Diesel Power Products #UA17 AEV Project Howitzer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diesel Power Products View Post
    Oh boy! Here we go, finishing up the wiring so we can put some fire in the engine compartment. Had to throw the 42's on right away we still need to set up all the suspension everything is loose. Now I just want to finish it and get some dirt under those tires.

That looks sick! Awesome! Can not wait to see a video of it offroad!
    Last edited by AEVRAM3500; 03-18-2017, 12:51 PM.
    2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

We can't wait to get it dirty either. Howie pulled out of the shop under it's own power last night. Got it all loaded up to go get gears done. Got a lot of looks going down the freeway. It feels awesome, fired right up and with all of the emissions components intact it is so clean it sounds like wind through willow trees and nature and stuff. LOL, so far so good on the happy motor but time will tell as to whether the DPF in the bed will be able to deal with the bends or if everything will just plug up. Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure. The list of components going on for gearing are, Nitro gear 5.13's, ARB air lockers front and rear, Dynatrac Free spin kit, and RCV's with the passenger side disconnect being deleted. Going for as much strength as possible. I realize the 4.88 gears would have a larger pinion but the 5.13 pinion is still absolutely gargantuan.
      Attached Files
      Visit us today!http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com

Comment

DPF should be fine, look under the passenger door on just about any newer class 7 truck. You may need wheelie bars on that rig. From the photos it looks like a very professional ( factory ) build. nicely done.

Comment

Looks awesome! Great job! I can not wait to see it wheel!
          2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

Well it has been a while, here are some updates. We are down to the wire working on some of the more critical survival armor. We leave Friday afternoon for Moab to go ahead and debut this build at Easter Jeep Safari. Anyone can wheel a Jeep, Foolsize is where its at. We are also trying out some new DIY bumper plates that have an aluminum adapter with steel top plate so if anyone would like to try building their own light bar mount on the AEV bumper they can. Rear bumper is a Mercenary high clearance with the Baja corners, it is completely tied into the frame at the front portion so I could literally drop the whole truck on it and it will protect the rear. We also have a rear winch mount skid that fits on the frame in the rear taking up the space where the spare tire went, we are loading it with a Warn Zeon 12-s Platinum so we don't have to reach in and flip the engage/disengage lever. The rock sliders will be headed to powdercoat in the morning and should be fully welded on the truck tomorrow evening. Finishing up some of the tubes to kick it out away from the fenders. Working on getting some lighting set up so I can see off to the sides for the big drops in Moab, nothing is quite as fun as wheeling at night in Moab because the drops are really big and you can't always see them.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here are a couple more of the rear bumper and winch skid.
              Attached Files

Comment

Drool worthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
                2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
                1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

Well it has been a while, here are some updates. We are down to the wire working on some of the more critical survival armor. We leave Friday afternoon for Moab to go ahead and debut this build at Easter Jeep Safari. Anyone can wheel a Jeep, Foolsize is where its at. We are also trying out some new DIY bumper plates that have an aluminum adapter with steel top plate so if anyone would like to try building their own light bar mount on the AEV bumper they can. Rear bumper is a Mercenary high clearance with the Baja corners, it is completely tied into the frame at the front portion so I could literally drop the whole truck on it and it will protect the rear. We also have a rear winch mount skid that fits on the frame in the rear taking up the space where the spare tire went, we are loading it with a Warn Zeon 12-s Platinum so we don't have to reach in and flip the engage/disengage lever. The rock sliders will be headed to powdercoat in the morning and should be fully welded on the truck tomorrow evening. Finishing up some of the tubes to kick it out away from the fenders. Working on getting some lighting set up so I can see off to the sides for the big drops in Moab, nothing is quite as fun as wheeling at night in Moab because the drops are really big and you can't always see them.
                  Here are a couple more of the rear bumper and winch skid.
                  That looks bad A$$!!! Looking forward to the finished pics of the rock sliders. Love the way it looks with the color matched bumper! And I see you added black Quad headlights!

What will you do for lighting? 4 squadrons in the fog opening? then the a pillar ones and LEDs in the headlights? Or anything else?

Have fun wheeling in Moab!

Comment

We already have the LED on the low beam of the headlight, and amber and a spot squadron in the bumper, a 40" Baja Designs High power that will we triggered off of the high beam circuit, and a 20" Onx Amber on the front. Rock lights, another set of S2 Pro's on either side out back with a set of S2 Pro's mounted up high out back as well. There will be no issues with lighting during night wheeling or for setting up camp in the dark.

Comment

We already have the LED on the low beam of the headlight, and amber and a spot squadron in the bumper, a 40" Baja Designs High power that will we triggered off of the high beam circuit, and a 20" Onx Amber on the front. Rock lights, another set of S2 Pro's on either side out back with a set of S2 Pro's mounted up high out back as well. There will be no issues with lighting during night wheeling or for setting up camp in the dark.
                      sounds awesome, cannot wait to see the finnished pics! where are the 40 inch and the 20 inch amber OnX going? both on the bumper? Can you do a night shot for me as well with everything turned on!? ( I am a sucker for lighting)
                      Last edited by AEVRAM3500; 04-04-2017, 01:06 PM.

Comment

#1 on my list to see at EJS!

Comment

Originally posted by lucky73 View Post
                          #1 on my list to see at EJS!
                          Agreed... How long are the DPP guys going to be in town?
                          2014 JKUR - AEV 3.5" - 37" KO2
                          2015 Ram Power Wagon - 37" KO2

Comment

We get in to Moab on Saturday and will be there until the following Saturday.

Comment

We get in to Moab on Saturday and will be there until the following Saturday.

Then Don't be surprised if there's a Jeep ( or two) stocking your rigs while you are out there [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              2014 JKUR - AEV 3.5" - 37" KO2
                              2015 Ram Power Wagon - 37" KO2

Comment

Any new pics from Moab Cooper?

Comment

Working...
                                X