Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

19+ new front bumper

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 19+ new front bumper

    Just revealed. If this is the path forward, I'll buy a 2020 model.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	ram-1573092180.jpg
Views:	617
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	259978

  • #2
    I was super excited. I was hoping that they were going to make it available for the 4th gen but it doesn't look like it.
    "Don't wish for it,work for it."
    2014 Ram Power Wagon

    Comment


    • #3
      Does anybody know if the intercooler protection/skid plates (seen on the 5th gen bumper at Sema) will be compatible or available for us 4th gen folks?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by forbee View Post
        Does anybody know if the intercooler protection/skid plates (seen on the 5th gen bumper at Sema) will be compatible or available for us 4th gen folks?
        According to their facebook post, that is the plan.
        "Don't wish for it,work for it."
        2014 Ram Power Wagon

        Comment


        • #5
          Going to be honest here, this is not much protection.

          Click image for larger version

Name:	73475055_2590051807729221_152915215288107008_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQk-kpc5kHt_p-Qy_AI_BWoLJ3oLTej6h-DXWoT2hDE5D4emyoMvgvaMRPEFzxnXdPk&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=827e630d3791a35a5a895a1452789a09&oe=5E5B0BC0.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	469.9 KB
ID:	259998

          Comment


          • #6
            what manufacturer builds something that looks similar to this for a 2012 3500?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by socaladam View Post
              Going to be honest here, this is not much protection.

              Click image for larger version

Name:	73475055_2590051807729221_152915215288107008_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQk-kpc5kHt_p-Qy_AI_BWoLJ3oLTej6h-DXWoT2hDE5D4emyoMvgvaMRPEFzxnXdPk&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=827e630d3791a35a5a895a1452789a09&oe=5E5B0BC0.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	469.9 KB
ID:	259998
              Diesel power products ran the ultimate adventure a few years ago with an AEV bumper on their ram... it worked fine for them so I can see why the rest of us that don’t drive in those conditions would have problems.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Explorerinil View Post

                Diesel power products ran the ultimate adventure a few years ago with an AEV bumper on their ram... it worked fine for them so I can see why the rest of us that don’t drive in those conditions would have problems.
                I didn't do the same thing DPP did, but I did nearly get a punctured intercooler because the AEV bumper provided no protection.

                Click image for larger version

Name:	rfRmxCDFmfqinMycgwlAYUM6921sAW8dIBZ9n5PaqTYkzUxuoFn0aijtQbaTIzJ7ISw8r4TWQySp-IVN6dh3M2MGnxZO-rRvBi4IEFQgEIIvN_fZ0OvmmgMbdu7JFM7y8mnw3HLw9Ob64Dpwp2ub-CF7QAF_knSl503119ckE5mN9CEojg-3LCnfkB5aO2tcnhdHDW4o9B1rNvOkh3dRrVrV1qX60a56YgW3HXcfAR_r42hPozshRKXcR2Ac0Qv
Views:	521
Size:	375.1 KB
ID:	260003
                Last edited by socaladam; 11-08-2019, 09:00 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by socaladam View Post
                  Going to be honest here, this is not much protection.

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	73475055_2590051807729221_152915215288107008_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQk-kpc5kHt_p-Qy_AI_BWoLJ3oLTej6h-DXWoT2hDE5D4emyoMvgvaMRPEFzxnXdPk&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=827e630d3791a35a5a895a1452789a09&oe=5E5B0BC0.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	469.9 KB
ID:	259998
                  I agree, I was hoping to see a little more than that.
                  2012 Ram Power Wagon
                  Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, Salta HD Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo A/T II Tires

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Will the new brush guard work with the older AEV Ram bumper?
                    I'd like the extra protection, but don't want to buy a whole new bumper.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      aevRJ - Will this bumper carry over to those of us rocking the older style trucks, or is this a 2020 only bumper style? Also, can the intercooler protection/skid plates be made to work with 2019 and older bumpers?
                      2012 Ram Power Wagon
                      Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, Salta HD Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo A/T II Tires

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 04Ram2500Hemi View Post
                        aevRJ - Will this bumper carry over to those of us rocking the older style trucks, or is this a 2020 only bumper style? Also, can the intercooler protection/skid plates be made to work with 2019 and older bumpers?
                        Unfortunately I don't have a definitive answer about backwards compatibility for any component of the RAM front bumper (including the brush guard). It's definitely being discussed. It's obviously in our best interests for our products to work on as many vehicles as possible, but there's always limitations (this is why I'm not an engineer). I will be sure to tell everyone I can about the high levels of interest we're getting on social media and the forum.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by socaladam View Post

                          I didn't do the same thing DPP did, but I did nearly get a punctured intercooler because the AEV bumper provided no protection.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	rfRmxCDFmfqinMycgwlAYUM6921sAW8dIBZ9n5PaqTYkzUxuoFn0aijtQbaTIzJ7ISw8r4TWQySp-IVN6dh3M2MGnxZO-rRvBi4IEFQgEIIvN_fZ0OvmmgMbdu7JFM7y8mnw3HLw9Ob64Dpwp2ub-CF7QAF_knSl503119ckE5mN9CEojg-3LCnfkB5aO2tcnhdHDW4o9B1rNvOkh3dRrVrV1qX60a56YgW3HXcfAR_r42hPozshRKXcR2Ac0Qv
Views:	521
Size:	375.1 KB
ID:	260003
                          Ya the bumper is one of the nicest on the market, but that skid plate is a complete after thought. As others have said it doesnt really protect much at all.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by aevRJ View Post

                            Unfortunately I don't have a definitive answer about backwards compatibility for any component of the RAM front bumper (including the brush guard). It's definitely being discussed. It's obviously in our best interests for our products to work on as many vehicles as possible, but there's always limitations (this is why I'm not an engineer). I will be sure to tell everyone I can about the high levels of interest we're getting on social media and the forum.
                            Do you know if the front camera still has a useable view with the front horizontal bar? Hopefully the lower bar doesn't block the view of the front facing camera.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by regal2800 View Post

                              Do you know if the front camera still has a useable view with the front horizontal bar? Hopefully the lower bar doesn't block the view of the front facing camera.
                              We're aware of the situation and we're working on a solution for it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X