Flare install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flare install

Flares showed up today and I was blown away. The quality is pretty amazing. Really they are worth the price.
    Started stripping down the front fenders, everything seems to be going smoothly. I deviated from directions a little, I left the stock fender bracket by headlight in place till I trace fender cutout, I'll remove it before cutting.
    I plan on trying to put the bumper flares on my stock bumper they match up pretty well, but will need to be cut to match flare radius. Hope to start cutting tomorrow after work.
    Attached Files

Flare fits stock bumper neatly.
    Attached Files

Comment

Finished except for fender liner.
      Attached Files

Comment

Flare install

Idk, I almost feel like 40's are a tad small for the fenders. I think it needs 42s maybe. Or even 44s?

Is it just me or maybe the camera angle?

Either way the Truck looks great! Nice job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
        2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
        1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

The angle isn't the best. I didn't look at the pictures till I was 4 hrs away driving to next job. When I get back to my truck I'll get better ones. 42s would look better I think also.... Diesel power product guys said they had to trim more than AEV requires to fit 42 trepadors on the howitzer. So 44s might be too much.

Comment

Nice work. This is awesome. The 40" trucks look better in person, photos don't do them justice.
            2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

Comment

Originally posted by Wapitihunter View Post
              Nice work. This is awesome. The 40" trucks look better in person, photos don't do them justice.

Very true.

Originally posted by gunslug View Post
              The angle isn't the best. I didn't look at the pictures till I was 4 hrs away driving to next job. When I get back to my truck I'll get better ones. 42s would look better I think also.... Diesel power product guys said they had to trim more than AEV requires to fit 42 trepadors on the howitzer. So 44s might be too much.

DPP also ran taller springs, 2" Carli I believe. So they had a total of 5" of lift. But I think that was done so they could have more useable travel and articulation.

I believe Ward is running 42s with stock springs on his AEV camper build.

If someone ran a 6" kit on these trucks with the flares, I think 44s would be damn near perfect. I'm just not brave enough to be the one to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
              2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
              1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

Working...
              X