No announcement yet.

2017 AEV RAM 1500 build in Germany

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you! Yes the 1500 is a lot lighter and more comfortable. But it is sad that you can´t add lockers front and rear. That is what I love about the 3500, it is big and heavy but bullet proof, plus ARBs and the best is the Cummins with the 6-speed manual! You just can´t beat that. That is why I can´t get rid of my 3500. I love it too much! But unfortunately here, I have to sellte for a 1500. Which is huge for Germany in comparison! Tough to park that anywhere here and it won´t even fit through some of the smaller streets! Crazy how different the countries are, but there are things in both countries I like and I hate. I couldn´t really pick one over the other though.

Since I can´t go offroad as much in Europe, as it is not allowed in most places, the 1500 will be fine. And for the big stuff I just travel to the states and fire up the 3500.
    2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

And here is a teaser of what "different" approach I did on the bumper on the 1500, as it is a SPORT and has everything in body color. hoops stays black. I think it´ll look really nice.
      2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

So Suspension is all in. that is what it looks like before the bumper and winch.

Comment

Unfortunately the holes in the AEV winch mount plate were off! We had to redill them and paint the mounting plate after. Not a big deal, but not something I expected from AEV, especially by using a ZEON 10-s winch, which they tell you to use. Maybe AEV should check into that. Just to make sure it won´t become a huge issue.

Comment

Originally posted by AEVRAM3500 View Post
            Unfortunately the holes in the AEV winch mount plate were off! We had to redill them and paint the mounting plate after. Not a big deal, but not something I expected from AEV, especially by using a ZEON 10-s winch, which they tell you to use. Maybe AEV should check into that. Just to make sure it won´t become a huge issue.
            That is odd, I have put Zeon10s' and a VR10s' in without concern.

Comment

AEVRAM3500 need more pictures of this build! Please get that hood and grille installed!

Comment

Originally posted by RKSTAR View Post

That is odd, I have put Zeon10s' and a VR10s' in without concern.
                Not used to that from AEV either. Everything else fit fine!

Comment

Originally posted by BlowFish12 View Post
                  AEVRAM3500 need more pictures of this build! Please get that hood and grille installed!
                  Hood is still at the paint shop, but bumper and grille are on!

Comment

And here with the filler panels and headlights back in. Just needs hood, front flares, winch rope and the fog light bezels now. Plus stuff like allignment, etc. and the most critical thing in Germany. It needs to pass the TÜV. :/

Comment

It's beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by BlowFish12 View Post
                        It's beautiful!
                        Thank you! Finally made some more progeress.. see next post....

Comment

OK, heat reduction hood is back from the paint shop, installed and the LED fog lights and retrofitted LED headlights are in and all wired up. No messages. Thanks to Jeremy from retrusho.us. Awesome work as usual!

Things still to do... spool up the winch rope and install the Factor 55 Ultrahook, fog light bezels, black emblems all around and install the front cam with the jail breaker system from custom tronix.

Hopefully it will be done in a week or two.

Comment

If stormtroopers drove trucks...

Comment

Originally posted by cwford View Post
                              If stormtroopers drove trucks...
                              would be a cool picture with someone wearing a storm trooper outfit next to the truck! Good one!

Comment

Can't wait till it's done and outside in the wild. Would love to see some full side profile shots of it when it's done. This thing is just amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X