19+ ram and AEV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AEV_Matt View Post

Geez...that's a bit harsh. I am curious where you are getting all this inside information from because as far as I know, there is no way for you (or anyone else outside of these walls for that matter) to know what we are currently working on, will be working on in the future or have been working on. The public only sees the very tip-top of the iceberg, compared to everything that is going on behind the scenes here. Take GM for example, we worked on Bison program for close to 4 years before anyone even saw the SEMA concept for the first time.

Believe me, I can sympathize with the urgency to outfit a new vehicle but unfortunately, we are not going to put our name on an inferior product just to capitalize on being first to market. I know that may seem like a typical cop-out but that philosophy is exactly what got us to where we are today. We are not about to start putting profit before quality now. Aside from that, there are things like tooling, prototyping, product testing (controlled environment and real world), safety certifications and a number of other r&d and manufacturing hurdles to overcome along the way. If we were only in business to take your money, then we just take the path of least resistance to do so.

Either way, I can assure you that our Colorado/Toyota wheel has no relevance to the Ram Rear Bumper or any other product for that matter
    OMG AEV can multi task and work on more than one vehicle at once.

I know that many of the tests that you guys do take months to complete, then any tweaks, changes in engineering, retooling, etc... it all takes much, much, much longer than companies who are just cutting plate steel and welding the parts together. At the same time you are getting a lighter and stronger product than the other companies products.

In all honesty though I have heard from many companies that have traditionally done rear bumpers and tires carriers, and at the moment most companies have no plans for a JT rear bumper/tire carrier, so if AEV does something in the back of the JT and Ram with a tire carrier, and build a solid business case to make it I would be shocked.
    Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
    4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

Furthermore, we will be expanding our design and engineering teams quite a bit over the next year. We DO listen to what our customers are saying and we see the frustration over products such as the Ram rear bumper. We hope this will allow us to have more people available for future projects, regardless of platform. I know it doesn't really help with the specific products in question here but we recognize that we need more manpower to tackle all the projects we have in the pipeline and to be able to bring them to market sooner, without sacrificing innovation or quality.

MF
      Matt Feldermann
      Marketing Manager, AEV

Comment

Geez...that's a bit harsh. I am curious where you are getting all this inside information from because as far as I know, there is no way for you (or anyone else outside of these walls for that matter) to know what we are currently working on, will be working on in the future or have been working on. The public only sees the very tip-top of the iceberg, compared to everything that is going on behind the scenes here. Take GM for example, we worked on Bison program for close to 4 years before anyone even saw the SEMA concept for the first time.

Believe me, I can sympathize with the urgency to outfit a new vehicle but unfortunately, we are not going to put our name on an inferior product just to capitalize on being first to market. I know that may seem like a typical cop-out but that philosophy is exactly what got us to where we are today. We are not about to start putting profit before quality now. Aside from that, there are things like tooling, prototyping, product testing (controlled environment and real world), safety certifications and a number of other r&d and manufacturing hurdles to overcome along the way. If we were only in business to take your money, then we just take the path of least resistance to do so.

Either way, I can assure you that our Colorado/Toyota wheel has no relevance to the Ram Rear Bumper or any other product for that matter

I have no inside information, all I have is what I/we see. Is it not fact that if you had the resources and funds assigned to making stuff for GM and Toyota, instead making/finishing products for FCA, they’d be finished/out sooner?

Again, I love AEV stuff, but you’re not Apple. Conquer one market before moving on. You guys nailed Jeep! It shows as they now sell the Brute double cab! Next was/is the Ram.... yet to be finished....

im just a Jeep guy that fell in love with your Ram stuff. There is ZERO chance of me buying a bison or Toyota. Call me selfish.

Comment

Originally posted by walker111 View Post

I have no inside information, all I have is what I/we see. Is it not fact that if you had the resources and funds assigned to making stuff for GM and Toyota, instead making/finishing products for FCA, they’d be finished/out sooner?

Again, I love AEV stuff, but you’re not Apple. Conquer one market before moving on. You guys nailed Jeep! It shows as they now sell the Brute double cab! Next was/is the Ram.... yet to be finished....

im just a Jeep guy that fell in love with your Ram stuff. There is ZERO chance of me buying a bison or Toyota. Call me selfish.
          I understand where you are coming from but it's not at all like that. With GM, those resources and funds were all allocated and spent before we even saw our first JL and with Toyota (#1 selling 4wd in the WORLD) we simply re-drilled an existing wheel and opened up the hub bore a bit. Jeep and Ram are still our primary focus and will be. Bison is kind of it's own animal, since it is an OE program and has a million hoops to jump through.

I admit, we did not time Ram right at first. We came into the game late in the generation and never had the time to dive as deep as we wanted before the next gen came out. BUT we are making great progress on the next gen Ram product line and are now working on making that rear bumper fit BOTH generations.
          Matt Feldermann
          Marketing Manager, AEV

Comment

BUT we are making great progress on the next gen Ram product line and are now working on making that rear bumper fit BOTH generations.
            YAY!
            "Dont wish for it,work for it."
            2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-AEV dual sport 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets- Tire carrier with fuel caddy-AEV/Rhino rack roof rack-buffalo key chain

Comment

One of the biggest frustrations is that while you say you listen to the customer, it takes YEARS for you to acknowledge it.

Case in point - Ram HD front bumper. For YEARS we as your faithful customers were told that front parking sensors were not possible due to the front tow hooks. Amazingly, the Ram HD front bumper now comes with laser cut locations for the parking sensors and a wire harness too.

Please tell me again how you listen to the customers, tell them it's not possible and then actually DO exactly what you said wasn't possible.

Then tell us why you make a skid plate for the 2010 to 2013 Ram HD for the bumper and not the 2014+ when it's documented that exposing the intercooler can result in damage on these lifted trucks.

I'm not even going to get into the rear bumper debacle. When was this previewed? Sema for 2017? Started working on it in 2015/16?

Look, don't get me wrong, we all understand what AEV has to go through to make a product up to their standards. Just don't call it rain when we all know what makes yellow snow.

Comment

Cool story, i kissed a parked lexus gs450’s rear bumper when parallel parking. Wish i had them sensors lol

happy to hear the rear bumper is going to be a thing!

Comment

Really looking forward to “what’s next” for the 19+. Any chance we’ll see something at SEMA this year?

Comment

i would have to agree with AEV, but clearly the customers do not feel the same way and see it differently.

mike

Comment

. With GM, those resources and funds were all allocated and spent before we even saw our first JL and with Toyota (#1 selling 4wd in the WORLD) we simply re-drilled an existing wheel and opened up the hub bore a bit.

Not to open up a can of worms but if it is that easy, why not make TJ wheels again?
                      "Dont wish for it,work for it."
                      2014 Anvil Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited-Procal-Heat Reduction hood and Snorkel with prefilter-black Pintlers-AEV dual sport 2.5 with AEV Geo brackets- Tire carrier with fuel caddy-AEV/Rhino rack roof rack-buffalo key chain

Comment

Originally posted by forsakenfuture View Post

Not to open up a can of worms but if it is that easy, why not make TJ wheels again?
                        Been there, done that...and nobody bought them. Demand decreased exponentially each year until eventually we had to ask ourselves, is it worth tying up our money in wheel inventory that turns over once every 3 years or in wheel inventory that turns over 3 times a year? It is simply a business decision.

MF
                        Matt Feldermann
                        Marketing Manager, AEV

Comment

I understand where you are coming from but it's not at all like that. With GM, those resources and funds were all allocated and spent before we even saw our first JL and with Toyota (#1 selling 4wd in the WORLD) we simply re-drilled an existing wheel and opened up the hub bore a bit. Jeep and Ram are still our primary focus and will be. Bison is kind of it's own animal, since it is an OE program and has a million hoops to jump through.

I admit, we did not time Ram right at first. We came into the game late in the generation and never had the time to dive as deep as we wanted before the next gen came out. BUT we are making great progress on the next gen Ram product line and are now working on making that rear bumper fit BOTH generations.
                          As a 2012 Ram owner I’ll be the first to admit I was disappointed when a lift was never offered for my truck (I may have been a bit of a pouty bitch). Being in Missoula I wanted to support the local guy with my truck (Dave has always been super nice to me), so I never actually added a lift to my truck. Right now I’m thrilled with my Salta HD Wheels and Raised Air Intake. That said, if y’all get bored and want to make a lift for my truck, just have Dave give me a call. He has my number and I wouldn’t mind being a test subject.
                          2012 Ram Power Wagon
                          Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, Salta HD Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo A/T II Tires

Comment

Been there, done that...and nobody bought them. Demand decreased exponentially each year until eventually we had to ask ourselves, is it worth tying up our money in wheel inventory that turns over once every 3 years or in wheel inventory that turns over 3 times a year? It is simply a business decision.

MF
                            I do like that it sounds like many of the parts AEV is working on will be backwards compatible. Hopefully for the most part this will allow prior generation owners to be satisfied, and allow AEV to continue to keep the inventory turning.
                            Jon

2008 Rubicon Unlimited
                            4.5" AEV lift, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AEV front/rear bumpers, AEV Corners, Factory Ten Axle Shafts.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepinJon View Post

I do like that it sounds like many of the parts AEV is working on will be backwards compatible. Hopefully for the most part this will allow prior generation owners to be satisfied, and allow AEV to continue to keep the inventory turning.
                              That's the goal! In a perfect world, everyone is happy and we stay in business lol
                              Matt Feldermann
                              Marketing Manager, AEV

Comment

Any way to opt out of the non Jeep/Ram emails? Or do I have to unsubscribe from it altogether?

Comment

Working...
                                X