X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KurtP
    replied
    Originally posted by Agar426 View Post

All good points, I appreciate your input! I have the H&S tuner on my 6.7 with DPF delete. It runs great, plenty of power, decent mileage, especially considering it's lifted with 35s (although the lift is small...Carli "starter" kit, which is a ~2+" longer coil in front, and a replacement main leaf in the back, providing ~1" of lift). I can't stand the interior of that gen of Rams. It's uncomfortable on trips that are anything over two hours long, they are boring to look at, yada, yada, yada. Much better than the previous gen, but not nearly as nice as the current, and then the 2019 takes it to a new level.

I would absolutely be up for a screaming deal on a 2018, and then see if I could do the Prospector. Honestly, I don't need too many bells and whistles. All I want is the big screen and the 5 seat configuration. I would also like the upgraded headlights. Unfortunately, you need to step up to the Lariat to get that stuff.
    No worries and good luck! I'm always a debbie downer with that stuff. I dont make a ton of money and dont like debt...so, my default is always "the one you have is cheaper than the one you dont" hahahhaa boring, i know.....

Leave a comment:

• Agar426
    replied
    Originally posted by KurtP View Post
    How much do you tow? How much do you have the engine turned up? Have you run into a situation where the 800lbft yours has wasnt sufficient, and you needed 900? Why not spend $2k on some parts for your transmission or $5k on a complete new built transmission for the Ram you already have instead of spending $50k on a new truck?? do you want the first year of a bunch of new interior and electronic items and the first year of a new motor and trans? I know I don't.

Everything is outdated within a couple years anyway. I knew the new truck is coming out in a year or two, so I saved a ton of money by buying the 2018 I had my eye on over black friday. The new truck will be out in a year or so and it will be nice. A couple years after that when its sorted it'll be even nicer. A year or so after that, when AEV makes products for it, it'll be great. You can have a whole lot of fun and use out of the one you have now between now and then. **shrug**

Its going to be an all new truck. AEV likey wont release anything for it for 2-3 years until they can determine if its profitable for them to make anything for it, go through design, testing, and then release. The new gladiator will become priority number one soon. The new wrangler will remain a high priority for a couple years. If Chevy comes to them for factory 1500-2500 truck work like they did for Bison, that will become the priority. I would be surprised if the new Ram trucks are even in the que at AEV yet.

id say tune the engine and trans you have now, put a better valve body and a case brace on the trans (more if you tow really heavy a lot) lift it, and enjoy it for the next 5 years and get a new one then. Otherwise you will deal with a truck that has first year growing pains and years on this forum asking “aev lift for 2020hd?” To no answers.
    All good points, I appreciate your input! I have the H&S tuner on my 6.7 with DPF delete. It runs great, plenty of power, decent mileage, especially considering it's lifted with 35s (although the lift is small...Carli "starter" kit, which is a ~2+" longer coil in front, and a replacement main leaf in the back, providing ~1" of lift). I can't stand the interior of that gen of Rams. It's uncomfortable on trips that are anything over two hours long, they are boring to look at, yada, yada, yada. Much better than the previous gen, but not nearly as nice as the current, and then the 2019 takes it to a new level.

I would absolutely be up for a screaming deal on a 2018, and then see if I could do the Prospector. Honestly, I don't need too many bells and whistles. All I want is the big screen and the 5 seat configuration. I would also like the upgraded headlights. Unfortunately, you need to step up to the Lariat to get that stuff.

Leave a comment:

• KurtP
    replied
    How much do you tow? How much do you have the engine turned up? Have you run into a situation where the 800lbft yours has wasnt sufficient, and you needed 900? Why not spend $2k on some parts for your transmission or $5k on a complete new built transmission for the Ram you already have instead of spending $50k on a new truck?? do you want the first year of a bunch of new interior and electronic items and the first year of a new motor and trans? I know I don't.

Everything is outdated within a couple years anyway. I knew the new truck is coming out in a year or two, so I saved a ton of money by buying the 2018 I had my eye on over black friday. The new truck will be out in a year or so and it will be nice. A couple years after that when its sorted it'll be even nicer. A year or so after that, when AEV makes products for it, it'll be great. You can have a whole lot of fun and use out of the one you have now between now and then. **shrug**

Its going to be an all new truck. AEV likey wont release anything for it for 2-3 years until they can determine if its profitable for them to make anything for it, go through design, testing, and then release. The new gladiator will become priority number one soon. The new wrangler will remain a high priority for a couple years. If Chevy comes to them for factory 1500-2500 truck work like they did for Bison, that will become the priority. I would be surprised if the new Ram trucks are even in the que at AEV yet.

id say tune the engine and trans you have now, put a better valve body and a case brace on the trans (more if you tow really heavy a lot) lift it, and enjoy it for the next 5 years and get a new one then. Otherwise you will deal with a truck that has first year growing pains and years on this forum asking “aev lift for 2020hd?” To no answers.

Last edited by KurtP; 12-11-2018, 03:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Agar426
    started a topic 2019 Ram HD?

2019 Ram HD?

With the rumors of the 2019 Ram HD being a "refresh" of the 2018 model, with the complete redesign slated a couple of years afterward, what does that mean for AEV? Would they produce products for a model that will only be around for a couple of years? I am in the market for a new Cummins, and was trying to find a way to make it a prospector. I really like the current body style, although I do like the idea that the 2019 model will carry the new interior, which is awesome.....but, there is also talk of the new 8 spd auto, and possibly an updated Cummins with 900+ lb.ft. Should I wait for the updated Ram? I currently have a 6.7 Cummins Ram 2500, but I am paranoid about the tranny with the 6spd auto, just based on internet talk mostly, but it's still in the back of my mind. I think the Prospector is just plain awesome, but it's very expensive, and.....soon to be "outdated" as compared to the current offerings.

Anyhow, just thinking out loud......
Working...
X