No announcement yet.

larger reservoir shocks for AEV RAM?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooper, how much would a set of those fox shocks be? I will be in the area late July! Will you have them dialed in by then?
    2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

Any update on these cooper? When will they be available?
      2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Power Products View Post
        We are working on Internal bypass shocks for both front and rear. 3" so they will be a 2.5" IBP. Hoping to have the prototypes here in the next 3 months.
        Any update on this?

Comment

Bump

Comment

So the bypass shocks for the JK are coming out. How much longer for the RAM ones?

Comment

Originally posted by AEVRAM3500 View Post
              So the bypass shocks for the JK are coming out. How much longer for the RAM ones?
              I plan on buying a set of kings from Don Thuren within the next year. You aught to take a look at his. He has 6 or 7 different valving options.
              2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
              2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
              1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

I am also curious about this topic.

Comment

This is something we are definitely looking into but I don't have a timeline at this time.
                  Chris Holt
                  Marketing Associate, AEV
                  248-926-0256 x272
                  cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Chris View Post
                    This is something we are definitely looking into but I don't have a timeline at this time.
                    Let me know if u need testers.

Comment

Any updates on if this will happen?

Comment

AEV mentioned on Instagram that this is still in the works as of about 6 weeks ago. That have a picture of a Prospector HL flexing off a fork lift. They wont put a timeline out, though. Lots of folks asked about those shocks and the rear HD bumper. The HD bumper is pretty much not happening. Shocks are "still in testing".

I think my solution is going to be sending the shock out to ICON and having them look at the valving stack and then build a set of 2.5" remote resi's with damping control.

Comment

I know, maybe overkill, but on the heavy 3500 I wouldn´t mind having a 3.0 shock on each corner.

Comment

Don’t get me wrong here, more options are always better, but I just don’t think remote reservoir shocks or bypass shocks will offer anything more that the stock shocks in the AEV kit offer. It’s the stock springs that are the issue.

I actually just bought a set of lightly used Thuren ½” coils and plan on swapping them out sometime next year with some semi custom kings from Don.
                            2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
                            2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
                            1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by TTEngineer View Post
                              Don’t get me wrong here, more options are always better, but I just don’t think remote reservoir shocks or bypass shocks will offer anything more that the stock shocks in the AEV kit offer. It’s the stock springs that are the issue.

I actually just bought a set of lightly used Thuren ½” coils and plan on swapping them out sometime next year with some semi custom kings from Don.
                              It is not the shock rates I would buy larger shocks for, it is more the option of being able to adjust them on the fly (loaded, unloaded) and also to have alarger shock the can handle heat better. Not looking for more travel, just better performance when really using the shocks hard.

Comment

Bump, anyupdates from anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X