2500 and 6.4 gearing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timgco View Post
    37" BFG KO2 on HD Salta wheels. My 16 PW is currently at stock height. 35's you won't even notice with the power our 6.4L engines have. My 410 gears did fine, however once you correct for tire size, it shifts soooo much better.

What are you seeing for mpgs with the 37s? Curious about city, highway and combined.

Comment

Picked up the truck in Ohio with 400 plus miles on it. Mega cab 6.4 4.10 gears factory bed cover. Return trip to Florida saw 12.5 MPG. Swapped all fluid to Amsoil and went to 14.5 on trips to Tampa from St Augustine. about 450 miles round trip. Keeping in mind Florida highest points are overpasses. I have 30K on truck now and with rack, cap, tools i get 10. I run 48 psi all around. I rotate every 3K and tires still look really good, all tread blocks were very evenly. will be needing a new set of shoes this summer may get another set of wheels and wrap AT-2 on them, look will suffer but maybe a bit more MPG. Going to order gears monday, 4.88.

Comment

Originally posted by Timgco View Post
        37" BFG KO2 on HD Salta wheels. My 16 PW is currently at stock height. 35's you won't even notice with the power our 6.4L engines have. My 410 gears did fine, however once you correct for tire size, it shifts soooo much better.
        Which brand calibrator did you use? I have used superchips flash cal in the past for our jeeps, called them and there is no time frame for 6.4/2017 compatibility. Looks like aev is out since I don't need a lift and no news on the public release. That leaves hypertech, i haven't called them yet. Waiting to get new tires till i have a calibration tool lined out.

Just ordered a set of Salta's this morning.
        Last edited by rgregg08; 04-03-2017, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X