No announcement yet.

winch problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh forgot to say my new rope came in today but UPS pulled in just as i was closing the hood. Hot sweaty and ready to go home. Install it tomorrow.

Comment

winch problems

Careful, you probably know, but those of us that did the install on our own know there are two spacers used to get the 16.5 in the bumper. They are basically a thick washer.

You got the winch out without removing bumper? Damn son! (Never would have happened with a CTD truck.).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

Comment

Late night long day and I wasnt going to let it beat me. Yes on the washers. A plate tack welded inside of bumper instead of the washer would be great. I guess there is one benefit of the 6.4. I cant imagine doing this with an inter cooler right behind it. Wound my new line this morning. took some to get it to catch on the drum but it looks great in there. Had Jim at Bubba rope make it. 1/2" ( more like 3/4") safety red with the integrated eye. Also a 80' extention line eye each end and two gator jaw's. Nice stuff. Test it in WV in a couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
          Late night long day and I wasnt going to let it beat me. Yes on the washers. A plate tack welded inside of bumper instead of the washer would be great. I guess there is one benefit of the 6.4. I cant imagine doing this with an inter cooler right behind it. Wound my new line this morning. took some to get it to catch on the drum but it looks great in there. Had Jim at Bubba rope make it. 1/2" ( more like 3/4") safety red with the integrated eye. Also a 80' extention line eye each end and two gator jaw's. Nice stuff. Test it in WV in a couple weeks.
          What winch rope did you end up with? The ones on his website say they're rated for 9-10k winches.

You have a 16.5Ti right? Does he offer different rope for the heavier duty winches?

Comment

I called and talked with James Flowers, he owns bubba rope, He had built this rope as a prototype for a show. 31K breaking. He can build any size, any color, any length.
            Jim 321 397 2372

Comment

Working...
            X