19+ ram and AEV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19+ ram and AEV

I’m really considering a new 3500 ram HO cummins... part of me wants to go order the truck now. Is AEV working on the new 19+ ram platform? If so do you know if a new prospector will be released within the next year or so?

Originally posted by Explorerinil View Post
    I’m really considering a new 3500 ram HO cummins... part of me wants to go order the truck now. Is AEV working on the new 19+ ram platform? If so do you know if a new prospector will be released within the next year or so?
    I don't have a firm date quite yet, but yes we are expecting to have a new RAM HD vehicle available within the next 12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by aevRJ View Post

I don't have a firm date quite yet, but yes we are expecting to have a new RAM HD vehicle available within the next 12 months.
      Awesome that’s great news! I can’t wait, now pleas work on a rear bumper! I loved the bumper you had at SEMA, just wish I could get one on my truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Explorerinil View Post

Awesome that’s great news! I can’t wait, now pleas work on a rear bumper! I loved the bumper you had at SEMA, just wish I could get one on my truck.
        The rear bumper will be happening soon. Once again, I can't give dates, but things are looking good there.

Comment

The rear bumper will be happening soon. Once again, I can't give dates, but things are looking good there.
          I’ll tell you what, send me one and I won’t tell anyone! Just kidding, but seriously I know of several people including myself that want one.

Comment

Does this mean Prospector XL?

Comment

Originally posted by Dcz71 View Post

Does this mean Prospector XL?
              That means both Prospector and Prospector XL. I don't know which will be first, but they're both being actively developed.

I know the demand for the rear bumper has been high, and we appreciate everyone's patience. I'll try to keep y'all as up to date as I can.

Comment

That means both Prospector and Prospector XL. I don't know which will be first, but they're both being actively developed.

I know the demand for the rear bumper has been high, and we appreciate everyone's patience. I'll try to keep y'all as up to date as I can.
                Every time I see a Prospector XL it gives me bad intentions. It’s one of the few things that makes my Power Wagon feel small.
                2012 Ram Power Wagon
                Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, Salta HD Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo A/T II Tires

Comment

Any idea if the pricing will be inline with or similar to the current XL package? Will the program be the same as far as shipping a truck to you to be modified?

Comment

Ram seems to be the red-headed step child. I love what they do with the Jeep brand. Love what they’ve done with Ram. Hate the fact that they’ve put their followers (Ram and Jeep) on the back burner while they waste time and money on other manufacturers. They’ve never been quick to release anything, now that they have their hand in too much, it’ll be even worse.

You won’t see much for you’re new body style til, my guess, end of 2020 if not 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by walker111 View Post
                      Ram seems to be the red-headed step child. I love what they do with the Jeep brand. Love what they’ve done with Ram. Hate the fact that they’ve put their followers (Ram and Jeep) on the back burner while they waste time and money on other manufacturers. They’ve never been quick to release anything, now that they have their hand in too much, it’ll be even worse.

You won’t see much for you’re new body style til, my guess, end of 2020 if not 2021.
                      I agree to a degree, AEV makes great products and are very innovative, but however they are super slow, customer service sometimes lacks. They should focus on getting Jeep and ram stuff out quickly and keeping current on new body styles. None the less I will continue to drool over their stuff and have their products on my vehicles.

Comment

You are making my truck shopping difficult. I was about ready to buy a Raptor since I need a full size truck, but now I am debating waiting until you have the 2019+ Ram packages available.
                        Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
                        4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

Since AEV started making aftermarket products they have never been quick to the market, but once they come out they have been the best in the market. Great example is the JK rear bumper. The JK came out in late 2007, and the rear bumper was somewhere around 2009/10 if I remember correctly. To be honest I have a feeling there will be a lot coming in 2020 for the JL/JT and Rams.
                          Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
                          4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepinJon View Post

Since AEV started making aftermarket products they have never been quick to the market, but once they come out they have been the best in the market. Great example is the JK rear bumper. The JK came out in late 2007, and the rear bumper was somewhere around 2009/10 if I remember correctly. To be honest I have a feeling there will be a lot coming in 2020 for the JL/JT and Rams.
                            Agreed. However if they weren’t dickin around with chevy’s or Toyota wheels, they would’ve came up with the rear bumper for the 4th gen. Instead, they’ll stop, or have stopped fabricating parts for the 4th gen and start with the 5th gen. Believe me, I’m a fan, I have all of their stuff on my Jeep, and one day pay the crazy prices for their stuff for my 4th gen Ram. I just hate some of AEV’s business practices.

everyone who is thinking about AEV stuff should absolutely understand how AEV works before they take the plunge.

Comment

Agreed. However if they weren’t dickin around with chevy’s or Toyota wheels, they would’ve came up with the rear bumper for the 4th gen. Instead, they’ll stop, or have stopped fabricating parts for the 4th gen and start with the 5th gen. Believe me, I’m a fan, I have all of their stuff on my Jeep, and one day pay the crazy prices for their stuff for my 4th gen Ram. I just hate some of AEV’s business practices.

everyone who is thinking about AEV stuff should absolutely understand how AEV works before they take the plunge.
                              Geez...that's a bit harsh. I am curious where you are getting all this inside information from because as far as I know, there is no way for you (or anyone else outside of these walls for that matter) to know what we are currently working on, will be working on in the future or have been working on. The public only sees the very tip-top of the iceberg, compared to everything that is going on behind the scenes here. Take GM for example, we worked on Bison program for close to 4 years before anyone even saw the SEMA concept for the first time.

Believe me, I can sympathize with the urgency to outfit a new vehicle but unfortunately, we are not going to put our name on an inferior product just to capitalize on being first to market. I know that may seem like a typical cop-out but that philosophy is exactly what got us to where we are today. We are not about to start putting profit before quality now. Aside from that, there are things like tooling, prototyping, product testing (controlled environment and real world), safety certifications and a number of other r&d and manufacturing hurdles to overcome along the way. If we were only in business to take your money, then we just take the path of least resistance to do so.

Either way, I can assure you that our Colorado/Toyota wheel has no relevance to the Ram Rear Bumper or any other product for that matter
                              Matt Feldermann
                              Marketing Manager, AEV

Comment

Working...
                              X