Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any news on the 2014+ skid plate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by RF2200 View Post
    Here is your intercooler skid/protection.
    http://www.asfir.com/dodge-ram/549075
    Well, that's a hellofadrive to Israel for a skid plate!!!

    I need to review my available mounting points as the AEV bumper may prevent this from bolting up.

    However, I thank you for the link and the info! The undercarriage protection has me very interested!

    Comment


    • #17
      I actually checked their parts and emailed back and forth with one of their sales people. The skid plates are not cheap, but they seem very well made.

      I am not sure if the cross members on the frame are any different from the Auto to the manual and they could not tell me either. I would assume that they should be the same, so this package could also work for the G56. (so I hope)

      Really considering these skids.

      Not sure if the Intercooler skid from them will work with the steering box brace that I am planning to install. I also agree that it might not work with the AEV bumper.

      Hoping the matching AEV intercooler skid will be out soon, so I just have to worry about the under carriage protection.
      2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

      Comment


      • #18
        AEV Dave

        any news on this?
        2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
        2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
        1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

        Comment


        • #19
          Once again, any news on this? Is there a design issue that is preventing one being made? AEV Dave and AEV Chris
          2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
          2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
          1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

          Comment


          • #20
            Has anyone found a solution to protecting the intercooler on a 2013+?
            2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
            2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
            1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

            Comment


            • #21
              I'll have an ASFIR skid installed before hunting season. Going to have to modify the bracket that holds the 'compatability hardware' and cut the Prius catching brackets off...this will allow the part of the compatability bracket to remain, give clearance for the new skid, and maintain the right spacing to hold the bumper in place. Might also have to enlarge the bolt holes on the ASFIR side brackets from the looks of things. Only thing stopping me is time and access to a grinder to make the cuts...

              This will somewhat protect it from strikes from below, but not from bird/rock/sticks in front. THinking of ordering the remainder of the ASFIR skid and seeing if I can modify it somehow to attach to the AEV bumper. That would do it from a protection standpoint, but will interrupt cooling air flow.
              2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo M/T -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

              Comment


              • #22
                Spoke with an AEV guy today about any possible solution for the 2013+ trucks. I was told that with the coming next gen Ram AEV will not seek to build a skid plate for 2013+.

                Looks like the majority of us will will need to either buy a different bumper or try and build a skid custom. Anyone know any shops willing to take on that project and making a run for us at a discount over a one off custom job?
                2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
                2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
                1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

                Comment


                • #23
                  Bump.

                  Any updates here? Thnx

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I've had a lot of AEV products over the years for my JKU and now am waiting for the RAM HD bumper to be drop shipped once that gets back in stock. Quite disappointing to learn no skid plate for my 2015. Just installed the RAI which looks nice and works well. Starting to get a little turned off AEV, unfortunately.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by kb7our View Post
                      I've had a lot of AEV products over the years for my JKU and now am waiting for the RAM HD bumper to be drop shipped once that gets back in stock. Quite disappointing to learn no skid plate for my 2015. Just installed the RAI which looks nice and works well. Starting to get a little turned off AEV, unfortunately.
                      I love the fit and finish of AEV products, but their customer service has gone down hill and they have not released products they teased us with or keep them in stock. I feel they have gotten to big. AEV please listen to your loyal customers!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Explorerinil View Post

                        I love the fit and finish of AEV products, but their customer service has gone down hill and they have not released products they teased us with or keep them in stock. I feel they have gotten to big. AEV please listen to your loyal customers!
                        I think it has to do a lot with the Colorado program with GM. Yes, it was great for AEV but they had to ignore a lot of their other products.
                        "Dont wish for it,work for it."
                        2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-AEV dual sport 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets- Tire carrier with fuel caddy-AEV/Rhino rack roof rack-buffalo key chain

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by forsakenfuture View Post

                          I think it has to do a lot with the Colorado program with GM. Yes, it was great for AEV but they had to ignore a lot of their other products.
                          Yeah that makes total sense. They should keep up with their entire product line, not just shift focus, sure the bison is a good option, bit you don’t see them or parts like you do stuff for the ram trucks.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            That and the fact the 19 rams are different. We won’t see anything else for the 4th gen. I’ve said it a lot, AEV is growing too fast, started out as a diehard Jeep brand, now it’s pep boys making shit for everyone. I still think their stuff is the best but they’ve got some major issues to deal with.

                            I was just looking at my JKUR the other day, the only rust on it is my AEV stuff. Bumpers/suspension
                            ____________________________________________
                            Jim Walker
                            2012 Sahara Tan JKUR
                            http://forum.aev-conversions.com/showthread.php?t=3620

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by walker111 View Post
                              That and the fact the 19 rams are different. We won’t see anything else for the 4th gen. I’ve said it a lot, AEV is growing too fast, started out as a diehard Jeep brand, now it’s pep boys making shit for everyone. I still think their stuff is the best but they’ve got some major issues to deal with.

                              I was just looking at my JKUR the other day, the only rust on it is my AEV stuff. Bumpers/suspension
                              Really it’s rusting that bad? I bought and AEV bumper for my ram when they first released it, still looks brand new after 4 years and allot of gravel roads and salt in the winter. I’m impressed with their products just not customer service.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Explorerinil View Post

                                Really it’s rusting that bad? I bought and AEV bumper for my ram when they first released it, still looks brand new after 4 years and allot of gravel roads and salt in the winter. I’m impressed with their products just not customer service.
                                I have a Mil-Spec Jeep bumper, so it’s one of their earlier bumpers. They had/have lost of rust issues with the Jeep bumpers. They put out a half ass fix but it was exactly that. Suspension brackets, springs.... coating is flaking off. Other than taking forever to release a product and this new issue, my only complaint has ever been their costing system.
                                ____________________________________________
                                Jim Walker
                                2012 Sahara Tan JKUR
                                http://forum.aev-conversions.com/showthread.php?t=3620

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X