Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Explorerinil
    • Jan 2019

AEV Salta and dynatrac hubs

I have a set of salta’s on my truck, absolutely love them! Does anyone have any pics of what they trimmed to clear a set of dynatrac hubs? I know it can be done, I’m just hopping I don’t have to increase the size of the hub bore.

Im sure someone out there has AEV ram wheels and free spin hubs.

Thanks!
  • Explorerinil
    • Jan 2019

Looks like it will fit with very minor trimming to the center cap.

Comment

• Isle of Mud
      • Feb 2018

I am very interested in how this goes! After my right rear speed sensor failed and I lost my 4x4 out on a trail Moab last month. Manual transfer case with auto hubs...I am going Dynatrac as you are. Please update me!

Comment

• Explorerinil
        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Isle of Mud
        I am very interested in how this goes! After my right rear speed sensor failed and I lost my 4x4 out on a trail Moab last month. Manual transfer case with auto hubs...I am going Dynatrac as you are. Please update me!
        I got a thread on expedition portal forum on it, seams like not much interest in this. FYI I found the AEV rims with the center cap removed will not clear the hubs. My AEV rims have a date with a router which will widen them out enough to clear, but not effect anything structural. I should be done with this the last week of March... been busy at work.

Comment

• Manchester
          • Mar 2015

Comment

• Explorerinil
            • Jan 2019

Thanks, I can slide the hub through ththe wheel, just the center cap seams to be the problem. In that thread it looks like he bored the hub of the wheel out.... something must have changed because I can slide the dynatrac hub through my AEV rim and it just hits in the center cap.... I hope AEV will end this and comment.

Comment

• Explorerinil
              • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Isle of Mud
              They fit, got it together, just had to hack the hell out of the center cap, doesn’t look bad with salta rims with trim ring. I wish AEV would make there rims clear these hubs without modifications. I’ll post some pics soon when I get time.

Comment

• Explorerinil
                • Jan 2019

All done, rims took allot of trimming on th center caps.

Comment

• texastonka
                  • Jul 2017

Did you have to modify the wheel at all or just take a hole saw to the center cap? Dynatrac says they have tested figment and approve their spin kit for the AEV wheels.
                  Dynatrac has confirmed the fitment of the following wheels:

-RAM Power wagon
                  -2010-2012 Factory RAM wheels -AEV RAM wheels
                  -BMF RAM wheels

Comment

• Explorerinil
                    • Jan 2019

Originally posted by texastonka
                    Did you have to modify the wheel at all or just take a hole saw to the center cap? Dynatrac says they have tested figment and approve their spin kit for the AEV wheels.
                    Dynatrac has confirmed the fitment of the following wheels:

-RAM Power wagon
                    -2010-2012 Factory RAM wheels -AEV RAM wheels
                    -BMF RAM wheels
                    Yes their website says that... they are wrong, I had to seriously cut the center cap on the aev wheels, and you need to do the rears also if you want to rotate them.

Comment

• texastonka
                      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Explorerinil

Yes their website says that... they are wrong, I had to seriously cut the center cap on the aev wheels, and you need to do the rears also if you want to rotate them.
                      Why would you have to cut the rear center caps? Just reuse take out the cut center caps and put on the rear wheels when you rotate? Talking with Dynatrac they say it is VERY close and easier just to eliminate the center cap up front and even then it is tight. The AEV Ram wheel center hole diameter is 4.772”. That just barely fits the Free Spin Kit hub that requires a 4.765” pilot. I believe the hub cap would completely be eliminated due to the tight tolerance, but I can’t be certain.

Comment

• Explorerinil
                        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by texastonka

Why would you have to cut the rear center caps? Just reuse take out the cut center caps and put on the rear wheels when you rotate? Talking with Dynatrac they say it is VERY close and easier just to eliminate the center cap up front and even then it is tight. The AEV Ram wheel center hole diameter is 4.772”. That just barely fits the Free Spin Kit hub that requires a 4.765” pilot. I believe the hub cap would completely be eliminated due to the tight tolerance, but I can’t be certain.
                        You can pop the center cap out of the aev wheels, they still are not close to clearing the hubs, not remotely close. Dynatrac is wrong in saying on their site they work. The bore of the aev wheel fits, just the center cap doesn’t.

Comment

• 1Goodbeer
                          • Dec 2017

Looks Like a month olt thread here but my PXL is up at the shop with new Dynatrac Hubs and no wheels because they are not even close to fitting!!! I'm on Katlas so I need 17x10's and no one really makes them but AEV!! I'm Fuc5ed!!!! and Pissed....

Comment

Working...