Any news on the 2014+ skid plate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• socaladam
    started a topic Any news on the 2014+ skid plate?

Any news on the 2014+ skid plate?

I know the 2010-2013 is out, what's the word on the 2014+ version?

My intercooler is unprotected at this time.

• DieselBurps
    replied
    I wonder if the Thuren bumper (although no winch) would protect the intercooler better? It sure looks like it.

Leave a comment:

• 04Ram2500Hemi
    replied
    Originally posted by Explorerinil View Post

Really it’s rusting that bad? I bought and AEV bumper for my ram when they first released it, still looks brand new after 4 years and allot of gravel roads and salt in the winter. I’m impressed with their products just not customer service.
    I live in Missoula, and the local guys have been great to me. I was more than bummed when I learned my 2012 Power Wagon wouldn’t be able to get an AEV lift because I wanted to support a local company. That said, I love the Raised Air Intake and the Salta HD Wheels. Maybe it’s harder to get help on the phone, but anytime I’ve walked through the front door they have been very helpful.

Leave a comment:

• walker111
    replied

Really it’s rusting that bad? I bought and AEV bumper for my ram when they first released it, still looks brand new after 4 years and allot of gravel roads and salt in the winter. I’m impressed with their products just not customer service.
    I have a Mil-Spec Jeep bumper, so it’s one of their earlier bumpers. They had/have lost of rust issues with the Jeep bumpers. They put out a half ass fix but it was exactly that. Suspension brackets, springs.... coating is flaking off. Other than taking forever to release a product and this new issue, my only complaint has ever been their costing system.

Leave a comment:

• Explorerinil
    replied
    Originally posted by walker111 View Post
    That and the fact the 19 rams are different. We won’t see anything else for the 4th gen. I’ve said it a lot, AEV is growing too fast, started out as a diehard Jeep brand, now it’s pep boys making shit for everyone. I still think their stuff is the best but they’ve got some major issues to deal with.

I was just looking at my JKUR the other day, the only rust on it is my AEV stuff. Bumpers/suspension

Leave a comment:

• walker111
    replied
    That and the fact the 19 rams are different. We won’t see anything else for the 4th gen. I’ve said it a lot, AEV is growing too fast, started out as a diehard Jeep brand, now it’s pep boys making shit for everyone. I still think their stuff is the best but they’ve got some major issues to deal with.

I was just looking at my JKUR the other day, the only rust on it is my AEV stuff. Bumpers/suspension

Leave a comment:

• Explorerinil
    replied
    Originally posted by forsakenfuture View Post

I think it has to do a lot with the Colorado program with GM. Yes, it was great for AEV but they had to ignore a lot of their other products.
    Yeah that makes total sense. They should keep up with their entire product line, not just shift focus, sure the bison is a good option, bit you don’t see them or parts like you do stuff for the ram trucks.

Leave a comment:

• forsakenfuture
    replied

I love the fit and finish of AEV products, but their customer service has gone down hill and they have not released products they teased us with or keep them in stock. I feel they have gotten to big. AEV please listen to your loyal customers!
    I think it has to do a lot with the Colorado program with GM. Yes, it was great for AEV but they had to ignore a lot of their other products.

Leave a comment:

• Explorerinil
    replied
    Originally posted by kb7our View Post
    I've had a lot of AEV products over the years for my JKU and now am waiting for the RAM HD bumper to be drop shipped once that gets back in stock. Quite disappointing to learn no skid plate for my 2015. Just installed the RAI which looks nice and works well. Starting to get a little turned off AEV, unfortunately.
    I love the fit and finish of AEV products, but their customer service has gone down hill and they have not released products they teased us with or keep them in stock. I feel they have gotten to big. AEV please listen to your loyal customers!

Leave a comment:

• kb7our
    replied
    I've had a lot of AEV products over the years for my JKU and now am waiting for the RAM HD bumper to be drop shipped once that gets back in stock. Quite disappointing to learn no skid plate for my 2015. Just installed the RAI which looks nice and works well. Starting to get a little turned off AEV, unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• johndestef
    replied
    Bump.

Any updates here? Thnx

Leave a comment:

• TTEngineer
    replied
    Spoke with an AEV guy today about any possible solution for the 2013+ trucks. I was told that with the coming next gen Ram AEV will not seek to build a skid plate for 2013+.

Looks like the majority of us will will need to either buy a different bumper or try and build a skid custom. Anyone know any shops willing to take on that project and making a run for us at a discount over a one off custom job?

Leave a comment:

• Wapitihunter
    replied
    I'll have an ASFIR skid installed before hunting season. Going to have to modify the bracket that holds the 'compatability hardware' and cut the Prius catching brackets off...this will allow the part of the compatability bracket to remain, give clearance for the new skid, and maintain the right spacing to hold the bumper in place. Might also have to enlarge the bolt holes on the ASFIR side brackets from the looks of things. Only thing stopping me is time and access to a grinder to make the cuts...

This will somewhat protect it from strikes from below, but not from bird/rock/sticks in front. THinking of ordering the remainder of the ASFIR skid and seeing if I can modify it somehow to attach to the AEV bumper. That would do it from a protection standpoint, but will interrupt cooling air flow.

Leave a comment:

• TTEngineer
    replied
    Has anyone found a solution to protecting the intercooler on a 2013+?

Leave a comment:

• TTEngineer
    replied
    Once again, any news on this? Is there a design issue that is preventing one being made? AEV Dave and AEV Chris

Leave a comment:

Working...
X