No announcement yet.

Contractor's Truck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw aev comment on a Facebook post a few months ago that they were working on it. What have you heard?
    2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

Comment

Contractor's Truck

Originally posted by RF2200 View Post
      I wouldn't get the lifted truck ones that Wapitihunter posted. I believe I have the front 14" Wide Extra Long and the rear 14" Wide.

Cool someone who has some!

Why not the lifted truck longer ones? Standard length mopar ones still allow a ton of chips - thoughts?

Wait. Never mind. Your assuming we go rock rails or steps. I get it I think.
      2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

Comment

I asked at the Overland Expo and was essentially told not at this time. News was more promising on the rear bumper, bed rack, and other things. I don't think that sliders are a big priority for most AEV prospector buyers. It seems that most AEV customers spec the power steps and aren't necissarily interested in sliders. AEV doesn't make sliders for Jeep and probably won't for Ram, as far as I know.
        Ram Laramie Power Wagon
        AEV Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
        Land Rover Discovery SD Series I
        Land Rover 110
        Unimog U1200
        Husqvarna TR650 Terra Touratech

Comment

You can get the normal flaps any length that you want. The Duraflaps on my truck are longer than the flaps on your truck. The lifted truck ones are not necessarily longer they just have more offset and an "S" channel design that moves the flap back farther from the back of the tire for the type of trucks that have tires that won't fit in the wheel well.
          Last edited by RF2200; 06-12-2016, 08:44 AM.
          Ram Laramie Power Wagon
          Land Rover 110
          Unimog U1200

Comment

So do you think you could adapt your duraflaps to 40" wells or would you have to repurchase?

Comment

Originally posted by Wapitihunter View Post
              So do you think you could adapt your duraflaps to 40" wells or would you have to repurchase?
              Not sure. I don't have 40" tires/flares. The Drill-Less flaps that I have are designed to work specifically with the stock wheel well liners. They are pre-drilled and mount very easily. The rear flaps would probably work but you would not want the 14" width flaps. With the 40s you would want a 16" flap. You could buy these http://www.duraflap.com/product/rear...ling-required/ and cut them to the right size. If you just call Duraflap and tell them that you want a couple big flaps that you can cut to fit they would be happy to ablige.
              Last edited by RF2200; 06-12-2016, 01:11 PM.
              Ram Laramie Power Wagon
              Land Rover 110
              Unimog U1200

Comment

So I added these mudguards to my truck over the weekend.
                I sourced them through RokBlokz.com.
                Quality is great, not too stiff and not to flimsy, similar to the duraflap, but without the grooves and a little more flexible. They are cut specifically for the ram, they have wide versions, for trucks running bigger tires and standard versions. I have the wide version on my truck. They are not completely flush with the back of the fender liner so if you drive through wet mud and rain the run off from the fender liners will mostly "leak" behind the mudflap. I'm thinking of adding a black silicone bead along the top of the mudflap and liner to keep this from happening. But then again, it isn't really that big of a deal. Main goal here is to keep gravel from chipping my paint. I'm confident that they will do that....
                A few pictures
                Attached Files
                14 Ram 3500 CCLB, CTD, Auto, AEV lift, Saltas, 37" KO2s, ARB lockers, ARB dual compressor, 2 gallon air tank, Nitro, 4.30 gears, Amsoil everywhere, switch pros 8100

Comment

Update

Truck has been great. Re-geared to 4.30s which in my opinion is perfect. I also added front and rear ARB lockers. I'm still figuring out where to mount the dual compressors and am playing with the idea of just mounting the tiny are compressor just for the lockers, and switching to the powertank to air up tires.
                  Also need to add the switch pro module and install the low 2wd harness from BD.
                  It's all sitting on my workbench in my garage, but i've been too damn busy to install any of it...
                  I went on a trail the other day and flexed my suspension out. I should have taken pictures, I was trying to get the truck stuck, but surprisingly i wasn't able too. I was trying to set a "baseline" for what the truck could handle without lockers. So even with open diffs (compressor not installed yet) the truck did quite well.
                  A day or so after that little excursion I noticed the the left front spring wasn't seated in the rubber cradle properly. It was dislodged and rubbing against the frame. I jacked the truck up by the frame and was able to re-seat the spring into the cradle, but too my surprise when the truck was jacked up all the way i could literally have pulled the spring out. Is this normal? Is that why AEV came out with limiting straps? I know its for trucks with snowplows, but would this be a solution for limiting flex on the truck? It just seems strange to me that the the spring is literally just held in place by the weight of truck...
                  14 Ram 3500 CCLB, CTD, Auto, AEV lift, Saltas, 37" KO2s, ARB lockers, ARB dual compressor, 2 gallon air tank, Nitro, 4.30 gears, Amsoil everywhere, switch pros 8100

Comment

Something similar happened to me on my rear springs (but could have happened on install when I let the truck down initially. ) it's even in the instructions to be careful. Don't the front springs have a particular orientation? Also curious on the limiting straps.

I want to go 4.30's and 40". You said nitro gears? How do they handle the new pinion gear size? Step down or utilize new bigger bearing?

Comment

Yes, Nitro Gears. They used a bigger bearing. Everything needed came in their kit. I have zero complaints about their kit, no noise, gear whine, nothing....

Comment

Cool. Don't think pro cal has setting for 4.30, what did you set it for ?

Comment

I asked the dealer if they could calibrate it when I brought it in to take care of a couple of recalls. They said they would look into it, I forgot to ask when I picked up the truck and only thought about it when I got on the highway. I pulled my phone out to verify speed and it was dead on. Later that week I used a standalone gps and compared speedo and gps speed, and it was perfect. Guess I got lucky, didn't pay a thing for the recalls, speedo calibration, and they gave me a rental to boot...

Comment

Won't impact your speed (sensors are on abs system I think). Would impact your shift points maybe (otherwise why bother resetting it I guess).

Comment

So does anybody have any insight on limiting straps and springs popping out if flexed too much? Does this also happen to stock trucks? How about the power wagon?

Comment

ARB leaks

I'm having isssues with diff fluid leaking out of the air solenoid of my rear locker. I know that there is a lot of heat and pressure build up back there. I called ARB and they said it could be the seal, or that the air line is actually being used as a vent tube as it's the path of least resistance. . Thing is I use my locker on average once a week and it works perfect. Doesn't leak air when under pressure and locker is engaged. Vent tube is clear but it's located on the axle tube, not the pumpkin. I'm thinking about adding a breather to the pumpkin in order to aleaviate the pressure build up inside the pumpkin. But before doing that, I wanted to see if anybody here has had any isssues with leakage or if there is a different fix.

Comment

Working...
                                X