Front End rake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front End rake

I'm experiencing some sagging on my 2016 Ram Prospector. What are my options for raising the front end 1.5 - 2.0"? Looking at spacers. However, I'm reluctant because i don't wish to mess with the "system" AEV has engineered.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

MR
    Attached Files

Thank you for posting your question. Please call me at my desk line 406-251-2100 ext 103 and we can discuss this in further detail. I would like to get some more information about the truck to make a recommendation.

Thanks,

Kent

Comment

Front End rake

Originally posted by GoDucks1977 View Post
      I'm experiencing some sagging on my 2016 Ram Prospector. What are my options for raising the front end 1.5 - 2.0"? Looking at spacers. However, I'm reluctant because i don't wish to mess with the "system" AEV has engineered.

MR

Thuren makes replacement coils varying in lift height from 1/2" to 3" but you'd need new shocks since they are 26% softer.
      Last edited by TTEngineer; 11-17-2016, 08:36 PM.
      2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
      2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
      1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by GoDucks1977 View Post

MR
        I would like to know the recommended fix. I have a 2016 Prospector and the rake is too much. It makes the bed difficult to access. I asked the AEV crew about the situation at Overland Expo West, and was told it was due to the 2500's OEM set up. There has to be a better option or I will have to change-out the lift. The truck needs to set level.

Comment

You could use smaller blocks in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TTEngineer View Post

Thank you TTEngineer. Will that affect the beam height of the headlights? Can the headlight beams be adjusted?

Comment

Front End rake

Originally posted by UT-Prospector View Post
              Thank you TTEngineer. Will that affect the beam height of the headlights? Can the headlight beams be adjusted?

They can be adjusted if needed but I have no idea how to do it. I know at Cummins forum there are guys that know how to do it.

Having said that, I don't think it would be necessary if lowering the rear half to one inch.

Comment

They can be adjusted if needed but I have no idea how to do it. I know at Cummins forum there are guys that know how to do it.

Having said that, I don't think it would be necessary if lowering the rear half to one inch.
                Sorry I didn't communicate the entire scenario. AEV crew thought under tongue weight (while towing) the 2500 would squat and raise the headlight beam.

Comment

Sorry I didn't communicate the entire scenario. AEV crew thought under tongue weight (while towing) the 2500 would squat and raise the headlight beam.

Ok so if your concern is the rear squatting while towing you have a few options.

1.) Install airbags

2.) install a set of Timbrens

Timbrens are WAY cheaper and can be installed or uninstalled in a few minutes with hand tools. Depending on how much weight is in the back would be the deciding factor though. If you are constantly at or around the limit I'd get airbags.

Comment

Ok so if your concern is the rear squatting while towing you have a few options.

1.) Install airbags

2.) install a set of Timbrens

Timbrens are WAY cheaper and can be installed or uninstalled in a few minutes with hand tools. Depending on how much weight is in the back would be the deciding factor though. If you are constantly at or around the limit I'd get airbags.

Thank you. I ran bags on my older 2500 and I have them installed on my Sprinter ADV Van.

I will look at the block. In order to level the truck I may need to remove it versus replace with a 1".

Comment

Originally posted by ToddKaz
                      Note: AEV stated to me that when I did not install the rear block I was causing the rear shocks (installed new ones that AEV sent in kit) to be a different ride height than intended/engineered..... which makes perfect sense. Just FYI
                      ToddKaz have you experienced any issues operating the truck without the rear block?

Comment

I don't see 'blocks' on the springs. Unless AEV replaces the top mount of the spring. My 2016 Prospector/Mega Cab has a 3" suspension lift? Sorry for the newbie questions.

Comment

I don't see 'blocks' on the springs. Unless AEV replaces the top mount of the spring. My 2016 Prospector/Mega Cab has a 3" suspension lift? Sorry for the newbie questions.

Do you have a 2500 or a 3500?

Comment

Originally posted by ttengineer View Post
                            do you have a 2500 or a 3500?

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

Comment

Front End rake

Ok so you do not have blocks then. In order for your truck to sit level when not loaded you'll need to lift the front about half to 1 inch.

But if your concern is the tailgate being to high and you want the rear lowered the only thing I know to do would remove the AEV rear lift and install smaller spacers. Doing this would exacerbate the squating when towing though. But as previously mentioned can be remedied with bags or Timbrens.

Last edited by TTEngineer; 11-22-2016, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X