larger reservoir shocks for AEV RAM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bfschor View Post
    Timeline is unknown?!?! If they can’t even identify the year, that leads me to believe they’re not gonna offer anything other than the 5100’s. I’ll just look elsewhere, because I’m not impressed with the 5100’s and won’t be buying them again.
    Through another inquiry from my shop, the limiting factor is Bilstein, and AEV is hoping for May timeline. But the 8100s are coming, according to AEV. Apparently the order has been placed with Bilstein, they're just waiting on Bilstein.

Comment

Well this is good to hear! I’m getting real close to needing new shocks. Thanks for this bit of info, desertfox73.

Comment

Any updates on this? I've seen these on the demo truck, when will they be available? Huge shortage with shocks right now so i assume that bled over into Bilstein too.

Comment

Well, it’s been a hair over 4 months since these shocks were last questioned. I feel like it’s a good time to ask again…….Anyone know if we’re going to see any remote reservoir shocks (8100’s?) coming down the pipe anytime soon??

Comment

Originally posted by bfschor View Post
            Well, it’s been a hair over 4 months since these shocks were last questioned. I feel like it’s a good time to ask again…….Anyone know if we’re going to see any remote reservoir shocks (8100’s?) coming down the pipe anytime soon??
            Looks like they’re done and ready for order on new trucks being built now. Jeff at AEV described them to me as valuable more for folks operating at higher speeds on bad surfaces over longer periods (washboard road, etc.) where you will get shocks hot rather than low speed exploring or crawling, but if you’re that guy, they’re available as a $2k option.

Comment

Originally posted by JimInHB View Post
              Looks like they’re done and ready for order on new trucks being built now. Jeff at AEV described them to me as valuable more for folks operating at higher speeds on bad surfaces over longer periods (washboard road, etc.) where you will get shocks hot rather than low speed exploring or crawling, but if you’re that guy, they’re available as a $2k option.
              Yes - they are currently available on the website for ordering. My truck arrived at AEV two weeks ago and is waiting for the 8100s to arrive. Around that same time I was told by my dealer that the 8100s were at AEV and ready for installation, but my call to AEV yesterday confirmed no inventory yet. Once the shocks arrive, AEV will start working on my truck. I ordered my Prospector XL from my dealer in mid-February, and am hoping to have it by mid-September (again, dependent on 8100s). The upside (downside?) is I've had more time to line up additional mods but the wait is killing me!

Comment

Originally posted by JimInHB View Post
                I can’t say if my current 5100’s are getting hot, I was just hoping for a better riding shock for everyday driving. When I had a JK, I swapped my AEV 5100’s with adjustable Rancho 9000’s and the ride was very noticeably better. If these 8100’s aren’t going to give a noticeable better ride during everyday driving, I’ll go back to the drawing board.

Comment

I just received photos today of my truck, which is complete and waiting to be shipped to me. Photos are of the 8100s, so AEV has at least some kits for install.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3133.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	266876

Comment

Whoa, AEV is selling these? Been waiting for years
                    14 Ram 3500 CCLB, CTD, Auto, AEV lift, Saltas, 37" KO2s, ARB lockers, ARB dual compressor, 2 gallon air tank, Nitro, 4.30 gears, Amsoil everywhere, switch pros 8100

Comment

Bilstein sells 8100’s w/ remote reservoirs for lifted trucks. I wonder if these are the same things? https://www.bilstein.com/us/en/produ...stein-b8-8100/

Comment

Working...
                      X