AEV Draglink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEV Draglink

New member here. Have had my 2016 Prospector over a year now (#50 built) and at 35k, my draglink is worn and is being warrantied by the local dealer. Got 35k out of the BFGs and have Nitto Ridge Grapplers and had an alignment done because my truck has always had a right hand pull since new, and recently (last thousand miles) I have had horrendous death wobble, that’s when we found the draglink was shot.

Issue is, AEV needs pics etc and the dealer has to special
    order IF AEV even approves the warranty, so in the mean time I get to drive around for however many weeks it take them to decide with loose steering and death wobble wanting to creep in... which also, the Bilsteins are shot as well. My truck is like a pogostick.

Well the rest of my post did not show up... I was asking is their any heavier duty brand of draglink anyone is using?

Also looking at Fox for shock replacements, but for cost reasons also looking at Rancho 7000 or 9000. I’m wanting to get the rebound under control. Any suggestions there? Truck is loaded like a tank with a bedside and a lot of gear as well as a Leer shell and rack. So it’s heavy. It’s mainly used as a DD 100 miles daily, but moderately used off road, nothing major.

Comment

Synergy for steering. https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-1...tegory_id=4060
      2016 3500 MCSB CTD 4wd, G56, Bighorn, Rambox, Granite Metallic, Amp steps, Amp bed step, AEV lift, Carli radius arms, Carli rear mini-pack, ARB lockers F&R, AAM 4.10 R&Ps, AEV diff covers.

2015 Nash 25C trailer

Comment

Did you ever get this resolved?

Comment

After I finally got the drag link replaced by the dealer,

I still had a little bit of death wobble but part of that is because my dealer is an idiot as they set it to a factory spec stock truck .

Then I received a recall notice from AEV that the factory passenger side knuckle was not machined correctly so they sent me a brand new knuckle that’s been machined and has an insert installed as well as a brand new drag link they are wanting the driaglink back for inspection.

I haven’t done the work yet because I’m going to purchase Dyna track ball joints and install them at the same time.
          Last edited by War Wagon; 06-11-2019, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Ok Thank you I appreciate the info

Comment

Comment

Can AEV update what kind of photo files it will except? HEIC is the new wave of photos, jpeg is old tech. I just found this out trying to upload pics. Thanks guys.

Comment

I've got a 2018 PXL and the dealer recall solution for the draglink was to 'weld the draglink nuts in place' so that they don't come loose during operation. However, doing so has now made it impossible to get the wheel to 12 o'clock when driving straight. I'm sitting at about 10-11 when going straight down the freeway. I"ve had numerous alignments and all the works. Constantly having to hold the wheel to the left is rather annoying. I thought this was a temporary solution but from the sounds of it FCA is deeming that the permanent necessary solution for the problem. Anyone else see a problem with that?

AEV do you have any insight into this matter?

Comment

Originally posted by forbee View Post
                    I've got a 2018 PXL and the dealer recall solution for the draglink was to 'weld the draglink nuts in place' so that they don't come loose during operation. However, doing so has now made it impossible to get the wheel to 12 o'clock when driving straight. I'm sitting at about 10-11 when going straight down the freeway. I"ve had numerous alignments and all the works. Constantly having to hold the wheel to the left is rather annoying. I thought this was a temporary solution but from the sounds of it FCA is deeming that the permanent necessary solution for the problem. Anyone else see a problem with that?

if it's any consolation, my stock truck does the exact same thing and it pisses me off greatly. Admittedly, I dont understand how what they did is causing the issue....can someone explain it to me? Because having the wheel cocked as a permanent solution....isn't.....

Comment

Originally posted by forbee View Post

I have this same problem with a stock 2018 2500. It also has a severe vibration at highway speed. Don’t know if they are related or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X