Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bed Rack for Ram

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    The removable rail connectors do add substantial cost but make for a very versatile rack. Our racks do not require any drilling or modifications to the truck.

    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • #92
      Here's the fully loaded 1500 RAM Rambox custom rack version, with 10' Lowe 1040 Jon Boat and Tepui Kukenam Sky tent. Cheers!





      flep.co

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by TTEngineer View Post
        It is nice. The price however is substantial. And WAY WAY more than I anticipated.


        $2588






        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


        Yes, that is a pretty steep price indeed. I paid less for more.


        flep.co

        Comment


        • #94
          Bed Rack for Ram

          As per forum rules, non AEV products aren't allowed to be advertised. We excusing ourselves from this thread out of respect for the admins and rules. It wasn't my intention to advertise the racks, just discuss options, wants , needs, desires, etc. My apologies. We are easy to find to discuss questions, concerns and comments concerning our products.

          Have an awesome day

          Tom


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          NutHouse Industries LLC
          Tom Isaacs Jr

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by NutHouse Industires View Post
            As per forum rules, non AEV products aren't allowed to be advertised. We excusing ourselves from this thread out of respect for the admins and rules. It wasn't my intention to advertise the racks, just discuss options, wants , needs, desires, etc. My apologies. We are easy to find to discuss questions, concerns and comments concerning our products.

            Have an awesome day

            Tom


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


            Agreed, Tom. Thanks for pointing this out - it's the same here - I'm not aiming to promote, I designed my one-off for my purpose and hope to inspire by sharing ideas. But if AEV (Chris Holt, I'm talking to you) is interested in inspiring from my design, go for it and stay in touch. I'd love to see the outcome.


            flep.co

            Comment


            • #96
              My rack...

              Check it out. I wanted to buy a rack for my truck, but felt limited with the options. We bought a notcher fab'd this out at my work. The tire mount turned out really cool. We were even able to salvage the AEV strap
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #97
                Very cool. It looks like you could fit 2 spares back there if you had too.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
                2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
                1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by cantbeataktm View Post
                  Check it out. I wanted to buy a rack for my truck, but felt limited with the options. We bought a notcher fab'd this out at my work. The tire mount turned out really cool. We were even able to salvage the AEV strap


                  Nice rack. I like the final decision to add a higher rail to the driver side - what was the thought process behind that? Apart from hanging laundry from outside the tent
                  The tire rack looks good. Not sure if you really need two spares...? Do you have pics of the fully loaded & ready to travel rig?


                  flep.co

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    There is no way two spares would fit. We joked on it while building it, but it's a little too tight.

                    The driver-side high hoop is for an awning. I ordered a An EEzi-awn 270 Mantra yesterday to put on there. I think the awning is 7.5 Ft I'm curious to see how it fits. It may be a tad long for my 6.5 Ft bed. It's a work in progress. Once it's all dialed in, i'll send it to powdercoat.

                    Comment


                    • You get what you pay for. It's always amazing to me the comments that get made on the Internet forums looking at nothing but digital pictures. Drive to the nuthouse industries shop in rural Ohio and see what those guys are doing with their hands, look at the quality of the welds, the commitment to craftsmanship. I have a rack on order with them. This is not to say there aren't other good options. I am sure there are. But frankly, 2500 for a bespoke rack of this level of quality with urethane coating, etc. with no drilling holes on your truck is very in line with market. No relationship other than an informed, researched, satisfied customer.
                      17 RAM 3500 CTD HO/Aisin CC SRW- AEV conversion
                      AEV front and rear bumpers
                      AEV wheels
                      AEV differential covers
                      AEV mudflaps
                      Vision X lights
                      Warn 16.5
                      AMP power steps
                      Titan aux fuel tank
                      TruckVault / CargoGlide
                      Nuthouse Industries custom bedrack
                      Carli Backcountry suspension

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jbtx1125 View Post
                        You get what you pay for. It's always amazing to me the comments that get made on the Internet forums looking at nothing but digital pictures. Drive to the nuthouse industries shop in rural Ohio and see what those guys are doing with their hands, look at the quality of the welds, the commitment to craftsmanship. I have a rack on order with them. This is not to say there aren't other good options. I am sure there are. But frankly, 2500 for a bespoke rack of this level of quality with urethane coating, etc. with no drilling holes on your truck is very in line with market. No relationship other than an informed, researched, satisfied customer.


                        If it turns out that no one else will make a comparable rack then I'll cough up the money to them. When I met them at Expo last year I walked away impressed with their work. And much to my wife's dismay, I certainly don't have a problem spending money on nice things. But as it stands right now, 2500 is not in line with market from what I am finding. Hell, that's 2.5% the cost of a Limited Prospector.



                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
                        2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
                        1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

                        Comment


                        • I meant no offense directly, everything for these trucks is expensive. We are all lucky to be able to afford the hobby. All I'm saying is whether its bed racks or bed cover systems, bumpers, witches, etc. I have found that with these trucks you get what you pay for. And I would rather spend a little bit extra to get something 100% American made and durable. The only thing I found close to nuthouse was the Leitner systems. Also 100% American made and pretty cool. But to my eyes not as sturdy as the nuthouse bespoke racks, and requires drilling holes on our trucks. Not much cheaper either. I am using their gear pods. My only "complaint" with nuthouse is be prepared to wait. Here are some pictures of mine in process. I'm anxious to get the rack on my truck.
                          Attached Files
                          17 RAM 3500 CTD HO/Aisin CC SRW- AEV conversion
                          AEV front and rear bumpers
                          AEV wheels
                          AEV differential covers
                          AEV mudflaps
                          Vision X lights
                          Warn 16.5
                          AMP power steps
                          Titan aux fuel tank
                          TruckVault / CargoGlide
                          Nuthouse Industries custom bedrack
                          Carli Backcountry suspension

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by flep.co View Post
                            Here's the fully loaded 1500 RAM Rambox custom rack version, with 10' Lowe 1040 Jon Boat and Tepui Kukenam Sky tent. Cheers!





                            flep.co
                            That rack is amazeballs. Absolutely beautiful design. This is very close to what I've been wanting for my own Ram Box equipped Power Wagon.

                            I've got to save these ideas.
                            2015 Ram Power Wagon Expo/Tow Rig
                            Moab Tested 16/17

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BoldAdventure View Post
                              That rack is amazeballs. Absolutely beautiful design. This is very close to what I've been wanting for my own Ram Box equipped Power Wagon.



                              I've got to save these ideas.


                              Thanks buddy. Here's a bit more inspiration, the rig in action





                              flep.co

                              Comment


                              • Bed Rack for Ram

                                I completely for got I had these. In an email from Frontrunner they claim this setup has a 660lbs weight limit (rack only). I'm not sure what Ram quotes the rails at, but I'll find out.

                                What I like about this is that front runner has SO many accessories available for their racks which also allows one to use this in a modular fashion by adding or subtracting items on an as needed basis.



                                Here are the parts needed for this rack.



                                In the past Frontrunner has been very open to making custom pieces so I assume they can make the legs longer than what's pictured if needed. In my opinion they need to be about 5-7" longer.


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
                                2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
                                1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X