AEV Ram Rear Bumper at SEMA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEV Ram Rear Bumper at SEMA

Just saw this on Facebook!! I can't wait to finally get a real rear bumper.

I can only imagine how much that joker is going to cost. Hopefully with price they will say how much, if any, it lengthens the truck over stock. Just like the front bumper, if it makes the truck longer it wont fit in my garage. Which makes it easier for me to not buy it. Looks good though, kinda like the Brute bumper.

Comment

I'm ready for it, and have the money ready to leave my account.... as long as it has rear swing outs for a tire carrier. I even have rear camera breakout wiring ready to go for a flush mount rear facing camera on the rear wheel.

Comment

Is it going to have a swing out?

Comment

It looks like there is a hole on each side for a possible swing out or accessories.
          Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
          4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepinJon View Post
            It looks like there is a hole on each side for a possible swing out or accessories.
            That is my hope as well.

Comment

I was expecting...more.
              "Dont wish for it,work for it."
              2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-Superlift 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets-buffalo key chain

Comment

I like it, but was hoping to see the actual swing outs too. But it looks like it will have one on each side as an option. Curious on what AEV will do to relocate the B/U cam.
                2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

I'm actually extremely disappointed in it.

It looks like all they did was enlarge the jeep/brute bumper. So we waited years for them to phone in a bumper? I don't think it even matches the rest of the truck and those side tubes just don't match aesthetically. Maybe its just the angle, but from the photo I'm just not impressed. It appears AEV put all its effort into the new Colorado concept, which is awesome, and the new Jeep camper, again awesome, leaving us ram guys as the red headed step child.

I just can't get over the fact that it doesn't look like any serious time or thought was given to this bumper.

I'd like to hear from AEV on why they choose this design.
                  2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
                  2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
                  1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

Got some close up video here:
                    https://www.instagram.com/p/Ba7zh4TH...y=roadtraveler

Originally posted by forsakenfuture View Post
                    I was expecting...more.
                    Same here, really disappointing. From a design standpoint, this looks beautiful. Looks great, I like it. From a functional perspective, what are they thinking with the positioning of the recovery mounts? We're not really getting improved departure angles or better clearance.

Originally posted by TTEngineer View Post
                    I just can't get over the fact that it doesn't look like any serious time or thought was given to this bumper.

I'd like to hear from AEV on why they choose this design.
                    Same thoughts here.

Yes, there is improved clearancing in the corners, and the fender protection is nice, I've actually dented mine there. But those recovery points, are going to drag on everything. Everyone who wheels or has come off of any significant ledge drags the hitch. I have dragged the hit so many times in Moab. So those things, if I was to buy this bumper are going to be worn flat in no time.

I've been looking forward to an AEV rear bumper. I'd really like to actually test this thing myself, but I suspect the big problem I see with it would just hold true.

I regularly wheel my Power Wagon in Moab, like so.

I've got a good pal with an AEV Prospector Power Wagon I've spent time wheeling with, so like to think I have some idea how these trucks perform and what we need.

Last edited by BoldAdventure; 11-01-2017, 04:01 PM.
                    2015 Ram Power Wagon Expo/Tow Rig
                    Moab Tested 16/17

Comment

Originally posted by BoldAdventure View Post
                      Got some close up video here:
                      https://www.instagram.com/p/Ba7zh4TH...y=roadtraveler

Same here, really disappointing. From a design standpoint, this looks beautiful. Looks great, I like it. From a functional perspective, what are they thinking with the positioning of the recovery mounts?

Same thoughts here.
                      WTF! Those side tubes turn down!

Man I really dislike this thing now, and to top it off its a prototype and not production ready! Y'all know what that means, at least another year till they even start to consider shipping.

I really think they need to go back to the design board and reimagine this bumper while listening to what the customer is asking for.

Comment

Originally posted by BoldAdventure View Post

I regularly wheel my Power Wagon in Moab, like so.

What bumper and rack is that on the white truck?

Comment

Doesn’t look like much worse departure angle, pretty much restricted by the hitch anyway and this allows for the bumper to drag just before the hitch which I would prefer if the bumper can take the occasional abuse. I have put pretty good weight on the front bumper tow points (drug on boulder and a double haul pull that maxed out the winch) with very little damage during the drag. Cosmetic. . I’ll take the added protection from the sides and winch capability in trade for minimal loss of departure angle. This would have saved me a bumper and rear corner damage. Especially if swingout tire carrier is in the mix.

I like it. Sign me up.
                          Last edited by Wapitihunter; 11-01-2017, 06:23 PM.
                          2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo M/T -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

Comment

Good find on the video. No mention of winch. Hopefully that’s an option.
                            2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo M/T -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100

Comment

Interesting:https://instagram.com/p/BazPpDKDwBf/
                              also they have a very similar to aev front bumper. Wonder if they have a skid plate I could modify.

Comment

Working...
                              X