37s and up Alignment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 37s and up Alignment

So I just bought a 2017 PW with AEV lift, saltas, and 37 BFG KO2s. When driving it back from Ohio I noticed the truck pulls to the right..enough to make my arm tired from correcting it. I’ve been doing research on alignments on and off of the forum and have called about 10 different shops of all type (Chicago area) and apparently no one can align the truck?

Where is everyone with 37s or bigger getting alignments done? Especially cautious because I know the BFGs will have wear issues if things are not right. Thanks.

Comment

Try calling Attitude Performance. I heard good things about them, and they know lifted trucks.

Comment

Called them. Couldn’t do it. Found thalmanns. They have been doing a great job trouble shooting with me. Still pulling to the right.

Comment

Have you tried rotating the tires yet?
          2016 RAM Power Wagon Laramie

Comment

Rotated them, adjusted pressure to 45f/40r and going to see how that plays out.

Comment

drag and track bar.....how many miles are you guys seeing on the prospector before those go tits up? Still chasing the alignment issues is why I ask. My truck has 34K miles and not sure when the PO installed the AEV lift. Maybe time to replace those??

Comment

Need help! Finally got my truck to drive straight without a right pull and the steering wheel is straight but it was all at the expense of my alignment technician moving the axle forward on the right side of the truck. So now the front right tire doesn’t sit in the middle of the wheel well and rubs constantly. This can’t be the solution. How do I get an AEV tech in the phone with my tech to make sure this is done right?

Right and left pics for comparison

Comment

The axle wont be centered in the wheel well with the aev kit. It pushes it forward from the factory location.

However, the passenger side looks to be significantly further forward than the driver side. Not really sure how your alignment guy even did that.
                  2016 RAM Power Wagon Laramie

Comment

Yeah, I’m paranoid right now. Towing horses to Taos from Chicago on Wed and happy the truck drives straight but not happy I’m going to be rubbing hard core on the right fender well in parking lots and around town. I’ll have to start over when I get back on tackling this problem. Frustrated!!!

Comment

Was the truck previously crashed?

Comment

Nope

Comment

Mine was pulling a little and it was the bushing at the drag link that went. Replaced that and the issue was gone. The KO2 are not the perfect rire for that heavy of a truck. Whatever the alignment shop did on your truck they seriously messed it up! Try to replace the drag link bushing (check first) and mine has 35000 miles on it and that is when the stuff like drag link and panhard bar start to go. Shoudl be replaced at least ever 30000, unfortunately. And I would try different tires. I will go to the TOYO MT as the nex tire. (37")
                          2015 RAM 3500 CC Laramie, Cummins, G56, 3.73, ARB (front), 37" BFG KO2, AEV bumper, Dual Sport Suspension, Air Intake w/ pre filter, Salta HD wheels, D2S 4.0 Bi-Xenon retrofit...

Comment

Thank you for that, I’ll take a look!

Comment

Oddly enough I just took my 2017 Prospector in the get an alignment today because it was pulling to the right. They told me my trac bar bushings were shot. It has 52,000 miles on it and now I’m looking for bushings. I hope that fixes mine.

DE

Comment

Working...
                              X