No announcement yet.

Flippac for prospector

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Quick Pitch camper interests me as well.
    The 4xOverland youtube channel was going to use on but he recently backed out of a camper on a LC 79 and is going back to a tilting roof LC 78.
    This is the longest video I have see on the Quick Pitch,it is not much of a review unfortunately.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKGtzUsUiVA
    14 2500 CTD

Comment

Personally, I think the tent portion of a quick pitch is garbage. What I do like though is their use of the hinging slider drawers on either side. The only issue would be the height when mated with a prospector. Although I imagine that as long as you were say 5-9 it would still be doable.

I just wish either more foreign companies would bring their stuff here or American companies would pick up the slack. Maybe Dave could shine some light on the situation, but I think this particular market is blowing up.

I have heard that turtleback trailers is working on a version of their towable that would fit in the bed of a truck which would be a very cool option as long as it can be easily removed. My main goal is to be able to add something to the truck for the weekends and then remove it during the week so I can still load stuff in the bed for work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
      2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
      1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by PeteEinMT View Post
        That's not bad. I just think the Flipac is too exposed for camping especially where I am at. Would rather have more of a clam shell style that can be protected from the elements and yes being able to access from the inside would be preferred. I cannot even get excited for the FWC. I like my bed space with a topper.

Pete
        Agree with the "...like my bed space with a topper", anytime I ponder a slide in camper, RTT or just sleeping in the topper...the topper typically wins plus the secured storage for all the junk is a bonus.

As a side note, since I cannot find the link for the forum post I referenced above on the AT Habitat for fullsize, I just called AT and spoke with "Clint" (hopefully the spelling is accurate). Was told to expect the fullsize Habitat in the next 2-3 months, he mentioned specifically Ram's and Tundra's and also they would be offering fitment for various bed lengths. Hoping the fitment is as good on the Ram as on the Tacoma offering and looking forward to seeing what they launch.

Comment

Originally posted by jerstw View Post

I just called AT and spoke with "Clint" (hopefully the spelling is accurate). Was told to expect the fullsize Habitat in the next 2-3 months, he mentioned specifically Ram's and Tundra's and also they would be offering fitment for various bed lengths. Hoping the fitment is as good on the Ram as on the Tacoma offering and looking forward to seeing what they launch.

That's good to hear. I just hope it matches the curves of the bed and cab. Doing so would not only help with fuel economy but also would create an aesthetically pleasing product. And I don't care what anyone says, looks typically can make or break the deal.

Comment

FRP, the maker of the Flippac, went out of business last year.

They were also well-known for their poor communication with customers and potential customers. From what I read, the Flippac was a filler product they made when orders for their main fiberglass product line were slow. I'm not sure if they were in the marine or industrial portions of the fiberglass industry, but the Flippac was never their flagship product.

I say that to manage your expectations - especially about receiving an email back from them. Unless someone has purchased FRP and continued production, your best bet is to watch CL and try to snag one secondhand. I've seen full size Flippacs pop up for sale from time to time. Hopefully you live west of the Rockies, they are unicorns on the East Coast.

I would wait for AT's full size Habitat to reach fruition. It's a better product all around. No finicky, and expensive, torsion bar to break when you're in the middle of nowhere ready to set up camp.

Comment

AT just announced that they have full size models ready for order. They will also have a working model at overland expo west.

Comment

Working...
              X