No announcement yet.

What size KO2's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six hour roundtrip with trailer and returned with 1200 lbs in bed. (Sled wouldn't fit in trailer/height-wise) Ran great. Checked speed with GPS app on cell phone. 2 mph off at 65. 1 mph off at 40. I wonder how far off the stockers were ? I'll have to check this winter when they go back on for plowing.
    2016 Ram 2500 6.4L Crew-Longhorn
    2005 TJ Brute Project-ongoing....
    2005 AEV Wrangler LJ Rubi
    2012 Ram 1500 5.7 Crew Longhorn- Sold
    2008 Jeep JK 4 Door - Sold
    2006 Avalanche 2500-Sold
    2002 Tahoe Z-71-Totalled
    1998 Ram 2500-sold
    1993 YJ w/LT-1-Sold
    1989 Cherokee-sold
    1987 Cherokee-sold
    1976 Ford Gran Torino-sold
    1962 Jeep FC-150 - sold

Comment

So 37s are as tall as you can go on a non XL prospector without rubbing?
      2014 Granite JKUR w/expo stuff

Comment

Originally posted by klausvanwinkle View Post
        So 37s are as tall as you can go on a non XL prospector without rubbing?
        That is correct. The biggest tire you can stuff under there with our 3" DualSport Suspension system and without issues is a 37x12.50. If you go taller or wider you will definitely have rubbing issues.
        Chris Holt
        Marketing Associate, AEV
        248-926-0256 x272
        cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

Plus, the XL package looks the business. But I think I'd definitely have rubbing issues if I tried to drive or park a Ram 2500 in west LA. I was thinking about the future but I'll probably have to stick with my aev wrangler for now.
          2014 Granite JKUR w/expo stuff

Comment

to the OP, your truck looks PERFECT. I love the way the wheels/tires look at stock ride height.

I guess this begs the question - what does the dual sport suspension accomplish? Is it just to be able to fit 37s? Or is there expected ride improvement? I know a hallmark of the suspension is to keep factory springs, geometry, etc. I am asking because I have a Carli suspension system on my otherwise AEV converted truck. The slippery slope to 37s, regearing, towing/load rating concerns, etc. is starting to look undesirable vs. just remaining stock suspension or even the AEV (very reasonably priced) dual suspension.
            17 RAM 3500 CTD HO/Aisin CC SRW- AEV conversion
            AEV front and rear bumpers
            AEV wheels
            AEV differential covers
            AEV mudflaps
            Vision X lights
            Warn 16.5
            AMP power steps
            Titan aux fuel tank
            TruckVault / CargoGlide
            Nuthouse Industries custom bedrack
            Carli Backcountry suspension

Comment

Originally posted by jbtx1125 View Post
              to the OP, your truck looks PERFECT. I love the way the wheels/tires look at stock ride height.

I guess this begs the question - what does the dual sport suspension accomplish? Is it just to be able to fit 37s? Or is there expected ride improvement? I know a hallmark of the suspension is to keep factory springs, geometry, etc. I am asking because I have a Carli suspension system on my otherwise AEV converted truck. The slippery slope to 37s, regearing, towing/load rating concerns, etc. is starting to look undesirable vs. just remaining stock suspension or even the AEV (very reasonably priced) dual suspension.
              With the AEV suspension the truck is basically going to ride exactly the same as stock. Possibly a smidgen better from the shocks, but doubtful. Any ride improvement would be from the larger tires with less air pressure.

You should be able to clear 37's with your carli suspension. How much taller is it?
              2016 RAM Power Wagon Laramie

Comment

Originally posted by olyelr View Post
                With the AEV suspension the truck is basically going to ride exactly the same as stock. Possibly a smidgen better from the shocks, but doubtful. Any ride improvement would be from the larger tires with less air pressure.

You should be able to clear 37's with your carli suspension. How much taller is it?
                3" front, 1" rear
                17 RAM 3500 CTD HO/Aisin CC SRW- AEV conversion
                AEV front and rear bumpers
                AEV wheels
                AEV differential covers
                AEV mudflaps
                Vision X lights
                Warn 16.5
                AMP power steps
                Titan aux fuel tank
                TruckVault / CargoGlide
                Nuthouse Industries custom bedrack
                Carli Backcountry suspension

Comment

Follow-up...

Just curious now that you have had some time and miles on the tires.... How are you liking that tire size?

Any others running AEV wheels on a stock truck. I got a 2016 PW and looking at new tires. Why not upgrade my rims while I'm at it.

TWEAK

Originally posted by Evanyj350 View Post
                  After: Silver Saltas with BFG AT KO2 35 x 12.5-17 running at 55 psi

Comment

where did you get the mud flaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                      where did you get the mud flaps?
                      We sell AEV Splash Guards to work with both the OE fender flares or to work with our Prospector XL Highmark Fender Flares (rear only). They are made to comply with state and local regulations regarding tire coverage. They fit 2010+ Ram 2500/3500. https://secure.aev-conversions.com/s...-splash-guards

Chris Holt
                      Marketing Associate, AEV
                      248-926-0256 x272
                      cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

Working...
                      X