No announcement yet.

Diesel Power Products XL build.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was airing down in hells' parking lot as you were getting ready to run at night. It was amazing seeing your truck on the trail... looked like a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 JKUR - AEV 3.5" - 37" KO2
    2015 Ram Power Wagon - 37" KO2

Comment

Diesel Power Products XL build

Nice, which night? Wednesday or Thursday? What rig were you in? Hells Revenge at night is one of my favorite things to do, you can't see all the drops that well so it makes it that much more exciting and the gate in the dark is really cool.
      Visit us today!http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Power Products View Post
        Nice, which night? Wednesday or Thursday? What rig were you in? Hells Revenge at night is one of my favorite things to do, you can't see all the drops that well so it makes it that much more exciting and the gate in the dark is really cool.
        I was in my jeep for that run.. It was thursday night (looked like there were some jeep people wth you too, or at least they had the cool "military looking J8 ish right out there with you). I was going to stop you and say HI, but you were darn busy taping up the lights

I tried my best to not blind you guys with my lights

Agreed, Hell's is a blast at night!!

pic of my jeep to jog your memory

I stocked howie too.. it was cool to see it in person!

Comment

The Thursday night run was Epic, once in a lifetime. I'm never to busy to chat about wheeling large trucks. I remember the license plate.

Comment

i sat on the ledge the same way as the other guy...

Comment

My frikin palms are sweating just looking at that pic of you guys. NO WAY IN HELL!!!!!
              2016 RAM Power Wagon Laramie

Comment

It is a long way down for sure. But it is really fun stepping out of the comfort zone.

Comment

Well this weekend was an absolute blast. Had my own personal tour guide to some great scenery in the #notellumcreek mountain range. Had a road trip to Kalispell for my son's Lacrosse tournament and while we had some down time we went on the hunt for some snow wheeling. Unbelievable views and still quite a bit of snow on the ground. Final tire psi so that we could keep moving was 7 psi front and 4 psi rear. We could have dropped a bit more in the front to make it easier but thought that we would leave it as our safety so we had options if things got squeaky.
                  Attached Files

Comment

What's the size/specs on those KMC wheels?

Comment

They are the 17x9 with 3.5" B.S. KMC Machette Crawl. We sell them, they are a real beadlock but have a really thick beadlock ring that doesn't deflect with the bigger beaded tires like the 40's and they use 3/8" hardware instead of 5/16" so I have yet to have a beadlock bolt break on me. Some of the other cool design features are the windows in the beadlock ring that allow any water to spill out instead of filling up in the wheel, or mud for that matter. We sell that wheel at DPP. Ashfurd would be a great tech to talk to about them 8663798685 ext 107.

Comment

Damn, that truck look great in ints natural environment.

Can you (if you get a chance) post up how your onboard air is mounted... Im assuming its an ARB twin filling those guys back up.

Thanks , ZIG

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Power Products View Post
                          They are the 17x9 with 3.5" B.S. KMC Machette Crawl. We sell them, they are a real beadlock but have a really thick beadlock ring that doesn't deflect with the bigger beaded tires like the 40's and they use 3/8" hardware instead of 5/16" so I have yet to have a beadlock bolt break on me. Some of the other cool design features are the windows in the beadlock ring that allow any water to spill out instead of filling up in the wheel, or mud for that matter. We sell that wheel at DPP. Ashfurd would be a great tech to talk to about them 8663798685 ext 107.
                          Nice looking wheels. I personally wouldn't want to run a beadlock on my daily driven rig due to the level of maintenance required. Been there done that.

I'd be curious what other options XL guys have other than Katla's to get the correct offest/fender clearance. It's going to be hard to give up my Salta's when moving up to the XL some day...

Comment

Originally posted by Wazzubob View Post
                            Nice looking wheels. I personally wouldn't want to run a beadlock on my daily driven rig due to the level of maintenance required. Been there done that.

I'd be curious what other options XL guys have other than Katla's to get the correct offest/fender clearance. It's going to be hard to give up my Salta's when moving up to the XL some day...

You could do the internal inflatable bead locks with the salta

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
                            2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
                            1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by TTEngineer View Post
                              You could do the internal inflatable bead locks with the salta

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              Don't want beadlocks. I'm looking for future wheel options with the proper offset for high mark fender flares.

Comment

I totally understand your reservations for beadlocks and have had the same issues with them in the past. That is part of the reason I am running these ones. The 3/8" hardware doesn't have the problems that every other beadlock does since 99% of all beadlocks use 5/16" hardware and the heads pop off with 40" tires due to the bead being so thick it deflects the beadlock ring and brakes them. Or worse doesn't clamp the beadlock ring completely to the surface then in the winter allows water down between the two surfaces so when it freezes it breaks them. Trail ready makes a non beadlock that gets as close to perfect as possible I have looked through countless wheels for just the right offset and most wheel manufacturers set them up based on 35/37" tires with either a 4.75 or 4.5" B.S. on a 17x8.5. A 17x9 with 4" would be great.

Comment

Working...
                                X