Diesel Power Products XL build.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diesel Power Products XL build

Great idea on the ProCal option to unlock the dual alternators. My wishlist would include tanking the stability and traction control completely when the button is pushed, to include 2wd. Lets do it!!
    Visit us today!http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com

Comment

I second that motion. Death to stability control. Please. Kill it on the Jeep as well. Damn regulators.
      Last edited by RF2200; 03-22-2017, 10:40 AM.
      Ram Laramie Power Wagon
      AEV Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
      Land Rover Discovery SD Series I
      Land Rover 110
      Unimog U1200
      Husqvarna TR650 Terra Touratech

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Power Products View Post
        On the comments revolving around the alternator, when upgrading to the duals there is no question on amperage nor is there for the single alternator location. As far as the Amperage goes the only thing affected would be the wiring and whether or not it could handle it. The ECM controls the alternator output but its only reference is voltage. It will increase the output based on voltage drop. So for instance with the factory 180 while out night wheeling in the snow. I was seeing the voltage drop to 12 while winching with lights on, that tells me the 180 amp can't keep up. Since the winch is rated to pull a lot more amperage then even 180 I upgraded to the secondary alternator which only comes in a 220 for that location. Because it feeds the second battery (drivers side) directly it affects the wiring less then if it were feeding the passenger side which would then need to transfer to the drivers side to keep up. I have an available 400 amps if full load is needed, however I will be well within the range. I looked through the witech up and down to find out if it mattered matching the alternators and from what I have gathered, it doesn't matter. Take that info and do with it what you will. I am currently running a 180 in the stock location and a 220 in the secondary location. I will keep everyone informed of any issues that I come across. As it is now even with every light on my voltage won't drop below 14 while running. All is happy.
        Thanks Cooper, great info! I will go the same route then and just add the secondary 220 Amp.

Great idea on the ProCal option to unlock the dual alternators. My wishlist would include tanking the stability and traction control completely when the button is pushed, to include 2wd. Lets do it!!
        I agree! Pushing the button to turn it off means we want it OFF, not stanby!!

Originally posted by RF2200 View Post
        I second that motion. Death to stability control. Please. Kill it on the Jeep as well. Damn regulators.
        Dave would there be an option to upgrade a current Procal to a newer version if you come out with it?
        2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

As a general rule of thumb the Procal changes stuff in the TIPM which is general car option type stuff. To do anything with the stability control would require changing the ABS module which we are not going to do.

dh
          2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
          2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
          2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
          2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

Originally posted by AEVRAM3500 View Post
            that would be interesting as I only have a 180 and wanted to go with dual 220s.
            I have the 180 as well,I would like to add a 220.
            DPP,thanks for the info.
            Last edited by chet6.7; 03-22-2017, 11:34 PM.
            14 2500 CTD

Comment

Dave, could the procal if programmed for it change things like heated and cooled seats, or in motion navigation? How about changing distance to empty reading when installing large fuel tank under truck?

Comment

Diesel Power Products XL build.

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                Dave, could the procal if programmed for it change things like heated and cooled seats, or in motion navigation? How about changing distance to empty reading when installing large fuel tank under truck?

For nav/radio stuff look into http://customtronix.com.

They send you a fob that reprograms your GPS as well as other features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by TTEngineer; 04-17-2017, 01:05 PM.
                2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
                2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
                1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

Dave, when you say it would require something something ABS module, what I heard was you've tried!!!

Comment

Originally posted by diesel power products View Post
                    dave, when you say it would require something something abs module, what i heard was you've tried!!!
                    :d:d:d
                    2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

Any updates Cooper? I love this truck and would like to see it all finnished with the fog light bezels in and all put back together.
                      Last edited by AEVRAM3500; 04-04-2017, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Finally got around to finishing up the bezels for everyone to see. I'm completely happy with the way it look. Needed a little sanding on the outside inner edge so it wouldn't hit. Right stuff adhesive sealer and they will probably remove paint if I ever need to take the bezel off. Lol. Getting an oil change and we hit the road on Friday for Moab.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Finally got around to finishing up the bezels for everyone to see. I'm completely happy with the way it look. Needed a little sanding on the outside inner edge so it wouldn't hit. Right stuff adhesive sealer and they will probably remove paint if I ever need to take the bezel off. Lol. Getting an oil change and we hit the road on Friday for Moab.
                          looks really good! and you could still snap amber covers on if you needed to. That makes sense. On the cannons you have to unbolt the light and slide it back just to get to the cover. I like this setup you have. I love the whole truck!

Comment

Oh wow. Those look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
                            2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
                            1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

with some different brackets you might actually be able to fit two squadron XLs in there on each side!

Comment

Moab rocked, got out to do some night wheeling with Sledge. We did Hells Revenge to include Hells Gate at night, these trucks work really well. We handled everything easier then the Jeeps and were a lot more comfortable doing it. We also made the trip out to Top of the World. Here are some pics of the trip that I snapped off. One of my guys was a little freaked out about the drop and wouldn't sit near the edge. LOL, not to mention every person we saw on the trail looked at us like we shouldn't be there. Silly Jeeps. I can also tell you that the 4 Squadron Pro's I'm running are plenty of light.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X