Diesel Power Products XL build.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diesel Power Products View Post
    The goal for the motor is to hit between 5-600hp at the wheels and make it react really quick. So I will be doing some of the engine basics, the things I am waiting to put the bumper on for are a Hamilton 188/220 camshaft, Hamilton Valve springs, ARP headstuds the 4202 studs, bump the inj up to roughly 90hp but balanced, my valve lash secret sauce, then a Fleece 10mm stroker pump, based on some newer findings I may end up pulling the motor and adding some connecting rods and ARP mainstuds to alleviate any issues down the line. From there it will get Fleece coolant tank to relocate the factory tank giving me more room in the engine compartment, and Fleece A/C lines. Those components will give me some room to run the 2nd gen swap single that I'm planning on. Before I do that though the trans will be getting a BD flexplate, enhanced stall torque converter, billet input shaft, Valve body separator plate, and trans tuning so it will hold up to the power. I'll be running an S363SXE charger with a T4 footprint this turbo is a touch small by itself but it moves 79# min of air. The plan is to run that with a larger 400 frame SXE in compounds. That way I get the best of both worlds. Not that I've put much thought into it.
    Man, all that sounds expensive. So what's your take on deleting everything? There are people out there that are claiming 5-600 horsepower with just deleting and a tune?
    14 Ram 3500 CCLB, CTD, Auto, AEV lift, Saltas, 37" KO2s, ARB lockers, ARB dual compressor, 2 gallon air tank, Nitro, 4.30 gears, Amsoil everywhere, switch pros 8100

Comment

Diesel Power Products XL build

500 Is close to attainable with a stock motor and deletes, it makes the trucks a lot more responsive and you never see the dealership for any of the warranty issues that revolve around the emissions components. We recently did a 2nd gen swap of an S369SXE on newer Ram 2500 and I'm guessing it will be close to that 600rwhp range. The factory chargers don't move enough air to support up to 600 however the drivability and responsiveness of a 4-500hp truck is night and day different then stock. They become a whole new truck. And with the right tuning they are completely clean no black smoke or Rolling Coal as the kids call it. We are not big fans of that, it is the wrong attention for the diesel community. We sell a lot of delete tuning to truck owners in cold environments because of the issues the newer trucks have with extended periods of time idling and the soot build up associated with it.
      Visit us today!http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com

Comment

Great pictures. Especially of the boy. Will remember those drives forever. I have two same age. Question, slightly off topic. What tires are you running on those trucks? Really wanting to love my BFG KO2s, and while they've been fine off road, they are shaky on the highway and after 2nd road force balancing just can't seem to get them right. Quiet though, which on the highway is important to me.
        17 RAM 3500 CTD HO/Aisin CC SRW- AEV conversion
        AEV front and rear bumpers
        AEV wheels
        AEV differential covers
        AEV mudflaps
        Vision X lights
        Warn 16.5
        AMP power steps
        Titan aux fuel tank
        TruckVault / CargoGlide
        Nuthouse Industries custom bedrack
        Carli Backcountry suspension

Comment

This thread is up for any questions pertaining to the truck so this is not off topic at all. And I totally agree, with the time spent with my son he has a blast and we get to see and do things that none of the kids in his class will probably ever experience. I have the Toyo M/T in the 40x13.5r17 and I settled on that after having run about every 40" available on the market. The road noise for me is nothing and to give you all the info I am running a set of Machette Crawl beadlocks, I mounted those tires on and never balanced and I have no vibrations or anything. Toyo did a great job with that tire, it is made out of a different compound then the rest of the M/T line up and is about 6 points softer then most other brand 40" tires. I have abused a few sets of these on larger vehicles and they wear great and work phenomenal offroad. I have another set that I ran on my last 2500 that weighed in around 9500# geared out. I put around 20K miles on them and will be using them on another vehicle here shortly. They still have about 70% left on them and are now perfect offroad with all the rounded off edges from all the rocks. We have also run the 40 Trailgrappler, 40 Wrangler MT/R (when it was available), 40 Maxxis Trepador, 40 Mudgrappler, and 40 Trepador bias ply. The only tire out there that interests me but I haven't run yet is the new Cooper STT Pro in the 40" that is e load rated. I have heard it is a great tire as well though. The 37 seems to be working well on one of my employee's vehicles.

Comment

The only tire out there that interests me but I haven't run yet is the new Cooper STT Pro in the 40" that is e load rated. I have heard it is a great tire as well though. The 37 seems to be working well on one of my employee's vehicles.

And wouldn't it be cool to have your name on the tires.

But seriously, is there no such thing as a 40 A/T? Or even one of the new aggressive All terrains like the Toyo R/T or the new Nitto in a 40. If there was I'd say to hell with dirty sevens and go straight to 40s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
            2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
            1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

I agree, like the Ridgegrappler in a 40 or an Exograppler in a 40 I would be all over that. I would also appreciate it if they would make them in a 14.50 width at 40 the 13.50 is a bit narrow. But that's just me. It would be cool to have my name on a tire. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by TTEngineer View Post
                And wouldn't it be cool to have your name on the tires.

But seriously, is there no such thing as a 40 A/T? Or even one of the new aggressive All terrains like the Toyo R/T or the new Nitto in a 40. If there was I'd say to hell with dirty sevens and go straight to 40s.

I agree, a 40 inch AT tire would be perfect, especially with a snow flake symbol, making it a true winter tire. I do not understand why BFG is not coming out with the KO2 in a 40x13.50R17. I know people would buy it and I would be one of them. And I could move up to 40 inchers on the RAM!
                2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

Another very impressive 40" tire is the pro comp mt2. Sure, they are basically a mud terrain but they have more siping than most. And I have personaly seen them work phenomenally in virtually every terrain, including snow for sure. Only a load range C though (3195 pounds).

http://www.procompusa.com/tires-prod...2284&pqa=14123
                  2016 RAM Power Wagon Laramie

Comment

I couldn't take it anymore, we have a snow wheeling trip lined up this weekend and I needed to have my winch. The boys at Warn say go prepared so I got the color matched bumper 90% installed last night after work. Looks so much better now, just need to get the switch panel sorted out and get some lighting going. I'll be pulling the cab to do the engine work so I'm not to worried about the bumper. Turbo kit and all the trans components just showed up, Monday will be transmission day and Tuesday will be baseline dyno day. I'll be posting up pics from this weekends snow adventure.
                    Attached Files

Comment

That looks awesome!!! Nice work!!

2014 JKUR - AEV 3.5" - 37" KO2
                      2015 Ram Power Wagon - 37" KO2

Comment

You need to pull the cab in order to do the engine work?
                        14 Ram 3500 CCLB, CTD, Auto, AEV lift, Saltas, 37" KO2s, ARB lockers, ARB dual compressor, 2 gallon air tank, Nitro, 4.30 gears, Amsoil everywhere, switch pros 8100

Comment

you have to take the cab off to do the engine work?

Comment

I couldn't take it anymore, we have a snow wheeling trip lined up this weekend and I needed to have my winch. The boys at Warn say go prepared so I got the color matched bumper 90% installed last night after work. Looks so much better now, just need to get the switch panel sorted out and get some lighting going. I'll be pulling the cab to do the engine work so I'm not to worried about the bumper. Turbo kit and all the trans components just showed up, Monday will be transmission day and Tuesday will be baseline dyno day. I'll be posting up pics from this weekends snow adventure.
                            looks very good with the color matched bumper. Has a more high end look to it! Great work!
                            2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

For the engine work that I will be doing pulling the cab will make it easier in the long run. I'm going to be adding quite a bit of power so I need to change some of the engine internals. You have to pull the motor in order to do that because the lower cross member is to close to the oilpan to be able to do it in the vehicle. The little work that it will take to pull the cab is much better then reassembling the motor in the frame a piece at a time. I would much rather put the motor completely built back in the truck then put the cab back on. Much easier and cleaner in the long run.

Comment

Pic of the bumper finished minus the light bezel's which need some modifying for my lighting package. Also some pics from playing in the snow. Those little jeeps wouldn't have made it on their own. It was awesome out, mid 40's for temps we got up in elevation and had to play with tire pressure a little more but tow XL packages are definitely unstoppable. Great times, if you haven't yet you should really get our and use these bad boys.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X