Diesel Power Products XL build.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel Power Products XL build.

We just started an XL build in house and I thought I would start documenting here to show all of the other parts we are throwing at this truck as well. We do take these vehicles out and work them off road, it is an extremely capable platform and AEV's suspension works perfect. We had the luxury of being invited to run Cane Creek in Moab last year with AEV and we were the only customer there running a Ram 2500 on 40's. The three of us running the XL packages came out with any trail cred and drove right back into town for dinner. The truck we are currently building is a 2017 Ram 2500 crew short with the new SLT sport appearance group. It is Granite metallic and has a whopping 120 miles on it. We will be posting up the various stages as we go. This last Saturday I took some time to get the suspension installed in the shop while it was empty and I didn't have to share the radio. Feel free to ask any questions you would like.
    Visit us today!http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com

Diesel Power Products XL build

All stock for at least 5 more minutes until I post up other pics.
    Attached Files

Comment

Front suspension all laid out on the table organized and ready to go with the patient in the background. Truck's symptoms of inferiority, tire diameter envy, and overall low self esteem with soon be lifted.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Power Products View Post
        Front suspension all laid out on the table organized and ready to go with the patient in the background. Truck's symptoms of inferiority, tire diameter envy, and overall low self esteem with soon be lifted.
        Do you guys have flares in Stock?

Thanks

Comment

Looking forward to watching the whole process!
          Ward
          2015 Dodge Ram 5500 "Intercontinental Cruiser" RV
          2007 Jeep JK w/ AT Habitat and lots of AEV goodies.
          2005 Jeep LJ Rubicon
          2014 Jeep JK

Comment

Lockers going to be part of the package?
            "Dont wish for it,work for it."
            2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-Superlift 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets-buffalo key chain

Comment

Yes I believe we have one last set of flares sitting on the shelf with more on order. As for the traction aids I have ARB air lockers for it front and rear, and a twin air compressor. We will have air chuck mounts front and rear to help with airing up at the end of the trail. I will be putting together the list of parts as we go. I will have the flares done this week and the bumper and hood are being color matched this week as well. Next week it will be getting gearing and lockers done and we are running a set of Nitro Gear 4.88. We like this ratio with the O/D ratio on the automatic it puts it right at 2k rpm at 75.

Comment

Can you also post up updates of the single cab with the short bed y'all are doing too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
                2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
                1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

Whoa, 4.88s? Aev recommends 4.30s.
                  I run 4.30s with 37s and feel like that's the perfect ratio.
                  Really curious about this, as I one day plan to throw 40s on.
                  14 Ram 3500 CCLB, CTD, Auto, AEV lift, Saltas, 37" KO2s, ARB lockers, ARB dual compressor, 2 gallon air tank, Nitro, 4.30 gears, Amsoil everywhere, switch pros 8100

Comment

Previously posted by AEV Dave:

For reference assuming stock tires are 32 (some are nearly 33)

37/32=1.16
                    1.16*3.42=3.95

40/32=1.2
                    1.25*3.42=4.28

Comment

For reference, we use the 4.30s because thats the deepest we've used with no noise and it does bring it back to stock, however we haven't tried the 4.88s, just the 4.56s which we have yet to get working with no trailing throttle noise

One of these days I'll try a set of 4.88 or 5.13...that'd be great on a PW or a diesel thats gonna see extensive use off road (which I suspect this one above will )

dh
                      2015 Ram 3500 Cab Chassis SRW
                      2009 Brute DoubleCab 5.7VVT Supercharged, 37s
                      2015 KTM 1190 Adventure R
                      2013 KTM 450XC-W

Comment

I completely agree with 4.30 gears for 37's, I have personally run 4.56, 4.88, and 5.13 gear ratios on my own trucks ranging in tire sizes from 37 up to 42. I use my truck offroad routinely and will fault on the side of mechanical advantage offroad over top speed on the freeway. 4.88 with 40's is the best combo of gears for my driving style. As for anyone else, AEV recommends 4.56 with 40's and it works. We have that set up in another one of our Ram builds and it has been everywhere we have wanted to take it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Diesel Power Products XL Build

In process for the fender flares. It's going to look like it skipped leg day until I get the 40's on. Gears happening next week. Should have some goodies from ARB showing up this afternoon.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Very clean cuts... cutoff wheel or a nibbler?

Comment

It was with a cut off wheel. Got the load of traction goodies in today!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X