Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidnightRider View Post
    Bump, anyupdates from anyone?

Not that I've seen and I've been looking. the dualsport is still out of stock for the 2500, and the bronze HD salta wheels revealed a few weeks ago also never materialized. The remote reservoir shocks for the HD were teased sometime over a year ago. It's likely all efforts are going into Gladiator prep and production for JL and Bison.

I might check around some vendors for a left over DualSport; but at this point I'm leaning towards just getting the Icon system. I think it's safe to say development for the current gen ram 2500's is done, and stock will be pretty limited moving forward on stuff.
    Last edited by KurtP; 01-19-2019, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KurtP View Post

Not that I've seen and I've been looking. the dualsport is still out of stock for the 2500, and the bronze HD salta wheels revealed a few weeks ago also never materialized. The remote reservoir shocks for the HD were teased sometime over a year ago. It's likely all efforts are going into Gladiator prep and production for JL and Bison.

I might check around some vendors for a left over DualSport; but at this point I'm leaning towards just getting the Icon system. I think it's safe to say development for the current gen ram 2500's is done, and stock will be pretty limited moving forward on stuff.
      We are waiting on getting in more drilled knuckles to complete the Ram 3" DualSport kit. We won't list them as back in stock and won't sell them until those drilled knuckles are in stock. We did just get some on Friday so once they are inventoried and we can catch up with upfit builds, we will likely announce that the kit is back in stock. The bronze HD Saltas should be here within a few weeks, possibly sooner. We did test fit those bigger shocks once a few months ago but that was just testing and fitment. That was the first set we put on a Ram and we did not definitively mention whether it was something we were going to pursue. It is still being actively worked on but we don't have an end date right now.
      Chris Holt
      Marketing Associate, AEV
      248-926-0256 x272
      cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

Originally posted by AEV Chris View Post

We are waiting on getting in more drilled knuckles to complete the Ram 3" DualSport kit. We won't list them as back in stock and won't sell them until those drilled knuckles are in stock. We did just get some on Friday so once they are inventoried and we can catch up with upfit builds, we will likely announce that the kit is back in stock. The bronze HD Saltas should be here within a few weeks, possibly sooner. We did test fit those bigger shocks once a few months ago but that was just testing and fitment. That was the first set we put on a Ram and we did not definitively mention whether it was something we were going to pursue. It is still being actively worked on but we don't have an end date right now.
        So I purchased a drilled knuckle at an additional cost due to all the concern and issues prior to the recall. Am I eligible for a refund since the knuckles will now be included in the kit?
        2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
        2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
        1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by TTEngineer View Post

So I purchased a drilled knuckle at an additional cost due to all the concern and issues prior to the recall. Am I eligible for a refund since the knuckles will now be included in the kit?
          You will want to give the warranty line a call, 248-926-0256 ext 500. They will be able to get you that information in the most timely manner.
          Chris Holt
          Marketing Associate, AEV
          248-926-0256 x272

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to provide the updated info, Chris. Eager for those bronze saltas to drop so i can get a set ordered.
            Last edited by KurtP; 01-23-2019, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to provide the updated info, Chris. Eager for those bronze saltas to drop so i can get a set ordered.
              We are eager to get you a set as well! We did just get a very limited amount in today but not enough to comfortably pull the trigger and open them for ordering. We want to get some more in inventory before we make them live.
              Chris Holt
              Marketing Associate, AEV
              248-926-0256 x272

Comment

I'm glad to hear about the Bronze Saltas, that sounds fantastic! I would like to put in a request, if possible, for you all to create an 18" wheel for the Rams. I've been denied over and over by almost all of my local tire dealers on installing a 37x12.50R17 tire due to the 124 load index. The only tire available to me locally is the Toyo in the 37x13.50R17, which is too wide but has a high load index of 130 I believe. I'd love to run the KM3 or the Falken Wilpeak ATW3 in a 37x12.50R18 with a 128 load index if possible, as I would not longer have the issue with tire stores refusing to install/mount/service/balance/etc my tires anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Conifer View Post

I'm glad to hear about the Bronze Saltas, that sounds fantastic! I would like to put in a request, if possible, for you all to create an 18" wheel for the Rams. I've been denied over and over by almost all of my local tire dealers on installing a 37x12.50R17 tire due to the 124 load index. The only tire available to me locally is the Toyo in the 37x13.50R17, which is too wide but has a high load index of 130 I believe. I'd love to run the KM3 or the Falken Wilpeak ATW3 in a 37x12.50R18 with a 128 load index if possible, as I would not longer have the issue with tire stores refusing to install/mount/service/balance/etc my tires anymore.
                  I've had similar issues. I had a sit down with the shop manager and showed him the AEV website and had an informed discussion. Stressed that AEV has a factory relationship with Ram and that im selecting my tire size based on their build and testing specs was all my guy needed to see. He said "looks like you've done your research and their engineering looks solid. just bring me the wheels when they get here and we'll get them mounted up for you."

Comment

I've had similar issues. I had a sit down with the shop manager and showed him the AEV website and had an informed discussion. Stressed that AEV has a factory relationship with Ram and that im selecting my tire size based on their build and testing specs was all my guy needed to see. He said "looks like you've done your research and their engineering looks solid. just bring me the wheels when they get here and we'll get them mounted up for you."
                    I tried a similar approach. Since my truck wasn't a factory AEV Prospector conversion, they wouldn't hear about it since I don't have a replacement placard showing a 37" 124 load index, D-rated tire, only the factory one with the 125 load index, 275/70R18 E-rated tires. I suppose at this point I can just take in my wheels and have tires mounted, but it sure is a pain, especially if I ever had to deal with a flat on a road trip and run into the same issue with another tire store.

Comment

Originally posted by Conifer View Post

I tried a similar approach. Since my truck wasn't a factory AEV Prospector conversion, they wouldn't hear about it since I don't have a replacement placard showing a 37" 124 load index, D-rated tire, only the factory one with the 125 load index, 275/70R18 E-rated tires. I suppose at this point I can just take in my wheels and have tires mounted, but it sure is a pain, especially if I ever had to deal with a flat on a road trip and run into the same issue with another tire store.
                      Sounds like it might be best for you to just go back to stock sizing.

Comment

Sounds like it might be best for you to just go back to stock sizing.
                        With an AEV lift? That would look a little silly, hah. At this point, I'm just going to bring in my wheels and tires and have them mounted separately, but I figured an 18" option would certainly be nice for those of us wanting be in spec.

Comment

Working...
                        X