• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Engele View Post

Attached a Pic. I Love it.
    Regards

NICE!

You have a leveling kit, or is that all stock?
    2016 RAM Power Wagon Laramie

Comment

Originally posted by olyelr View Post
      I have quite a bit of patience.

But what boggles the hell out of me is if I buy your suspension kit then the procal is, and has been, ready for me as a consumer, but if I dont buy the suspension...
      Ive through the same thing for some time now too.. being a loyal AEV fan I'm sure there is smoothing there that we are just not looped in on, however, i can't imagine its a product functionality issue since it works well on all of the prospectors (and my person truck, since I got lucky and got one off the "black market")

My only guess is that it has something to do with the new RAM 1500 package, and possible the new jeep lineup and trying to make sure one product can work for all of these before doing a major launch (makes since from the business side, but not from the consumer side). Ive also heard a "rumor" that the new jeep pickup with share some parts from the RAM 1500... now AEV gets behind the 1500 platform... could just be a coincidence, but I'm thinking there might be some truth to all of that.

Either way, my pro cal works perfectly, and thanks to Autel updating their software, my TPMS is now set at a 28psi threshold and it took about 2 minutes to get it to take.

Now if only they would get on that RAM rear bumper
      2014 JKUR - AEV 3.5" - 37" KO2
      2015 Ram Power Wagon - 37" KO2

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        Will the new procal be able to adjust for 5.13 gears? How about in motion unlock for navigation and distance to empty for large fuel tanks.

Look up custom tronix for nav reprogramming.

They offer many options above and beyond in motion navigation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
        2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
        1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by ToddKaz
          Not sure this picture has anything to do with the ProCal module....Just wanted to post a rear shot.
          Good looking rigs!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ToddKaz
            Not sure this picture has anything to do with the ProCal module....Just wanted to post a rear shot.

Nice rear winch bumper!
            2016 RAM Power Wagon Laramie

Comment

Hmm. My comment calling you out seems to be missing. Wonder why. Guess it's because I don't play fan boy enough? I don't buy the "must make sure it's perfect" argument. You've had them on the market for over a year. Again, I like what you do with it, I'm just not fond of this whole line of BS we've been handed here. Go ahead. Delete this comment too. Remember tho, I did start this thread originally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Chris View Post
                We aim to have them ready as stand-alone products for the Rams by the end of the month.

"Patiently waiting" for a product that is already manufactured and sold as part of a kit to be sold as a stand alone...
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by socaladam View Post
                  "Patiently waiting" for a product that is already manufactured and sold as part of a kit to be sold as a stand alone...
                  With the 1500 products coming and the Recruit just beginning production shortly, the holdup is dialing in the Procal for the light duty trucks and using the same one as we use for the heavy duty trucks. It doesn't make sense for us to completely redevelop an HD Procal as a complete and separate stand-alone product for a 1500 truck. We want 1 Procal that will work with all size Ram trucks. We will update when the product is ready. We know the demand is there but we are not willing to rush it to market. We take our time to make it up to AEV standards.
                  Last edited by AEV Chris; 05-08-2017, 10:54 AM.
                  Chris Holt
                  Marketing Associate, AEV
                  248-926-0256 x272
                  cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

With the new JL planning to start production November 13 I am hoping that AEV is on top of a pro cal for the JL/JT. The new JL is supposed to have standard Engine Start-Stop (ESS) that defaults to on at every ignition cycle on the V6 and Diesel. It is not clear whether the manual transmission Jeeps will have ESS. I would appreciate the ability to turn this off and have it stay off at my discretion.

I don't think most people realize that vehicle manufacturers claim that the owner (end user) doesn't actually own the software that makes your vehicle run. It works like this using GM as an example -

Cars work because software tells all the parts how to operate
                    The software that tells all the parts to operate is customized code
                    That code is subject to copyright
                    GM owns the copyright on that code and that software
                    A modern car cannot run without that software; it is integral to all systems
                    Therefore, the purchase or use of that car is a licensing agreement
                    And since it is subject to a licensing agreement, GM is the owner and can allow/disallow certain uses or access.

Manufacturers claim that AEV and other tuners need copyright exemption to modify the code. Manufacturers, like GM, say that it is a safety issue: if people who aren’t authorized mess with any one piece of software, they could make the entire ecosystem of connected code unsafe.

Additionally, the license to use On-Star and other similar types of systems only resides with the original purchaser of the vehicle. Meaning that if you bought a GM vehicle second-hand you don't have license to use On-Star.

I would say that reproducing and altering the computer programs on ECUs [electronic control units] for purposes of facilitating diagnosis, repair and modification of vehicles may constitute a noninfringing activity as a matter of fair use and/or under the exception set forth in section 117 of the Copyright Act, which permits the owner of a copy of a computer program to make certain copies and adaptations of the program.

In other words, hacking your truck may be allowed under the fair use doctrine that gives consumers the right to back up their software, as long as the purpose of such modifications is repair or modification-related, but not, for example, to create a derivative work for sale.

The Manufacturer would then respond that the Class 21 exemption is for the equipment owners themselves, but prevents owners from transferring the right to modify software to third parties, such as repair shops or hackers and that access to information that would allow changes to a machine’s data-management systems must be carefully controlled to ensure machine functionality, safety, and emissions compliance, and to preserve product warranties.

One would then argue that equipment owners have the right to break their own equipment, although doing so would clearly violate the warranty. Making modifications that simply violate warranty terms wouldn’t be illegal.

The Manufacturer would then argue that safety and emissions compliance, however, is a different story, as there are strict regulations from other agencies that dictate such rules, entirely independent of copyright law. In fact, tampering with software in order to circumvent emissions regulations got Volkswagen into serious hot water in 2015, resulting in $4.3 billion dollars of fines.

What this creates is a burgeoning grey market of unlicensed alternative software and associated diagnostic equipment, much of it from outside the United States.

What you then have is technicians running around with cracked Ukrainian Ram software that they bought off the black market and the chance of malware finding its way into such applications is quite high. The end result may be far worse than violating the terms of your warranty or even circumventing emission controls. It’s possible infected vehicles might, as part of the internet of things, participate in illegal botnets, or worse, the malware might impact the safety of the operators.

Firms like Apple intend you to bring your device to an official repairer if it needs fixing, actively preventing you from mending it yourself. If you try to, you'll face a myriad of complex disassembly procedures, using tools and screw types developed specifically for the phone. In the modern world, ease of repair is being progressively eroded. The use of software in products like household appliances and cars makes it harder for a typical owner to fix something if it goes wrong. Without knowledge of the product's programming, even basic problems can't be remedied.
                    Last edited by RF2200; 05-12-2017, 09:45 PM.
                    Ram Laramie Power Wagon
                    AEV Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
                    Land Rover Discovery SD Series I
                    Land Rover 110
                    Unimog U1200
                    Husqvarna TR650 Terra Touratech

Comment

The point is that you are forced to void warranties and break laws if you do not want something the government forces you to buy like ESS, ABS, Traction Control, Stability Control - any one of which could create, or at least contribute to, a dangerous condition when off-road.

Your tax money is taken and spent to implement the laws and your tax money is taken and spent to imprison and fine you when you inevitably break one of the laws.

A secondary problem is that things like ESS make no logical sense as a mandatory feature. In a best-case scenario while city driving ESS is "estimated to provide up to a 3% improvement in both fuel economy and CO2 emissions-reduction". City fuel economy for the JK is estimated at 16MPG meaning that your improvement is less than 0.5MPG in city driving with no improvement when highway driving. The system necessitates a larger battery and starter, among other changes, making your vehicle heavier and decreasing fuel economy. Furthermore, the system adds cost to the vehicle which will almost definitely not be recouped in fuel cost savings. In other words you spend more for the ESS system ($300-$400) then you will save from it. If you drive around 200 miles in the city a week you will save about $1 in gas. That is around 300 weeks to pay back the cost at $300.
                      Last edited by RF2200; 05-12-2017, 10:00 PM.
                      Ram Laramie Power Wagon
                      Land Rover 110
                      Unimog U1200

Comment

I should also say that the main point of ESS is not for the vehicle owner. It is intended to be a benefit for the eco-conscious bicycling city dweller in an urban area with an excess of slow moving, idling traffic and corresponding emissions. If you do not live in a congested city you are subsidizing their policies and lifestyle.
                        Last edited by RF2200; 05-12-2017, 09:56 PM.
                        Ram Laramie Power Wagon
                        Land Rover 110
                        Unimog U1200

Comment

I imagine there will be a code, much like the seat belt chime, that an owner can enter and deactivate the ESS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
                          2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
                          1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

Working...
                          X