This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple quick cheap shots before the storm hits

My wife took the "good" pics with her camera. She is much better. She will post them on our FaceBook and Instagram pages later

Height of rack is 78" from the ground with AEV's 3" package and 37's. We are a dealer for 23Zero and their tents will work really nice with the height

NutHouse Industries LLC
    NutHouse Industries LLC
    Tom Isaacs Jr

Comment

An upgrade on our Peanut model expedition trailer we have been working on. Looking at incorporating this into a bed rack as well. https://vimeo.com/183147770

NutHouse Industries LLC
      NutHouse Industries LLC
      Tom Isaacs Jr

Comment

NutHouse Industries LLC
        NutHouse Industries LLC
        Tom Isaacs Jr

Comment

Bummer. I was hoping for something that just worked off the post corners like the AEV mock up.

Comment

Any reason why y'all went with square tubing instead of round?
            2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
            2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
            1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Jhill View Post
              Bummer. I was hoping for something that just worked off the post corners like the AEV mock up.

If you are wanting off the post corners that is not a problem., we can do that. We choose the angle full length as we feel the rail is weak and get beat up. Preserves the rail and adds strength

NutHouse Industries LLC
              NutHouse Industries LLC
              Tom Isaacs Jr

Comment

Bed Rack for Ram

Originally posted by TTEngineer View Post
                Any reason why y'all went with square tubing instead of round?

Yes. Hopefully I can place all my thoughts down and not jumble them to much. Have a huge headache from putting out fires from vendor problems and screw ups from last week and this week already

Talked to several people during the last months about the racks and taking a consensus of what was asked for. Being all aluminum most said they would have problems if they wanted to weld something to the rack since it was all aluminum. Steel was not a problem, but aluminum raised concerns. Have a couple outlets for potential sales and tried to take their concerns in consideration. Being square tubing gives them more options to bolt to the rack to add lighting, rotopax, etc. without having to send the rack out. They can buy multiple racks on a skid and outfit to their preference or customers preference easier with the square. Also lets a guy that wants a bone stock rack add easily over time, without having to locate someone that can do a nice job welding aluminum. Needs, wants and tastes change, and square seemed to help this with a guy that wanted aluminum, and simple with the ability to change more easily or time

The Ram bed is tapered and the bed rails are tilted down. Square cut down cost with production concerns. Out of 18 pieces, 6 are not repetitive in any configuration within the rack. Round would have increased labor with cutting and all the coping, etc. to get the fitment and welding is a little more challenging. Bending the aluminum for the front and rear hoop seamed to scuff the tube making it harder to leave a mill finish without painting. We can scotchbrite the square tube faster and easier than round and get a more consistent natural finish. Painting would alleviate a lot of the above, but creates another set of steps to drive costs. Considering applying bed liner to mine in a color match to the truck and trying to decide if the cost is worth it. Scotchbrite and SharkHide is an easy almost maintenance free option that appeals to several we talked to. Some of our options are much easier with the square as well from a production standpoint

When looking at mounting roof top tents most guys asked for cross members ~14"-16" o.c. For a strong base for the tent and didn't want to buy additional hardware to mount the tents and a larger percentage asked for square over round

First couple are done and making a couple changes on the next one already. First item is working with an extruder to cut down the size of tube with a thicker wall and larger radius to help the site lines and give the appearance of a more "round tube" Everything is a compromise it seems on the racks and getting the rack to a 100% acceptance is near impossible on a production scale. Round has benefits as does the square. The best part is we can do either and make exactly what suits your needs and wants to your liking with any
                options or features you want. Just need a drawing, sketch or conversation to get the process started.

These racks will be constantly changing and evolving and appreciate any feedback to make our product better and more appealing.
                Last edited by NutHouse Industires; 09-19-2016, 09:17 PM.
                NutHouse Industries LLC
                Tom Isaacs Jr

Comment

Do you have updated models to show/sell? I'm in the market now for a rack to install my RTT, water cans, fuel cans, tools, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by UT-Prospector View Post
                    Do you have updated models to show/sell? I'm in the market now for a rack to install my RTT, water cans, fuel cans, tools, etc.

Yes. Have a couple design changes taking place, a new concept, and working with a company that has a retractable cover that works with our racks. We also do custom and have a couple units we a quoting out .

Just shoot me an email to tom@nuthouseindustries.com or give us a shout

Have a couple guys interested in picking up units up at Expo West or having them dropped off on the way as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    NutHouse Industries LLC
                    Tom Isaacs Jr

Comment

Originally posted by NutHouse Industires View Post
                      Yes. Have a couple design changes taking place, a new concept, and working with a company that has a retractable cover that works with our racks.

Now that's cool. Any photos or more info you can share on the cover or a ram box version?

Comment

Bed Rack for Ram

Now that's cool. Any photos or more info you can share on the cover or a ram box version?

Awaiting on the folks to get the info on the retractable cover to us to make sure dimensions are correct for both the boxes. Found a company at SEMA willing to work with us if they could use our bed racks as private label

Will have a square tube version and a version with mixture of round hoops and square crossbars. Working and moving forward between projects

Last edited by NutHouse Industires; 11-22-2016, 01:23 PM.
                        NutHouse Industries LLC
                        Tom Isaacs Jr

Comment

This is about the size and shape I have in mind for a rack that works with ram boxes.

Comment

This is about the size and shape I have in mind for a rack that works with ram boxes.

Got it. Are you wanting the retractable cover, hard cover or no cover with that setup??

NutHouse Industries LLC
                            Tom Isaacs Jr

Comment

Retractable cover would be tits.

Comment

Bed Rack for Ram

Update to this thread.

We will be offering two new all aluminum style bed racks shortly

1.)Classic Series with bent round tubing

2.)Tech series with angle mitered cut square tubing.

Both racks will have removable center sections in the case something tall needs to be hauled. An Allen wrench can be used to remove an interlocking fitting on each the left side and right side of each crossbar. The interlocking fittings are all aluminum and being custom fabricated to our specs.

Both will be available in natural aluminum finish with Sharkhhide Protectant , or a hard cure urethane textured coating. The urethane coating can be done in several colors, black is standard

Both available in short bed, long bed, and RAM Box

Retractable, USA custom made, all aluminum cover in powder coat black texture finish, available in short bed, long bed and RAM box. More details to follow later on the cover.

An all aluminum hard cover in natural aluminum, hard cure urethane textured coating in black, or custom colors in the urethane coating can be done to color match your trucks.

These options should cover several requests that have been made to us

The standard racks are approx 17"-18" from the truck bed rails, putting the rack approx 6" lower than cab height. Custom heights can be fabricated to suit your individual needs, wants or tastes

Classic or Tech Series with the removable center sections will ship flat for easy freight, along with a retractable cover if desired.

We are still working on freight details for the all aluminum hard cover.

We are working out some small details with the retractable covers and will have some on hand shortly. We are also re-tooling for the Classic series racks to handle the schedule 40 aluminum and playing with dies to get the best finish. The bender will handle 2" round aluminum tube or 2" square tubing as we will be doing our own truck beds in house in the future and thinking about headache racks and other uses.

The hard cure urethane textured coating is being refined and playing with different colors including metallic's

Pricing is almost finished and pics of the finished products as we work out the small details will follow

Sooo, we will have two style racks to work with short bed, long bed, and the RAM box with several options. Finishes, spare tire mounting, rotopax, rtt's, retractable covers, hard covers, removable cross members.

We have set a very aggressive goal to offer our all aluminum in house built truck beds and tray beds in 2017. We have been a dealer for Alum-Line for several years and happy with their product and will still offer and sell their product. NutHouse would like to offer a bed more in line with the expedition crowd and be able to have more control of this product , quality control and options offered

Happy New Years to all from NutHouse Industries LLC!!

NutHouse Industries LLC
                                Tom Isaacs Jr

Comment

Working...
                                X