Expedition Portal on the AEV Recruit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expedition Portal on the AEV Recruit

Here is a great read on the AEV Recruit! If you have a chance, it is definitely worth a read.

https://expeditionportal.com/whats-t...s-new-recruit/
    Chris Holt
    Marketing Associate, AEV
    248-926-0256 x272
    cholt@aev-conversions.com

Looking forward to having these parts available. I like a lot of the features you have packed into it. Aluminum knuckles, the diff carrier. Sweet! Not to mention a bumper option that looks like it could actually hold up to something. Nice work fellers.
    Visit us today!http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com

Comment

Expedition Portal on the AEV Recruit

So these vision x fog lights on the recruit, will they work as replacements for the 2500/3500 fog lamps with the AEV bumper and factory bezel insert?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
      2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
      1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

Good to k ow the differences. I still am undecided between the recruit and prospector next year.
        Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
        4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

The four inches of lift on the IFS also necessitates the use of 20″ aluminum wheels. This alone is somewhat of a blow for the Recruit, but the larger wheels also cost more than the 17″ models used on the prospector, which is really hitting below the belt for buyers. Fortunately, we hear rumors from within of an 18″ wheel in the works, along with a modification package to allow for a safe and reliable fitment.
          huh. that explains the 20"? knuckle interference ?
          2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

Comment

This made me laugh...

Even if you rarely operate on tight trails, and price has no sway over you, the Recruit holds one final crucial advantage over the Prospector: fuel economy. The new Ecodiesel 1500 is reported to get up to 29 mpg on the highway, but we've seen claims ranging up to 31 mpg.

I'd like to see the real world numbers after the lift, bumper and 35's on that ecodiesel.

I got $5 that the mpg is no where near 20 avg.

Comment

where is the XL version

Comment

I have an ecodiesel 1500 right now and it will smoke a hemi, I'm running 35" tires with the factory 3.92 gears and it gets 23-25mpg no problem. I've even turned it up with a set of Compound chargers and its putting 365 to the rear wheels with tons of room for more tuning. Just my two cents, I think the height will effect the mileage a bit but well worth it to have a truck that capable getting in the 20's for mileage.
                Visit us today!http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com

Comment

Originally posted by socaladam View Post
                  This made me laugh...

I'd like to see the real world numbers after the lift, bumper and 35's on that ecodiesel.

I got $5 that the mpg is no where near 20 avg.
                  I think you might be very surprised. On a 2 hour highway trip I was able to get 17mpg in a Prospector XL. OEMs have done a great job of squeezing every possible MPG out of these big trucks. I thought there was no way a truck on 40s would be able to get that but I was shocked. With normal driving it is usually around 14mpg with a mix of city and highway. I can report back on the Recruit with the EcoDiesel once I get some more seat time in one taking it to shows and events.
                  Chris Holt
                  Marketing Associate, AEV
                  248-926-0256 x272
                  cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Chris View Post
                    I think you might be very surprised. On a 2 hour highway trip I was able to get 17mpg in a Prospector XL. OEMs have done a great job of squeezing every possible MPG out of these big trucks. I thought there was no way a truck on 40s would be able to get that but I was shocked. With normal driving it is usually around 14mpg with a mix of city and highway. I can report back on the Recruit with the EcoDiesel once I get some more seat time in one taking it to shows and events.
                    Maybe on long flat stretches of freeway at 65mph, but there is no way you're getting 17MPG in city driving or mixed city/freeway.

My stock 2017 2500 barely gets 12 in the city and IF I'm lucky 20 on the freeway only after I've left the hills of CA and hit the flats of AZ.

Comment

I think if I was in the market I would still go with a prospector.

Seems like I have seen the recruit some where else. Is the 20 inch not an AEV design?
                      "Dont wish for it,work for it."
                      2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-Superlift 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets-buffalo key chain

Comment

Originally posted by socaladam View Post
                        Maybe on long flat stretches of freeway at 65mph, but there is no way you're getting 17MPG in city driving or mixed city/freeway.

My stock 2017 2500 barely gets 12 in the city and IF I'm lucky 20 on the freeway only after I've left the hills of CA and hit the flats of AZ.

That's surprising. I have a 3500 and get 15-17 in Atlanta city driving and 21 when I go on a 4hr drive to the in laws in Tallahassee.

I got 20 when I drove to Asheville for Expo east

Comment

Originally posted by TTEngineer View Post
                          That's surprising. I have a 3500 and get 15-17 in Atlanta city driving and 21 when I go on a 4hr drive to the in laws in Tallahassee.

I got 20 when I drove to Asheville for Expo east

Whenever I see guys claiming extremely poor fuel mileage, I always wonder if they realize just how much control they have over fuel consumption with their driving technique.

Comment

Originally posted by Wazzubob View Post
                            Whenever I see guys claiming extremely poor fuel mileage, I always wonder if they realize just how much control they have over fuel consumption with their driving technique.

Agreed.

Now granted I have a Limited and my dash has the ability to show me my instant gas mileage. I rarely view the other features and use the MPG gauge to maximize my fuel efficiency. I will say that if it were not for this feature I would easily be in the 14/17 range for city and highway respectively.

Even the most slight throttle movement makes a huge difference. What I have also found is that if I drop the truck into 5th gear on road trips my MPG will increase 1 or 2 mpgs. It puts my truck right at 2000 rpms at 70-75 mph.

I'd bet if I were in south Florida where it's flat I could get close to 23 or 24 mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Made me think of this video that was posted here a while back. Economy driving. Haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xamO_u21phY

And a second from Russia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExArsXTmCJk
                              Ram Laramie Power Wagon
                              AEV Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
                              Land Rover Discovery SD Series I
                              Land Rover 110
                              Unimog U1200
                              Husqvarna TR650 Terra Touratech

Comment

Working...
                              X