Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DualSport Lift Kit for 2500 with factory air ride?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DualSport Lift Kit for 2500 with factory air ride?

How long before we see an option for the 2500's with factory air ride? If availability is a long way off, how complicated/expensive would it be to purchase coils for the rear and swap out the air ride in order to install the regular 2500 kit? Thanks!
    Last edited by megahouse; 06-29-2017, 07:02 AM.

It's been a few years now. I don't think there is enough demand for AEV to make a special kit for the factory air ride trucks.

My recommendation is to call paul at cjcoffroad - they have done a number of these and come highly recommended. They also sell and install the AEV kits and can advise you on how to proceed.

I'm scheduled to have my 2500 lifted by them at the end of July. However, I do not have factory rear air.

Comment

Originally posted by socaladam View Post
      It's been a few years now. I don't think there is enough demand for AEV to make a special kit for the factory air ride trucks.

My recommendation is to call paul at cjcoffroad - they have done a number of these and come highly recommended. They also sell and install the AEV kits and can advise you on how to proceed.

I'm scheduled to have my 2500 lifted by them at the end of July. However, I do not have factory rear air.
      what lift did you land on.

I still can't make up my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by megahouse View Post
        How long before we see an option for the 2500's with factory air ride? If availability is a long way off, how complicated/expensive would it be to purchase coils for the rear and swap out the air ride in order to install the regular 2500 kit? Thanks!
        This is strictly conjecture on my part but AEV is likely done with the Prospector package. Their bread and butter is Jeep and with the JL and JLU starting production in November 2017 and the JT shortly thereafter they are most likely at full capacity just focusing on that platform, as they should be. Additionally, the current generation of Ram trucks is on the way out. The 1500 redesign is a year out with the HD trucks shortly thereafter. I have been scratching my head as to why AEV would launch the Recruit package for a platform that is going away in a year.

If I were AEV, I would be focused on the JL/JLU right now. Then JT. Then the redesigned Ram in 2019 for the new Ram platform. I would not be putting any effort into the existing Ram platform.

If the indications around the JL/JLU are correct it is going to be a smash hit. The JT with a 420ft/lb 3.0L diesel and 37s is almost irresistible to me. This JT platform has to be exciting for AEV as well. The possibilities for bed are interesting.

Not sure what the new Ram will have in store, but indications from Ram seem to be that the Power Wagon is on the way out to be replaced by a half ton Raptor competitor.
        Ram Laramie Power Wagon
        AEV Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
        Land Rover Discovery SD Series I
        Land Rover 110
        Unimog U1200
        Husqvarna TR650 Terra Touratech

Comment

We have been doing conversions on vehicles with air ride here at the shop for some time now. It will be available in kit form in the coming months.
          Chris Holt
          Marketing Associate, AEV
          248-926-0256 x272
          cholt@aev-conversions.com

Comment

Originally posted by RF2200 View Post
            This is strictly conjecture on my part but AEV is likely done with the Prospector package. Their bread and butter is Jeep and with the JL and JLU starting production in November 2017 and the JT shortly thereafter they are most likely at full capacity just focusing on that platform, as they should be. Additionally, the current generation of Ram trucks is on the way out. The 1500 redesign is a year out with the HD trucks shortly thereafter. I have been scratching my head as to why AEV would launch the Recruit package for a platform that is going away in a year.

If I were AEV, I would be focused on the JL/JLU right now. Then JT. Then the redesigned Ram in 2019 for the new Ram platform. I would not be putting any effort into the existing Ram platform.

If the indications around the JL/JLU are correct it is going to be a smash hit. The JT with a 420ft/lb 3.0L diesel and 37s is almost irresistible to me. This JT platform has to be exciting for AEV as well. The possibilities for bed are interesting.

Not sure what the new Ram will have in store, but indications from Ram seem to be that the Power Wagon is on the way out to be replaced by a half ton Raptor competitor.
            Interesting , while no doubt AEV will make products for the new Wrangler. To me it seems they are moving on to other plat forms.
            "Dont wish for it,work for it."
            2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-Superlift 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets-buffalo key chain

Comment

Originally posted by forsakenfuture View Post
              Interesting , while no doubt AEV will make products for the new Wrangler. To me it seems they are moving on to other plat forms.
              AEV still released a few TJ items after the JK came out (highline system, big brake kits, wheels). I don't think they are done with the Ram or JK at the moment, and there are still enough things that can change on new platforms until they are finalized and in production they may be thinking about designs, but won't go full bore production. There were several of these issues that delayed the front bumper from SEMA on the JK and when it came out.

I am going to be in the market for a pickup in about 12 months, and I will say that the JT intrigues me, but at the same time the Wrangler platform is much more expensive than a full size truck platform since they compete in different markets. I don't think that I will ever see $10,000 in discounts on any Wrangler tuck version that we are seeing on many of the Rams (they are trying to outsell Ford).
              Last edited by JeepinJon; 07-03-2017, 09:01 AM.
              Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
              4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

Well, hopefully AEV releases the products AEV has been working on (pro cal, air ride lift, rear bumper, switch panel, etc). I would like to see AEV finish the Prospector package.

When you can purchase a Power Wagon for a similar price to a JK Rubicon it doesn't make much sense to buy the JK. I own both and have driven the Power Wagon 36,000 miles in two years compared to 4,000 in the JK Rubicon. The upcoming JT is not going to get me out of a full-size truck but I may buy the JT instead of the JLU. If the choice was between the JT and the Power Wagon I would choose the Power Wagon every day.
                Ram Laramie Power Wagon
                AEV Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
                Land Rover Discovery SD Series I
                Land Rover 110
                Unimog U1200
                Husqvarna TR650 Terra Touratech

Comment

Bump for update, have been waiting for this since 2015. Need another set of tires hopefully they'll be 40s

Comment

Shows it for sale on the website....
                    2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

Comment

Thanks, I stopped checking there thinking there would be an announcement here on the forum.

I use my truck for towing tractors and miscellaneous equipment with a gooseneck trailer. Does anyone know which 40" tire has the highest load rating? Or will I have to go down to a 37" tire?

Comment

The 41" IROKs are rated at 3850lbs. That's likely the highest you'll find. I think pretty much everything else is 3195lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by ExpoCrawler View Post
                          The 41" IROKs are rated at 3850lbs. That's likely the highest you'll find. I think pretty much everything else is 3195lbs.
                          I think thats probably the best way to go. Otherwise I'm going to have to find a 20" rim so I can use 20x15.5 tires.
                          Time to start ordering stuff and get my own humble build thread going.

Comment

Working...
                          X