• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn... Thats a BOAT!
    2014 JKUR - AEV 3.5" - 37" KO2
    2015 Ram Power Wagon - 37" KO2

Comment

2016 AEV Prospector Crew Cab/Short Bed 3500 with factory Air Assist, CRD, 4.10s, 37 BFG AT's, ARB's and the rest of the AEV Kit. Tows it no problem.

dh
      2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
      2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
      2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
      2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

Awesome..
        2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

Comment

What are people doing for mudflaps? I Drove down a 20 mile gravel road yesterday and all I heard was gravel being thrown up at my truck! Made me kinda nauseous....
          14 Ram 3500 CCLB, CTD, Auto, AEV lift, Saltas, 37" KO2s, ARB lockers, ARB dual compressor, 2 gallon air tank, Nitro, 4.30 gears, Amsoil everywhere, switch pros 8100

Comment

Originally posted by .com View Post
            What are people doing for mudflaps? I Drove down a 20 mile gravel road yesterday and all I heard was gravel being thrown up at my truck! Made me kinda nauseous....
            I had the plastic mopar ones first, but only on rear, then switched to the rubber HD ones like AEV uses front and rear. I have TONS of knicks from rocks down both sides of the truck... and I've only had it 1 year. I really detest the rhino lined rocker stripe look, but now considerding it, maybe color matched. Problem is these tires kick rocks pretty high up onto the doors even with flaps.

Totally saturated clay road, 20 miles of it, but shows the profile where the rocks are going to hit. Note the rear fender flares - they seriously feel like someone sand blasted with huge grit sand on the leading edge right now from rock impacts.

My front bumper is also covered in nicks, considering rhino line or just paint the thing every few years.

I'm considering going duraflap but am concerned that if they are not quick disconnect I'll get one caught on something while off roading and ripple a fender or something.

http://www.duraflap.com/photo-gallery/

Maybe switching tire types will help you and I better than anything - can someone with true mud tires say those don't toss pebbles as bad as a AT/ toyo RT tire? Or do they just toss larger boulders?
            Last edited by Wapitihunter; 06-11-2016, 04:57 PM.
            2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

Comment

I run MTs because I don't like the way ATs toss gravel.I am running Toyo MTs,they do toss some gravel,but most of the gravel in my area is smaller than the lugs,they fit an AT perfectly.When I had ATs the tires would spit gravel for a hundred yards when getting back on blacktop.
              14 2500 CTD

Comment

Contractor's Truck

Getting ready to do a build for a customer and we are going with the Toyo RT. KM2's are rock chuckers on mine. Will report once he gets some miles his thoughts

NutHouse Industries LLC
                NutHouse Industries LLC
                Tom Isaacs Jr

Comment

Originally posted by NutHouse Industires View Post
                  Getting ready to do a build for a customer and we are going with the Toyo RT. KM2's are rock chuckers on mine. Will report once he gets some miles his thoughts

NutHouse Industries LLC
                  mine are RT. They chuckem...I stopped counting them there are so many....typical western US gravel roads.

Comment

Originally posted by chet6.7 View Post
                    I run MTs because I don't like the way ATs toss gravel.I am running Toyo MTs,they do toss some gravel,but most of the gravel in my area is smaller than the lugs,they fit an AT perfectly.When I had ATs the tires would spit gravel for a hundred yards when getting back on blacktop.
                    cool....might try those next (maybe in 40"? )

Holding out on the duraflaps until I decide on 40" or not...looks like you could make them quick disconnect

Comment

I have duraflaps on my truck front and rear. I drive a lot of gravel. They do help with the rocks, but I mainly have them for the winter. All of the AT/MT/MPT tires are going to throw rocks. Even the XZLs on my Unimog throw rocks. Big rocks.

I have a set of Aluminess sliders with the rail on my truck and they do more to protect the truck than the flaps. I would recommend them over the Power Steps for several reasons. If you are just driving gravel then I would suggest just buying a set of the Aluminess sliders with the rail and have them sprayed with LINE-X or Milspray Tough Coat or something similar.
                      Last edited by RF2200; 06-11-2016, 07:11 PM.
                      Ram Laramie Power Wagon
                      AEV Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
                      Land Rover Discovery SD Series I
                      Land Rover 110
                      Unimog U1200
                      Husqvarna TR650 Terra Touratech

Comment

Originally posted by Wapitihunter View Post
                        mine are RT. They chuckem...I stopped counting them there are so many....typical western US gravel roads.

Good to know on the RT. Thanks. Will pass the info to him.

NutHouse Industries LLC
                        NutHouse Industries LLC
                        Tom Isaacs Jr

Comment

They are not as bad as bfg at's. Those are perfect for tossing the smaller ones. Rt are just large enough to toss some with mass

Comment

Also, I think sliders with plate on top like white knuckle will help a lot...was also going that direction till I heard aev might do rails.

Comment

Originally posted by Wapitihunter View Post
                              Also, I think sliders with plate on top like white knuckle will help a lot...was also going that direction till I heard aev might do rails.
                              My understanding is that AEV is not doing sliders. However, I could be wrong. White Knuckle sliders are frame mounted whereas the Aluminess are mounted to the rocker panel in the stock running board mounting location with some additional reinforcement. You should be able to spec a tread plate from Aluminess as well. Even without the tread plate the Aluminess sliders with the rail stop the majority of the rocks from hitting the body of my truck.

I think that trying to find an AT or MT tire that will not throw rocks is futile and the best course of action is to find the best way to protect your truck from the rocks that will inevitably be thrown. If you drive your truck off of paved roads it will get chips and scratches. The Aluminess sliders are the the best modification, at least for me, to prevent or decrease the risk of damage in the environment that I drive.
                              Last edited by RF2200; 06-12-2016, 07:16 AM.
                              Ram Laramie Power Wagon
                              Land Rover 110
                              Unimog U1200

Comment

I can dismount and reinstall my Duraflaps in 10 minutes or less. The hardest part is getting them plumb the first time you install. They don't use any special hardware. They just reuse the screws that are already in your stock flares. I wouldn't be too concerned with ripping them off. I have backed up in snow pushing them into the tire tread and they didn't rip off. I have hit them on things and they are still there. The flaps themselves are pretty beefy. I doubt much would damage them. It is the mounting that would fail. I wouldn't get the lifted truck ones that Wapitihunter posted. I believe I have the front 14" Wide Extra Long and the rear 14" Wide.
                                Ram Laramie Power Wagon
                                Land Rover 110
                                Unimog U1200

Comment

Working...
                                X