Air Compressor for RAM truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .com View Post
    It was actually really easy, I just drilled through the bed of my truck, I used the template that came with the compressor. I used stainless steel washers on top of and under the holes, I also used a little locktight and and lock washers. When I drilled the hole I used some roll on bedliner around the holes so they would not rust. Then i brushed a little around the head of the bolts. Water doesn't leak through, and the bolts are very un-intrusive I drilled the holes in the lower part (valleys) of the bed, so you wouldn't snag them when sliding something in.
    Ill check that out... Thanks!!!
    2014 JKUR - AEV 3.5" - 37" KO2
    2015 Ram Power Wagon - 37" KO2

Comment

Resurrecting an older thread here, hope nobody minds.

I've installed onboard air in my last 2 trucks, both sourced from Hornblasters.com. Kits are reasonably priced and you can purchase components insted of a kit if you know what you want.

My last Ram had a dual Viair setup in the bed, and while it worked great I didn't like the fact that it took up bed space.

My current truck has a single Viair compressor on a shelf tucked up inside the frame along with a 5 gallon tank all tucked up where the spare tire used to sit. Also installed a remote fill connection on the rear bumper so it's plug and play if you need to air up. And for kicks, a set of train horns between the frame and body...

These compressors are rated at 100% duty @ 70 degrees so as long as you mount them correctly (not upside down) so heat can dissipate from the head they'll run all day long. Obviously these won't power air tools, but each compressor typically produces 4-5 scfm, which is plenty for tire filling.

I can post some pics if anyone's interested.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ_Powr_Wagon View Post
        Resurrecting an older thread here, hope nobody minds.

I've installed onboard air in my last 2 trucks, both sourced from Hornblasters.com. Kits are reasonably priced and you can purchase components insted of a kit if you know what you want.

My last Ram had a dual Viair setup in the bed, and while it worked great I didn't like the fact that it took up bed space.

My current truck has a single Viair compressor on a shelf tucked up inside the frame along with a 5 gallon tank all tucked up where the spare tire used to sit. Also installed a remote fill connection on the rear bumper so it's plug and play if you need to air up. And for kicks, a set of train horns between the frame and body...

These compressors are rated at 100% duty @ 70 degrees so as long as you mount them correctly (not upside down) so heat can dissipate from the head they'll run all day long. Obviously these won't power air tools, but each compressor typically produces 4-5 scfm, which is plenty for tire filling.

I can post some pics if anyone's interested.
        Reviving an old thread once again. Please do post pics if you still have the ability to do so. Thanks.

Comment

Anyone mount a compressor in the RamBox?

Comment

Not me but my buddy has a Viair and 2.5 gal tank in his Rambox.

Comment

Originally posted by scootr29 View Post
              Anyone mount a compressor in the RamBox?
              Yes. I installed ARB in driver ram box. Really easy and ran to AUX switches. Let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by JPNHigh View Post

Yes. I installed ARB in driver ram box. Really easy and ran to AUX switches. Let me know if you have any questions.
                How did you run it to your Aux switches? I thought the ARB compressor needed like 60amps and the aux switch’s could only handle 20amps.
                2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
                2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
                1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

I was looking to mount mine in the ram box. No one sells a bracket so I made one. I used the ARB tank and compressor. All the wires run through the drain plug at the bottom of the box.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	twinpump.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.84 MB ID:	259875
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by AlphaOutFront; 10-27-2019, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X