Random thought... supercharged 6.4L snorkeled hemi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random thought... supercharged 6.4L snorkeled hemi

Anyone out there have info or experience... Im wondering if the snorkel would be restrictive to a supercharger on a 6.4L Hemi

No idea, but the cummins is 6.7L at much higher boost. I would think that with the Air Ram it wouldn't be much of an issue, but really don't know for sure. Try it and report back asap

dh
    2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
    2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
    2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
    2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

if the cooling system can keep up when towing this would have totally swayed me from a diesel (high altitude low air density pulls...)
      2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

Comment

Its a non-issue now. I did some research and none of the major manufactures (Magnuson, Whipple, Eddlebrock, etc...) make a supercharger for the 6.4L. That being said... I just traded in the Power Wagon today for a 2016 Ram 2500 Mega Cab with the 6.7L CTD. Needless to say I am excited to start the new build. Ordering AEV lift, rims, snorkel, and bumper tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfNeptune View Post
          Its a non-issue now. I did some research and none of the major manufactures (Magnuson, Whipple, Eddlebrock, etc...) make a supercharger for the 6.4L. That being said... I just traded in the Power Wagon today for a 2016 Ram 2500 Mega Cab with the 6.7L CTD. Needless to say I am excited to start the new build. Ordering AEV lift, rims, snorkel, and bumper tomorrow.
          Hope you share pictures! I'm nearing heading down this path myself!

Comment

Before... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8584.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	184005

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfNeptune View Post
              Before... [ATTACH]18809[/ATTACH]
              What rack is that?
              2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
              2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
              1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

Its a custom rack that I designed and had made...

Comment

Arrington Performance makes some amazing parts for the 6.4. Its tough to spend $10,000. for power adders to go from 330 rear wheel HP to 500. that money will get you the Cummins. I sold my 2011 Cummins and got a 2016 mega AEV 6.4. Installing 5.13 gears and ARB's in a couple weeks. Hope that wont kill my 11 mpg average.

Comment

Ran truck on Dyno With Snorkel and also with air box propped open. no difference. Any loss of air at high RPM would be made up for with ram air effect if traveling forward.

Comment

Working...
                    X