Any news on the 2014+ skid plate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RF2200 View Post
    Here is your intercooler skid/protection.
    http://www.asfir.com/dodge-ram/549075
    Well, that's a hellofadrive to Israel for a skid plate!!!

I need to review my available mounting points as the AEV bumper may prevent this from bolting up.

However, I thank you for the link and the info! The undercarriage protection has me very interested!

Comment

I actually checked their parts and emailed back and forth with one of their sales people. The skid plates are not cheap, but they seem very well made.

I am not sure if the cross members on the frame are any different from the Auto to the manual and they could not tell me either. I would assume that they should be the same, so this package could also work for the G56. (so I hope)

Really considering these skids.

Not sure if the Intercooler skid from them will work with the steering box brace that I am planning to install. I also agree that it might not work with the AEV bumper.

Hoping the matching AEV intercooler skid will be out soon, so I just have to worry about the under carriage protection.
      2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

AEV Dave

any news on this?
        2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
        2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
        1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

Once again, any news on this? Is there a design issue that is preventing one being made? AEV Dave and AEV Chris

Comment

Has anyone found a solution to protecting the intercooler on a 2013+?

Comment

I'll have an ASFIR skid installed before hunting season. Going to have to modify the bracket that holds the 'compatability hardware' and cut the Prius catching brackets off...this will allow the part of the compatability bracket to remain, give clearance for the new skid, and maintain the right spacing to hold the bumper in place. Might also have to enlarge the bolt holes on the ASFIR side brackets from the looks of things. Only thing stopping me is time and access to a grinder to make the cuts...

This will somewhat protect it from strikes from below, but not from bird/rock/sticks in front. THinking of ordering the remainder of the ASFIR skid and seeing if I can modify it somehow to attach to the AEV bumper. That would do it from a protection standpoint, but will interrupt cooling air flow.
              2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo M/T -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

Comment

Spoke with an AEV guy today about any possible solution for the 2013+ trucks. I was told that with the coming next gen Ram AEV will not seek to build a skid plate for 2013+.

Looks like the majority of us will will need to either buy a different bumper or try and build a skid custom. Anyone know any shops willing to take on that project and making a run for us at a discount over a one off custom job?

Comment

Bump.

Any updates here? Thnx

Comment

Working...
                  X