No announcement yet.

2018 Ram 2018 questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris, Dave, Jeff, any update on this? I´d like to use the available incentives on the "old model 18" RAM before the new one comes out. But for me I would need to have the ProCal working on the '18 model. So is this working out now?

thanks!
    2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

Also what is the staus of the Air suspension 1500 system? I would need to know both. finding a new 2017 now without air is not easy.
      2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

Bump for a 2018 answer.

Comment

Bump again, as this is getting urgent! I need to know if I shall pull the trigger on an 2018 wit air ride or not due to being unsure of the availability of the air suspension AEV system and the progress on the 2018 ProCal.

Please let me know ASAP. Otherwise the truck is gone....

Comment

Does AEV not monitor their own forum? That's rather surprising.

Comment

If you look up the crawler for this site on vBulletin, they have come in here to read, just refuse to answer. I honestly am going to pass on AEV products from now on if they can't answer a simple question. I think they could care less however. It was a good run while it lasted, but it seems customer service is going to the wayside as they continue to grow. Sad really.

Comment

Originally posted by Conifer View Post
                Does AEV not monitor their own forum? That's rather surprising.
                Ever since the forum software switch they've been super quiet. Usage appears to have gone down quite a bit too.
                2014 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 6'4" bed currently stock
                2009 Dodge 1500 Sport on 35's - Totaled
                1999 2Dr Tahoe on 38's - Sold

Comment

AEV doesn't comment on future parts until they are available. It is easy to promise something, and then have something happen between making the promise and production that limits or delays availability of a feature. Better to under promise over deliver than the other way around.

This has been the case since the early 2000's with Jeep parts, and a lot of people looking at the JK in 2006 when it came out postponed or went another route due to the same lack of comment. If you don't have a timeline and are willing to wait for the parts eventually AEV will test them and release them to you, but you will know that you are not the beta tester of their products.
                  Last edited by JeepinJon; 03-13-2018, 09:38 AM.
                  Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
                  4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

Thanks AEV Chris!

But we aren't asking for a committed date or timeline. Only if there is a commitment to bring ProCal to the 2018 in the future, and if so, will the ones with current purchase installs be able to update or exchange their ProCal to one that will work.

But again, thanks AEV Chris!

Originally posted by JeepinJon View Post
                    AEV doesn't comment on future parts until they are available. It is easy to promise something, and then have something happen between making the promise and production that limits or delays availability of a feature. Better to under promise over deliver than the other way around.

This has been the case since the early 2000's with Jeep parts, and a lot of people looking at the JK in 2006 when it came out postponed or went another route due to the same lack of comment. If you don't have a timeline and are willing to wait for the parts eventually AEV will test them and release them to you, but you will know that you are not the beta tester of their products.

Comment

I was just at AEV to pick up my 2018 Ram 2500 Prospector XL. Awesome place! Total kid in a candy store experience. They set up the electronics perfect. I'm driving the truck home now and speedo and everything else is flawless. They have a fix if the dealer needs to do a hard reset on the computer as well. I understand that the Procal or replacement for the 2018's are almost available....maybe next month??

Comment

Working...
                      X