry about and it will auto reset if it has an excessive amp draws out of a circuit. It will also give you a warning if there is an issue with that circuit. Above and beyond it having the switch panel they also have an App that lets you control it with your smart phone. We have build an AEV style switch mount for the top of the centerstack in the past using the SPod but there is a really cool spot on the headliner just to the back of the front dome lights that this little switch pro can mount super easy.

http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/p...er-system.aspx

Got any photos of it mounted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
          2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
          1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

I will in about a week, designed the aluminum bezel to go around it and am starting on it this weekend. I will definitely have pics though.

Comment

This is a set up that a customer wanted located towards the back of the center tub. This is the bezel style switch panel and the customer wanted it in a location that he could hit the buttons easily while driving. This is in a 1500 Ecodiesel not that it matters but for visual aid of the size of the switch panel. We have also used these in the JK's on an a pillar mount.
              Attached Files

Comment

looks really good! I am in for one of those as soon as you have them available! the one for the center dash stack that is....
                Last edited by AEVRAM3500; 02-17-2017, 12:39 PM.
                2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

The AEV switch panel is by far the best option I have seen.

Just sell it to us AEV. We are ready to give you our money.

Comment

Agreed that AEV is the best option...trying to find something that doesn't require an ECU reflash nor a big LCD touchscreen. Waiting for this fine addition...and think it will keep the hat in its place on the dash as well!!!

Comment

Like some people have mentioned before, the Prospectors/Rams are awesome and very popular. There are so many people that want the matching rear AEV bumper, the front Diesel skid plate and also this switch panel and are willing to throw money at them. It is funny that a heat reduction hood (it is a great looking hood, don
                      2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

bump

Comment

We didn't plan on selling this housing as an individual part, we originally tooled this product for the upfit side of our business where we needed an OE looking housing to have good switches with a tactile feel (I hate touch screen or switches with minimal tactile feedback when off-roading) but its part of a larger system on the upfit side and unlike virtually all similar products out there that are inexpensive vacuum formed plastic, this unit is a three pc injection molded part.

So...Here is a question for you guys? If we were to offer this switch housing (just the housing, you add Carling Switches), would you be willing to pay $100?

dh
                          2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
                          2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
                          2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
                          2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

Being that the space you have used of the switches is really wasted space (i can't think of a thing that would "fit" in that cubby without falling out) I would be willing to spend the money. Especially since, in theory, you could use a "universal" 6 switch application from a different company to fill it's internals or (if you were good enough with wiring) make your own system of switches for a reasonable amount of money.

Obviously very small potatoes to what you have going on in the big picture of AEV, so i think most of us understand the reasoning for it not being a pressing item.

That being said, would there be a possibility of working with a side company to use your design to bring a product to market? It seems to me, that the popularity of the ram trucks is just taking off.. and will continue to climb for the foreseeable future.
                            2014 JKUR - AEV 3.5" - 37" KO2
                            2015 Ram Power Wagon - 37" KO2

Comment

Personally, I'd pay it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
                              2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
                              1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

You can buy all sorts of switches for just about any purpose and color and legend from OTRATTW.

DH
                                2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
                                2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
                                2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
                                2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

Working...
                                X