Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frontrunner rack is nice too. Just too bad you can't really crawl into your bed or cover it. Pretty much necessitates the use of a bed slide.

Originally posted by TTEngineer View Post
    It is nice. The price however is substantial. And WAY WAY more than I anticipated.

$2588
    Here's my beef with that Nuthouse rack. It's blatantly obvious they designed that rack for multiple trucks. I get it, I've been a business owner. And while maybe they feel their work is worth that price (again I get it), it isn't worth that price (from a buyers perspective). Really, nothing appealing at all about one size fits all design. It doesn't even follow the contours of the truck. Very basic design at that and lacking any options. Buy I'm sure they'll sell accessories.
    Last edited by BoldAdventure; 05-31-2017, 11:53 AM.
    2015 Ram Power Wagon Expo/Tow Rig
    Moab Tested 16/17

Comment

• This is also made in America, shippable since it breaks down into individual pieces and ridiculously sturdy.
      Attached Files
      Visit us today!http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com

Comment

• Originally posted by BoldAdventure View Post
        Frontrunner rack is nice too. Just too bad you can't really crawl into your bed or cover it. Pretty much necessitates the use of a bed slide.

Here's my beef with that Nuthouse rack. It's blatantly obvious they designed that rack for multiple trucks. I get it, I've been a business owner. And while maybe they feel their work is worth that price (again I get it), it isn't worth that price (from a buyers perspective). Really, nothing appealing at all about one size fits all design. It doesn't even follow the contours of the truck. Very basic design at that and lacking any options. Buy I'm sure they'll sell accessories.
        You obviously have not seen the Nuthouse Rambox rack in person. It is model specific and fits no other truck. The lines follow the rake of the back and sides of the cab perfectly. The low version fits within a 1/2" of the Rambox lid when opened. It breaks down for shipping, bolts into existing bolt locations, has removable rails for multiple uses of the truck bed and works with a coiling bed cover. What more could you ask for other than a cheap price? FYI, the rack starts at $1999.00 without removeable rails.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy View Post
          You obviously have not seen the Nuthouse Rambox rack in person. It is model specific and fits no other truck. The lines follow the rake of the back and sides of the cab perfectly. The low version fits within a 1/2" of the Rambox lid when opened. It breaks down for shipping, bolts into existing bolt locations, has removable rails for multiple uses of the truck bed and works with a coiling bed cover. What more could you ask for other than a cheap price? FYI, the rack starts at $1999.00 without removeable rails.
          Then consider better photos on the website. Becuase it doesn't look like it. And seeing it "in person" isn't a great sell if you're hoping people from all over will buy one. The ones near the cab appear to bend back. Or am I just seeing things. It looked flared out and not matching the cab. Maybe I'm wrong.

I made my assumption based on the product page: https://nuthouseindustries.com/shop/...nutzo-classic/ "All makes and models" down in the ordering section. But I guess maybe I should of read the over view a bit more. When I say that and based on my assumption, I figured this was being modeled to fit different vehicles. From a seller's standpoint, the more you can sell to different makes, the more product you can move, the bigger your audience. Makes total sense. But also means design compromises to fit the various truck bodies and styles. But guess I'm wrong there?

Mounting to existing hardware sounds nice, but will anyone's cover work with it? Like a retrac or rollback? Or just the one you are selling?

Those are my criticisms. Sounds more appropriately priced now that I've heard some of the additional details. The photos here on this site though made me think this was some bar I could have a local shop do for around a grand. And I know a talented welded/fabricator.

Originally posted by Diesel Power Products View Post
          This is also made in America, shippable since it breaks down into individual pieces and ridiculously sturdy.
          Ok that's beautiful. Who makes this? You guys? Planning on selling?
          Last edited by BoldAdventure; 05-31-2017, 04:36 PM.
          2015 Ram Power Wagon Expo/Tow Rig
          Moab Tested 16/17

Comment

• Nemesis Industries made it for us, we will be selling them shortly. We are working out some of the other details. Making them so you can still run some sort of tonneau cover in underneath them as well as a couple different height options.
            Visit us today!http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com

Comment

Then consider better photos on the website. Becuase it doesn't look like it. And seeing it "in person" isn't a great sell if you're hoping people from all over will buy one. The ones near the cab appear to bend back. Not a fan. Or am I just seeing things. It looked flared out and not matching the cab. Maybe I'm wrong.

I made my assumption based on the product page: https://nuthouseindustries.com/shop/...nutzo-classic/ All makes and models down in the ordering section. But I guess maybe I should of read the over view a bit more. When I say that and based on my assumption, I figured this was being modeled to fit different vehicles. From a seller's standpoint, the more you can sell to different makes, the more product you can move, the bigger your audience. Makes total sense. But also means design compromises to fit the various truck bodies and styles.

Mounting to existing hardware sounds nice, but will anyone's cover work with it? Like a retrac or rollback? Or just the one you are selling?

Those are my criticisms. Sounds more appropriately priced now that I've heard some of the additional details. The photos though made me think this was some bar I could have a local shop do for around a grand.

Ok that's beautiful. Who makes this? You guys? Planning on selling?
              Our website is complex. We build custom racks for just about any truck and they are all specifically fit to the truck they are built for. We are not in the business of bolt together, adjustable one size fits all racks.

The front uprights on the Rambox Classic series rack rake forward to match the back of the Ram cab.

There will be more pictures added as we build them. We have one in process now that we will be attempting to use the AEV soft cover with it since the client already has it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Diesel Power Products View Post
                Nemesis Industries made it for us, we will be selling them shortly. We are working out some of the other details. Making them so you can still run some sort of tonneau cover in underneath them as well as a couple different height options.
                Cooper, will you only sell them for the RAM box? Or also for the normal non RAM box 6.5 bed? And will it work with a tonneau on the non RAM box models? I like it and was looking for a rack anyways. But I do not have a RAM box and would oike to keep the Tonneau cover to protect the gear inside the bed.

Thanks.
                2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

Frontrunner rack is nice too. Just too bad you can't really crawl into your bed or cover it. Pretty much necessitates the use of a bed slide.

Any rack you purchase will force you to crawl into your bed unless you have a slide. The difference with the front runner is you can quickly remove it in about 5 min. since it uses those accessories tracks. Like I said before I'm sure frontrunner could make "legs" longer than pictured so you have more usable cubic bed feet.

As far as the nuthouse rack goes, I'm a huge fan of how they have removable cross bars. Removing them appears to be an easy process as well. They have developed a kit that allows for the use of a bed cover, although I would never use that feature, it looks to be a unique feature for a rambox compatible rack. I'm just not a fan of their price.

My main concerns for a rack are ease of installation/removal or cross bars that are removable, and Rambox compatibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
                  2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
                  1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

Working...
                  X