Switch Panel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AEV Dave View Post
    Haha, i was just joking, everyone here knows ive made plenty of stuff because it wasn't available...some good ideas, some bad.

Kudos to Onstilts for getting it done and making it look nice, I know it wasn't too easy...plus we don't have a spot for a gauge.

we're working on getting the stuff out.

dh
    Glad to hear that Dave. Any idea when it might roughly be available?
    2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

I bet with the AEV pod you could cut the whole face out and leave about a 1/4" edge and cut a piece of aluminum or kydex and make new holes for the use of gauges and/or switches I am interested to see what people do once the pod is available.

Comment

Oh man, I've been keeping an eye on this for a while now. Thank you Dave for making this available for public purchase! Now I'll have to keep refreshing for the new product announcement

Comment

bump for updates
          2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

Hi Dave, do you have any news for us on availability on the switch pod? When do you think it will be available?

Thanks!

-Ralf

Comment

bump for updates...

Comment

Dave, Any updates?

Comment

So the 20th anniversary edition XL and now the tray bed XL will get the switch pod, so the parts must be available now. Dave when can we, having the RAMs already, get the hands on this switch pod? you are killing us with waiting on these!
                  (and the rear bumper!! )

Comment

Originally posted by AEVRAM3500 View Post
                    So the 20th anniversary edition XL and now the tray bed XL will get the switch pod, so the parts must be available now. Dave when can we, having the RAMs already, get the hands on this switch pod? you are killing us with waiting on these!
                    (and the rear bumper!! )
                    The wait is because while we can put them in our full conversions, it is not ready in a DIY kit form. We have access to a lot of different tools here that the general public may not have at home so getting it ready for consumer use is a little different and more difficult than use building it into a full conversion here in the shop.
                    Chris Holt
                    Marketing Associate, AEV
                    248-926-0256 x272
                    cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Chris View Post
                      The wait is because while we can put them in our full conversions, it is not ready in a DIY kit form. We have access to a lot of different tools here that the general public may not have at home so getting it ready for consumer use is a little different and more difficult than use building it into a full conversion here in the shop.
                      Thanks for the info!

I really hope it is available within June. I have the next big trip comin up in July and would really need the switches to be there before that.

I would be willing to get one that you put in the factory builds and figure out how to mount in myself. I might even have some of the needed tools.

Comment

Okay, now what I want to know is what "special tools" could you possibly have that you would need for a gauge pod install??? Sander, knife, grinder, dermal, drill, what is it? 3D CNC? Plastic welder? I am a tool junkie, so if I don't have one, now I need one! It's been killing me to trying to figure this out.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormtroopers View Post
                          Okay, now what I want to know is what "special tools" could you possibly have that you would need for a gauge pod install??? Sander, knife, grinder, dermal, drill, what is it? 3D CNC? Plastic welder? I am a tool junkie, so if I don't have one, now I need one! It's been killing me to trying to figure this out.
                          HAHa, good one....

that is what I asked myself too and the reason I said I might have the tool, as I can

Comment

Originally posted by Stormtroopers View Post
                            Quick Dave...say something like a 3 axis CNC flying arm water jet...

Comment

Well, given the fact that AEV typically doesn't do mainstream there are probably some fancy things that the ProCal will need to be able to do to enable functions on the switch panel to make things function a certain way through the vehicle BCM. Just guessing here but light bars working with high low beam switch. Who knows whats going on in that head of his but I'm sure like everything else they have come up with it will be worth the wait. But Yes Dave, what up?
                              Visit us today!http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Power Products View Post
                                Well, given the fact that AEV typically doesn't do mainstream there are probably some fancy things that the ProCal will need to be able to do to enable functions on the switch panel to make things function a certain way through the vehicle BCM. Just guessing here but light bars working with high low beam switch. Who knows whats going on in that head of his but I'm sure like everything else they have come up with it will be worth the wait. But Yes Dave, what up?
                                Actually that would be a cool option Cooper, thanks for mentioning that. A possibility to switch the light bars (or off road lights) with either battery power or the high beam switch. So for offroad you can have them on independent of the headlights, but for using them on remote back roads, it would be nice to trigger them via the high beam switch so when oncoming traffic approaches, you just have to dim the headlights to turn all the offroad lights off as well!

AEV -> would that at all be possible with your setup?

Comment

Working...
                                X