2020 Olive Green Prospector XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Olive Green Prospector XL

After years or dreaming I finally bought a Prospector. The new green pushed me over the edge. So far I love it. For those looking at a 2019+ Prospector, be advised it does not include the intercooler shroud (despite what the website says), and the Black Badging package does include a few Mopar pieces like the Cummins badge and the 2500 badges in the hood. I swapped to the black headlights, taillights, grill once I picked it up. So much better without the chrome. I haven't seen a 2019+ build thread yet, so I'll try to keep this updated as I add gears/lockers (if they're ever available) sliders, and flatbed.

Really really nice.

I really really really want one but I'll wait until there is a gearing upgrade for them.

Comment

These trucks have a lot of power, and the new ones have 3.73 gears vs the 3.42 of the previous generation. It definitely needs gears, but is by no means undriveable. You feel it's a bit under geared leaving a stop, but otherwise it's fine for light use. Certainly way better than our JK on 37s. A lot of the time I restrict the transmission to 5th which puts the ratio very close to 6th and 4.88s. I tend hold it in lower gears a lot when towing (though I haven't towed anything very heavy yet).

Comment

Great color. Black interior?

Comment

It's the black/light mountain brown interior. I ordered some coyote tan seat covers which I'll install this week. It also has the vinyl floor, which I love, but the fold out platform under the seat is still carpeted unfortunately. I'm trying to figure out some kind of solution to keep the dogs from filling it with dirt and hair.

Comment

Originally posted by ExpoCrawler View Post
            These trucks have a lot of power, and the new ones have 3.73 gears vs the 3.42 of the previous generation. It definitely needs gears, but is by no means undriveable. You feel it's a bit under geared leaving a stop, but otherwise it's fine for light use. Certainly way better than our JK on 37s. A lot of the time I restrict the transmission to 5th which puts the ratio very close to 6th and 4.88s. I tend hold it in lower gears a lot when towing (though I haven't towed anything very heavy yet).
            I have a 2014 Ram diesel on 37's with 4.56 gears. Deleted. I think id want something with a little more grunt than 3.73's with 40" tires. This is really the only thing holding me back from buying an XL.

Comment

Can you post pics of the rear bumper. Nice rig!

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted10 View Post

I have a 2014 Ram diesel on 37's with 4.56 gears. Deleted. I think id want something with a little more grunt than 3.73's with 40" tires. This is really the only thing holding me back from buying an XL.
                Agreed. It's about expectations. If you're coming from a properly geared modern diesel, it will feel weak. If you're coming from a V6 Wrangler, it will be a big improvement.

Here's my only pic of the rear. I can get something closer tomorrow if you're looking for a specific view.

Comment

Thanks, If you could get some from underneathe, that would be great.

Comment

Here are a couple more pics of the bumper. Let me know if it shows what you're looking for. At least you reminded me I need to get rid of the stock spare.

Comment

Got seat covers installed. Went with Marathon cordura in Coyote Tan. More difficult to put on than I expected, but look decent. I wish AEV still made covers, I was sad to cover the headrest Bison logos.

Comment

Originally posted by ExpoCrawler View Post
                        Here are a couple more pics of the bumper. Let me know if it shows what you're looking for. At least you reminded me I need to get rid of the stock spare.
                        Thank you.

Wonder what this joker is going to cost....

Comment

First elk hunting trip, and proof it's not just a pavement princess.

​​​​​​...yes the trailer has matching Katlas and 40s.

Comment

Originally posted by walker111 View Post

Thank you.

Wonder what this joker is going to cost....
                            about 1700

Comment

Working...
                            X