Front End rake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TTEngineer View Post
    Ok so you do not have blocks then. In order for your truck to sit level when not loaded you'll need to lift the front about half to 1 inch.

But if your concern is the tailgate being to high and you want the rear lowered the only thing I know to do would remove the AEV rear lift and install smaller spacers. Doing this would exacerbate the squating when towing though. But as previously mentioned can be remedied with bags or Timbrens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you. Will raising the front end 1" interfere with the AEV lift, shocks, etc? The rake seems to be increasing, could the suspension lift be sagging?

Comment

Originally posted by GoDucks1977 View Post
      I'm experiencing some sagging on my 2016 Ram Prospector. What are my options for raising the front end 1.5 - 2.0"? Looking at spacers. However, I'm reluctant because i don't wish to mess with the "system" AEV has engineered.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

MR
      What did AEV recommend GoDucks1977? My Prospector is a 2016 2500 MegaCab.

Comment

Front End rake

Originally posted by UT-Prospector View Post
        Thank you. Will raising the front end 1" interfere with the AEV lift, shocks, etc? The rake seems to be increasing, could the suspension lift be sagging?

Personally, I don't think anything under an inch would have negative effects. AEV might disagree.

I'd do a 1" lift spring before a spacer though if lifting the front. If lowering the rear I'd remove the AEV spacers and go with smaller ones.

I plan on doing the AEV lift but swapping out the OEM springs with a half inch Thuren lift spring and Carli leaf springs in the rear. I will have to have custom shocks, but for me it's the best scenario.

2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
        2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
        1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

It might be difficult to remove the rear lift spacer on a 2500, as i believe they utilize part of it for the new trackbar mount.

Actually, i take that back. That might be the front spacer.
          Last edited by olyelr; 11-22-2016, 01:34 PM.
          2016 RAM Power Wagon Laramie

Comment

Thank you. The rake seems to be increasing, could the suspension lift be sagging?
            Could your "suspension lift" be sagging? No. Could your suspension be sagging, well i suppose.

With the aev lift, the stock suspension is essentially still used. Actual lift comes from a 3" spacer in the front and a 2" in the back. So the actual "lift" components could not sag, although the factory springs could, I guess.
            Last edited by olyelr; 11-22-2016, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ToddKaz

I asked AEV directly if a ... taller coil could be used on top of the AEV components in the front for a tad more lift. For me this would allow the use of the rear block for an over all (slightly) taller set up. I was told they would get back to me the same day, which they did not.....I can only imagine a suspension engineer would be ill advised to give his blessing or advise on changing the geometry of a lift kit sold directly to the public. It was worth a try though.

I'd be curious to what they say.

I am of the opinion that anything under an inch will not have any adverse effects.

Comment

I have 2 calls into AEV Kent. Left to VM. I'm gathering the Holiday has come into play. I'm awaiting feedback from them prior to doing anything. I don't want to remove rear spacers on my rig. I like the ride height of the rear. Want to just adjust the front to sit level while NOT towing.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

-MR

Comment

Well I haven't heard a thing...I've PM'd and nothing. You'd think AEV would be a bit more responsive to folks who purchase their $80,000+ trucks.

Comment

Well I haven't heard a thing...I've PM'd and nothing. You'd think AEV would be a bit more responsive to folks who purchase their $80,000+ trucks.

Well normally I'd agree, but everyone runs slower this time of year.

Comment

Front End rake

Holidays. I'd give them a break and a chance. Calling is better than pm for me. Extremely responsive for me.

Doesn't matter to you folks for your situation but for the record I'm glad there is one company making lifts for people who use trucks for trucks (i.e. Air bags not required to haul a load...). Doubt their priority would ever be to do what the market already supplies - leveled trucks that can't haul without a nose up situation.

Your suspension looks off from that angle OP. Do you have one pic on flat ground? Most people who look at my truck think it's leveled. Could your alignment be off ? The new trucks have more adjustment than the old ones on caster I think.
                      Last edited by Wapitihunter; 12-01-2016, 06:41 PM.
                      2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

Comment

Hey everyone, I am here to help and back in the office. Please call me at any time or send me an email with questions. kent@aev-conversions.com.

Thank you,

Kent

Comment

Hey goducks1977, if you have heard anything or resolved your rake issue could you update this thread? Just curious how things went/are going.

Comment

black 2500 XL pix for rake discussion

http://hcp4x4.com/i-23040595-2016-ra...pector-xl.html

Comment

Front End rake

Rake on a XL is not very noticeable in person. Some of those pics vary wildly depending on perspective

Edit: bet the rake on a gasser will be more than a diesel - my bumper with winch was something like 400lbs. What we really need is a 300lb rear bumper with 100lbs spare tire/hilift/and pullpal then it would be perfect!
                              Last edited by Wapitihunter; 12-11-2016, 12:00 PM.
                              2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

Comment

Update

All,

Kent did get back to me as he had been out of the office for the holidays etc. I was asked to take my rig to a local shop here in Illinois. The shop did some specific measurements and found that my rig was within specs.

"The measurements gathered today from your truck indicate the springs have not yielded or failed in any way and the suspension is setup exactly how it was designed. "

"With your concern about the

Comment

Working...
                                X