larger reservoir shocks for AEV RAM?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• larger reservoir shocks for AEV RAM?

I was just wondering if AEV will add some larger shocks to the RAM line up at some point, kind of like the SC to RC kit on the JKs.

For the gas truck it might be fine, but I feel like the Cummins is really heavy with the bumper and winch and it could use a little larger shock. Like a 2.5" reservoir shock would be nice, of course AEV tuned to work perfectly.
    Also once the rear bumper and tire carrier are available, that adds quite a bit of weight in the rear as well.

Any plans on doing something like this in the future? I would be very interested in such a setup!

Thanks! - Ralf
    2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Or am I the only one wishing for a little more shock? Do not get me wrong, it rides and handles amazing, I just feel I could use a little larger shock with a reservoir. I would like to hear what others think...
    2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

I doubt AEV ever makes any other options for the Ram suspension. If I were you I would call up Don Thuren, explain what you are looking for, and have him build you a set of Kings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
      2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
      1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by TTEngineer View Post
        I doubt AEV ever makes any other options for the Ram suspension. If I were you I would call up Don Thuren, explain what you are looking for, and have him build you a set of Kings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        You are probably right, but it does not hurt to ask AEV I think. I have King Shocks on my classic Chevy and they are awesome. However with all the AEV stuff on the truck it would be nice if AEV would offer an upgrade.

I might have to go with King or Fox shocks though. Maybe internal bypass ones.

Hm.... hydraulic bump stops are awesome too.... but lets not go there!

Comment

A reservoir shock would really be ideal for these trucks. Even a Bilstein 5150/5160 would be nice.
          2016 3500 MCSB CTD 4wd, G56, Bighorn, Rambox, Granite Metallic, Amp steps, Amp bed step, AEV lift, Carli radius arms, Carli rear mini-pack, ARB lockers F&R, AAM 4.10 R&Ps, AEV diff covers.

2015 Nash 25C trailer

Comment

Originally posted by AEVRAM3500 View Post
            You are probably right, but it does not hurt to ask AEV I think. I have King Shocks on my classic Chevy and they are awesome. However with all the AEV stuff on the truck it would be nice if AEV would offer an upgrade.

I might have to go with King or Fox shocks though. Maybe internal bypass ones.

Hm.... hydraulic bump stops are awesome too.... but lets not go there!

Bypass shocks would indeed be rad but I think you can only fit them in the rear. I've only seen remote reservoirs in the front and 3.0s fill up the whole space.

I know Carli offers fab'd towers if you want to run longer shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We are working on Internal bypass shocks for both front and rear. 3" so they will be a 2.5" IBP. Hoping to have the prototypes here in the next 3 months.
              Visit us today!http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com

Comment

Specifically for the aev lift? Who is building them?
                14 Ram 3500 CCLB, CTD, Auto, AEV lift, Saltas, 37" KO2s, ARB lockers, ARB dual compressor, 2 gallon air tank, Nitro, 4.30 gears, Amsoil everywhere, switch pros 8100

Comment

Yes specifically for the AEV lift. We are building them, we will be using Fox parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Power Products View Post
                    Yes specifically for the AEV lift. We are building them, we will be using Fox parts.

Sign me up!
                    14 Ram 3500 CCLB, CTD, Auto, AEV lift, Saltas, 37" KO2s, ARB lockers, ARB dual compressor, 2 gallon air tank, Nitro, 4.30 gears, Amsoil everywhere, switch pros 8100

Comment

Tuned to stock springs or aftermarket springs like Carli or Thuren?

Comment

stock springs

Comment

Cool

2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

Comment

I am in for a set as well!

Comment

OMG! I love you guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X