37's and Highmark flares - no lift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 37's and Highmark flares - no lift?

Has anyone experimented running 37" tires with no lift but using XL fenders for the needed clearance?

I'm planning on building a new flat bed 3500 crew cab (8' bed platform, SRW), and would like to keep the CG low and steering geometry stock-ish. My buddy recommended running 37's with the Highmark fender flares and no lift. I'm rather intrigued...

Apologies if this topic already exists.

Respectfully,

Sheep dog
    Mechanical Eng.

Seems to me those 37’s might look lost in those huge cutouts.
    I like the idea of keeping the stock height with 37’s also. I also like using wheels with an offset of at least -12 mm so I get a somewhat aggressive look, but this would cause the tires to rub on the rear of the wheel wells then you have to hack away with saws all.
    It would be nice if AEV offered a fender flare cutout that was scaled down from the highmark version to accept 37’s and also allowed me to use a more negative wheel offset with no lift. Get all that?
    Last edited by PopsTonka; 12-03-2019, 03:14 PM.

Comment

There is a few threads about this very topic. It has pretty much been decided it looks goofy.

Originally posted by PopsTonka View Post
      It would be nice if AEV offered a fender flare cutout that was scaled down from the highmark version to accept 37’s
      I agree 100%.
      "Don't wish for it,work for it."
      2014 Ram Power Wagon

Comment

Thanks for the input - I concur with the assessment.

Comment

37’s and AEV flares

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/t...4/post-2651856
          2012 Ram Power Wagon
          Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, LED Lights Mounted in the Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill, Custom Headache Rack, AEV Raised Air Intake, Salta HD Wheels, 285/75/17 Toyo A/T II Tires

Comment

Working...
          X