Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ram HD with Salts Wheel. What size tire?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram HD with Salts Wheel. What size tire?

Getting ready to purchase a 2012 Ram 3500. I want to run the Salts wheel. Truck has a leveling kit and 20” wheels. I want to maintain the OEM look. What size 17” tire should I run.

It’s its leveled you don’t want to run the stock tire size, if you want something simple, that you can fit in the spare tire location, get in E rated and have a ton of options. Look at a 35x12.50r17, Toyo and falken are both about the best tire choices. Make sure your toe in is set at 0 so your tires don’t wear on the outside edges, which is common with the bad factory alignment specs and larger than stock tires.

Comment

I asked one of our techs and this is what he said : "we've tested a 35x12.50 BF Goodrich with a similar truck and it cleared".

Comment

Thanks RJ.

Comment

Originally posted by scootr29 View Post
          Thanks RJ.
          Do you mean 35 x 12.5?

Comment

Do you mean 35 x 12.5?
            Yes! I'm sorry. I've edited the original post for clarity.

Thanks for catching that.

Comment

I run 285/75's on the Salta HD's on my 2012 Power Wagon. The tires are roughly a 34x11.50. According to Ram the Power Wagon is about 2" taller (I think it's close to 1 inch). These pic's aren't the best, but they might give you a rough idea of what you're looking for.
              2012 Ram Power Wagon
              Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, Salta HD Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo A/T II Tires

Comment

Originally posted by 04Ram2500Hemi View Post
                I run 285/75's on the Salta HD's on my 2012 Power Wagon. The tires are roughly a 34x11.50. According to Ram the Power Wagon is about 2" taller (I think it's close to 1 inch). These pic's aren't the best, but they might give you a rough idea of what you're looking for.
                Thanks and looks good.

So I can safely run a 33” or 34” tire on a Salta with no rubbing

Comment

Thanks and looks good.

I've had zero rubbing issues on my 2012 Power Wagon. I've even got room for chains on all four tires.
                  2012 Ram Power Wagon
                  Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, Salta HD Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo A/T II Tires

Comment

Thanks and looks good.

Yes, I ran a 285/75 Toyo at for a bit on AEV salta rims when stock, no rub.

Comment

Getting ready to purchase a 2012 Ram 3500. I want to run the Salts wheel. Truck has a leveling kit and 20” wheels. I want to maintain the OEM look. What size 17” tire should I run.
                      Here is a 37x12.50 on a salta rim with a 3 inch carli kit, truck sits about 2.5 inches higher than stock with the bumper and whinch, no rub.

Comment

Originally posted by Explorerinil View Post

Yes, I ran a 285/75 Toyo at for a bit on AEV salta rims when stock, no rub.
                        Did that setup stick out past the fenders? Wouls liek to be flush if possible.

Comment

Did that setup stick out past the fenders? Wouls liek to be flush if possible.
                          Here is the only side shot I have, it’s comparing a 13.50 mt to the 12.50 rt. AEV rims sit pretty much flush... you won’t be in happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Explorerinil View Post

Here is the only side shot I have, it’s comparing a 13.50 mt to the 12.50 rt. AEV rims sit pretty much flush... you won’t be in happy.
                            Thanks for the pics

Comment

Working...
                            X