No announcement yet.

2012 XL LOW COG Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eric, from all my research what I could find is a 20x10 with a -25 offset is the most aggressive, off the shelf. I like the look of these wheels too much and gave up the 5mm difference. This is an offset you would want to look for if you're going this route. -12 of The AEV wheels is not enough in my opinion, I under stand the reasons why it is sized that way, I chose what would work for me. The 15.5 wide tire will only limit steering, hitting the arms or I think swaybar in the newer trucks. Oh and thank you very much for the compliment.

Comment

Stormtroopers do you have any pictures of how much you trimmed the headlight surrounds?

Thanks

Comment

One fender done.... taped flare to bumper. I think it's gonna look good!

Comment

That looks awesome. I'm curious to see what it's like working and living with a truck that has 40s. I'm a general contractor and use my truck for everything too.
          I love the look of 40s but at the end of the day, 90% of my driving is On Road.
          Good job!
          14 Ram 3500 CCLB, CTD, Auto, AEV lift, Saltas, 37" KO2s, ARB lockers, ARB dual compressor, 2 gallon air tank, Nitro, 4.30 gears, Amsoil everywhere, switch pros 8100

Comment

Originally posted by .com View Post
            That looks awesome. I'm curious to see what it's like working and living with a truck that has 40s. I'm a general contractor and use my truck for everything too.

I love the look of 40s but at the end of the day, 90% of my driving is On Road.

Good job!

Same here. And I also have that fear of the 40's being too big for a truck I work out of. I will say though that after seeing an XL in person that it's not THAT big. It's big for sure but it's not bogger big.

What's holding me back now is that you can not get an A/T in a 40. I'd love to see the Toyo R/T or the Nitto Ridge Grappler in a 40 and would swap to 40s the day they make them available but sadly only mud terrains are available in 40s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
            2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
            1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

Stock bumper with flares installed.....
              Attached Files

Comment

Gunslug, here is a picture of surround.

.com, thanks, I was told that having 37's on a work truck would be tough to live with, and can't be done. I loved it, so I figured I would try it. With no lift it is about the same a a 3 inch and 35's. I'll report back after I have put some time in. I do spend most of my time on the road as well, just a weekend warrior, I too though the look of the XL was so BA.

Comment

Gunslug, you should really consider moving the bumper forward, it looks like it would help line up the flair and allow it to be tilted without getting into the fog light.

TTEngineer, have you ever had the Toyo MT. I was worried about the MT before I had them, poor traction in snow, noise, etc. I love this tire! This is why I when the extra mile to make this tire fit.

Comment

Gunslug, try this angle of the surround.

Comment

Last one

Comment

I'm still fitting the bumper flare, but looking pretty good! 37's look tiny in the big ass flare.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Both sides.
                          Attached Files

Comment

looks great

almost makes me want a newer CTD to do this to.
                            03 TJ
                            04.5 dodge
                            11 JKU gone
                            17 JKU, ult 60

Comment

Gunslug, looking great! The flair look great on the stock bumper.

Inline6, I would bet you can do this to your truck. Search for AEV Dave and is camper build. He built a sick 3rd gen ram. Then traded up to the newer body.

I was able to dig up the old photos of the track bar mount that I have to modify for clearance.

You can see the shinny metal where I was rubbing.

Filler

Welded up

Painted

Clearance

Comment

thanks, for now the new Toyos are suiting me well.

If i go 40s, ill just do the fiberglass fenders up front and then a flat bed.
                                03 TJ
                                04.5 dodge
                                11 JKU gone
                                17 JKU, ult 60

Comment

Working...
                                X