No announcement yet.

On-Board High Performance 12 Volt Air Compressor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubitrux has installed a few as well - ask for Jesse.

Comment

Originally posted by AEVRAM3500 View Post

Awesome, thanks for the info. Do you have the part # on what you have used? Did everything bolt right in, or did you have to modify anything for the AEV lift?
      No need to modify anything. Simple bolt in installation.
      2016 3500 MCSB CTD 4wd, G56, Bighorn, Rambox, Granite Metallic, Amp steps, Amp bed step, AEV lift, Carli radius arms, Carli rear mini-pack, ARB lockers F&R, AAM 4.10 R&Ps, AEV diff covers.

2015 Nash 25C trailer

Comment

Awesome, thanks!
        2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo_Pilot View Post

No need to modify anything. Simple bolt in installation.
          Are you using the airbags with the AEV Bump stop bracket or did you go straight to the frame? I installed mine over the top of the AEV bracket and one side requires a bit more "massaging" then the other side. Here are a photo of how I setup mine. I have few thousand miles on this setup and its been great. Makes leveling the truck and camper at camp a breeze!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Spixelz View Post

Are you using the airbags with the AEV Bump stop bracket or did you go straight to the frame? I installed mine over the top of the AEV bracket and one side requires a bit more "massaging" then the other side. Here are a photo of how I setup mine. I have few thousand miles on this setup and its been great. Makes leveling the truck and camper at camp a breeze!

I have a 3500, so definitely a different setup. I am using zero AEV parts on the rear of my truck. Have Carli mini-packs on the leaf springs.
            2016 3500 MCSB CTD 4wd, G56, Bighorn, Rambox, Granite Metallic, Amp steps, Amp bed step, AEV lift, Carli radius arms, Carli rear mini-pack, ARB lockers F&R, AAM 4.10 R&Ps, AEV diff covers.

2015 Nash 25C trailer

Comment

I wanted to ensure mine stayed clean so I decided to go with mounting under the hood. I found the best place was on top of the fuse box. I spray painted the box with metallic paint, and added a EM shield to prevent interference with anything in the fuse box. So far, I love it. I have used it to air up my tires and it works perfect.
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm running an ARB twin under passenger's seat. I mounted it there to keep it and dry and corrosion free (I live in Florida). The stock jack is pretty much useless, so I removed it and the mount. I mounted the compressor using rubber isolation mounts to limit vibration.

I used one existing jack mount nut insert and drilled 3 new holes for other mounts. There is a convenient unused plug in the floor below the compressor. I had to use a 90° fitting on the compressor outlet to clear the seat sliding mechanism. Ran hose and wires through it and resealed. The compressor tucks neatly under the seat and the jack plastic cover hides it nicely.

The ARB tank is mounted under the middle on the DEF tank crossmember along with ARB manifold. For now I ran air into the fuel door area using the DEF filler hole. This keeps everything clean. I plan on running air to the front bumper at a later date also.
                Last edited by gunslug; 03-18-2019, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X